Venom Bomb, Puzzle Gauntlet, AND a boss event

Comments

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor
    Omegased said:
    Without FOMO, no one would want to play this game at all.

I'm a marvel fan and I enjoy match three puzzle games during down time.  I would play even without prizes.  Has nothing to do with FOMO
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    I'm a marvel fan and I enjoy match three puzzle games during down time.  I would play even without prizes.  Has nothing to do with FOMO

So you would play this, without any characters? without any progression?

Prizes = characters to play with. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given that how there are a number of players who wants training mode that doesn't give rewards at all, I say it's pretty true. 

While gacha game runs on fomo in a certain way,  ultimately players need to have the will to overcome it.  You can't blame the game for your lack of willpower. I suggest going for some zen training sessions to train your willpower. Think about this, unless you are saying that your non-MPQ boss judge your work performance based on how fast you champ characters in MPQ, else you can miss out on playing extra events. You want a break, don't play Venom Bomb. It's a choice. The person putting pressure on you is you yourself. I see a quite a number of players putting pressure on themselves to champ every character as fast possible and they suffered burnout even more quickly. Where are they rushing to?

The second thing to touch on is priority. Everyone has 24 hours in their lives. How each person uses each hour depends on their priority. There are players who have played MPQ for over 7 years and the events they play are only DDQ and a few matches here and there in pves. They missed out tons of stuffs over the past 7 years but they are still happy playing MPQ. Some of them even dropped money on the game. It's matter of priority

• killahKlown
    edited September 2022
    Omegased said:

I said I play because of the marvel connection.  How does that happen with no characters Sherlock?
  • Omegased
    Omegased said:

I said I play because of the marvel connection.  How does that happen with no characters Sherlock?

Sigh.

I really can't believe I need to explain this.

Game includes marvel characters.

Prizes are characters.

Game is based on you getting those prizes.

With no prizes, no Marvel.

• killahKlown
    Omegased said:
    Omegased said:

Sigh.

I really can't believe I need to explain this.

Game includes marvel characters.

Prizes are characters.

Game is based on you getting those prizes.

With no prizes, no Marvel.

Not really seeing your point.  If we had all the characters from the start and they were not prizes, I would still be playing.  You claimed nobody would be playing if not for fear of missing out on prizes.  Therefore you are wrong. 
  • killahKlown
    If I could vote for post of the year, skittkedaddy would have my vote 
  • killahKlown
    More options, more variety, more prizes.  It baffles me that people would complain about this
  • Omegased
    More options, more variety, more prizes.  It baffles me that people would complain about this
    I guess not everyone has an unlimited amount of time to play. We have jobs/families/other interests, so watching a reward go to waste (esp shards for a classic that won't reappear for a couple of years) is tough.

If it was simply tokens, I don't think people would care. But those 5star shards are rare.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Obviously people disliking it will be very vocals in this forum. People who doesn't care much not. And people liking it can be vocal or not.

If devs have repeated it, it must be that the metrics support this pattern.
    And I understand it perfectly, given that when there is a pve bug people start playing like crazy in order to double dip on rewards and after that they manage to compete on the rerun on doble pve.
    Personally I've said it before, what I really want is more content for not to be searching another gacha game. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Watching rewards go to waste is a psychogical barrier. If MPQ shuts down one day, which will happen, does it means all your years of playing the game has gone to waste?
  • Omegased
    Watching rewards go to waste is a psychogical barrier. If MPQ shuts down one day, which will happen, does it means all your years of playing the game has gone to waste?
    That's a false equivalency, they're nothing alike.

It is a psychological barrier at least, but a negative one. Choosing not to play (or being forced to not play) is one thing.

Watching Shards go unclaimed, is a different thing
  • HoundofShadow
    How is it different? Also, it's Carbage shards. How often do you even meet Carbage or use Carbage? Players just need to learn how to get over this "waste". I didn't play the Hunt three times to get all the shards rewards. I played second run and ignored the third run. Over the past few years, I didn't play MPQ at all for a total of two or more months and I didn't feel like those rewards went to waste.

It's an option to play. Players need to learn how to deal with their own psychological barriers, instead of making the dev babysit them. What happened to the idea of being responsible for your own action? 
  • Omegased
    I use carnage all the time. Carnage/knull/morbius are a solid team.

250 Shards will give me another cover, getting him to 451.

He had been 450 for over a year now, as Shards are hard to come by.

The "quality" of this character shouldn't be relevant. What if next time it's Switch? Colossus? Is it only relevant when you decide?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not meaning to wade into the "debate" too much but I skip PvE all the time (I skipped Cosmic Chaos coz it is a bit of a pain and I didn't have time) and once you start getting your head around that then you realise it is fine to do so - you can play at your own pace and enjoy it, play hard or do as you wish. I may dabble a bit in Venom Bomb to get some 3* Emma covers, if I have more time (probably not as my son is coming home from University on Saturday) I'll do some more. Sinister Six as boss event is a massive bonus as it super fast though, so thank you Devs for that.

Anyway - back to your regular programming schedule.
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2022
    I'm not a fan of having concurrent events that both have alliance rewards. If this is going to become a regular thing, could they remove alliance placement rewards from the story event? That would take the pressure off players and commanders in competitive alliances.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Thankfully the boss event is S6 which is normally over in a day. I will reduce my input into Venom Bomb to 4 clears and out. So the concurrent Event + PvE + Puzzle I has been mitigated slightly. 

I do have to say, I quit SWGoH because they restricted the energy they gifted to times when I was working. FOMO or not, feeling screwed over because on you have a life outside the game is real is a legitimate reason to walk away. I will also quit this game again when it becomes too much of a grind. That isn’t a threat, but I doubt I’m the only one. Hopefully BC recognizes that this is a concern for a part of their player base an tweaks it a bit. Maybe only running goon heavy PvEs during events is a good compromise.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    MPQ is a fidget spinner with prizes to me. I am 100% okay with these three events happening at the same time.