Venom Bomb, Puzzle Gauntlet, AND a boss event

Isay_Isay
Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
IN THIS ECONOMY?!?!?!

Can Venom Bomb be cancelled?  I think we’re all due for a pve break before anniversary to decompress 

Comments

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2022
    There was even a question in the Q&A about concurrent PVE events:
    Question - I've found the concurrent PVE events to be a huge drag. Should we brace ourselves for more of that, or were those truly ad hoc hiccups? (ThaRoadWarrior)

Answer - Those are rarely intentional, and usually a response to compensating for some error (like the Hunt running repeatedly for the Reptil release). Sometimes it's planned and due to some compression in the schedule (like the addition of 4* She-Hulk to celebrate their Disney+ show).
    So what is the truth??? Why does this keep happening regularly when plenty of players have expressed dislike for concurrent events???
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2022
    I just see it as venom bomb being the norm but then an easy boss event is there as my side hustle for extra loot

But let's just take it away from everyone because this one guy doesn't like it.
  • hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I have life and a job, no time to play so many events. It's not the developer responsibility but I miss out rewards if I "chose to take a break". I shouldn't have to choose. I work hard for pvp (2 events right now)  and pve (Venom, Boss, soon puzzle gauntlet too). There aren't enough hours to work hard for all. Why this change? They said they would not keeping doing but they do??

(Sorey for bad english, and hi I'm new to this site after taking break from game during covid!)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sinister Six is probably the fastest boss event to beat and Venom Bomb is fairly easy especially with Apoc boosted. Unless you really need Carnage shards you could just skip Venom Bomb and then take the weekend off once you beat the boss event. As for Puzzle Gauntlet it's like a week long or something. I always do it later on when I'm bored.
  • bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Not a bad situation for me, as I don't have the essential 5-star (Carnage) for Venom Bomb, so it won't take as long to complete PVE, freeing up some time for me. 
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 906 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2022
    Only Venom Bomb has time tied to placement so it won't be nearly as much a grind as the two pve events we had simultaneously a couple weeks ago.  Obviously I don't need to play for placement, but it would be foolish for me to give up a t10 finish (cl8).

Puzzle Gauntlet doesn't take very long(usually) once I remember who to use for what.  And having a pve allows me to max out my bonus rewards during a boss weekend.  For me it's all about getting as much resources as possible so this right here would be my preference for a boss weekend.  
  • bickle
    bickle Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Everyone seems to be conveniently overlooking how it is common for Alliance to have participation requirements. And when something like this comes up, that means that the alliance commanders have to come together on a decision of what to do. 

Really, the question is why the devs made it sound like it would be a rare occurrence and now it is already happening again. 

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    bickle said:
    Everyone seems to be conveniently overlooking how it is commonly for Alliance to have participation requirements. And when something like this comes up, that means that the alliance commanders have to come together on a decision of what to do.

Again, it's a choice to be in those types of alliances. Choose a different one if you can't commit to that requirement. I'm very happy with my alliance and we don't have that requirement, though we obviously encourage participation. And when someone needs a break, all we ask for is communication.

I also think that most of the cutthroat alliances are populated by players who won't find it that much of a burden to have to play an extra event. A lot of those players are already playing hours a day. An extra 40 minutes on top of the Boss Event is nothing to a lot of them.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    +1 for concurrent boss/PvE events!
  • bickle
    bickle Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Borstock said:
    Again, it's a choice to be in those types of alliances. Choose a different one if you can't commit to that requirement. 
    I’m very happy with my alliance, thanks. But what’s going on here is that Broken Circle is now adding events, which increases what would have been considered full participation. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    bickle said:
    Borstock said:
    Again, it's a choice to be in those types of alliances. Choose a different one if you can't commit to that requirement. 
    I’m very happy with my alliance, thanks. But what’s going on here is that Broken Circle is now adding events, which increases what would have been considered full participation. 

Broken Circle's communication has been insanely good, so far. This is probably just a new status quo for Boss Events. I don't believe it even does conflict with the Q&A. They probably just thought that we understood from last time. This is a non-issue.
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2022
    How are alliance requirements affected by a boss event with adjacent pve?  

They aren't tied to each other.  Shuffling isn't needed since you are locked into your boss alliance from the start.  Sounds like someone complaining just for the sake of complaining and making up conflicts that don't exist.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor

Remember, every decision you make in this game or any other game is a conscious decision.  The dev can't force you to play MPQ or other events.
    You're not wrong, but keep in mind this game runs HEAVILY on FOMO.

Without FOMO, no one would want to play this game at all.

when you're in a scenario where you see what you want, actively disappearing if you don't play/poop more it really hurts.

So you either PLAY more (and burnout), or get sad that you see things you're missing out on.

What you said is technically correct (the best type of correct), but humans don't see it that way.