**** She-Hulk (Origin) ****

Options
124»

Comments

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This event ain’t doing nothing for poor She-Hulk, but it sure did highlight Yelena! She was at the bottom of my to be champed list, but this event made me see the light! I totally get why she ranks so high in Daredevil’s list now.

Between her and the Banner rebalance, it’s renewed my commitment to champ em all!
  • Farii
    Farii Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is there a passive part to Heroic defense that I'm missing? At least during PvP the Heroic Defense banner keeps appearing even though there's no countdown tile. 
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 362 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I noticed that as well, it would pop up but nothing would happen.  After the countdown tile was gone.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You need to think out of the box when facing Yelena. In the beginning, stop at 6 green or red and when the countdown goes off, you gain +3 red and +3 green. In the meantime, match her non-strongest colour tile before matching her strongest colour because Yelena prioritises reducing the highest ap pool. 

As for Wasp, I can't see their energy yet. Putting BRB might be too easy. I think Rescue would synergise with her except for colour overlap.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The real problem is that yelena is a 5* and shehulk a 4* and both are at 270 level. 
    Still I won with the loaner at first try.
    Yelena only can destroy 1 color per turn, try out to take advantage of that for to quick fire her powers.
    If not possible, then TU power, yelena doesn't target that, and I fired a Elektra 3* TU stealing her strikes.
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You need to think out of the box when facing Yelena. In the beginning, stop at 6 green or red and when the countdown goes off, you gain +3 red and +3 green. In the meantime, match her non-strongest colour tile before matching her strongest colour because Yelena prioritises reducing the highest ap pool. 

As for Wasp, I can't see their energy yet. Putting BRB might be too easy. I think Rescue would synergise with her except for colour overlap.
    I got whooped a couple of times before I made the realization to stay under 9. Definitely enjoyed it like a puzzle gauntlet node (some strategy, some luck).
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 648 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Welcome to shield is an absolute nightmare for me, my wasp only has 1 cover but from what I understand if she was fully covered I'd still be in the same situation. Ah well ill have to skip the LL token this time around.
  • bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Welcome to shield is an absolute nightmare for me, my wasp only has 1 cover but from what I understand if she was fully covered I'd still be in the same situation. Ah well ill have to skip the LL token this time around.
    Can't you just Deadpool-whale it? 
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 648 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can't beat mockingbird and riri, I usually whale thing and starlord but if I can't do this one I'll have used up my deadpool points. No big deal just a shame that hope doesn't do much of anything 
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Guessing 98% of the players who finish are either SCing it or Whales. I assume Wasp gets her rebalance when the new Ant Man movie comes out.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I cleared it with brb. Shehulk protects are 1600 strength.
    Before SC I used to clear the node with Yellowjacket.
    Before Yellowjacket, professor 4* and a good support.
  • jbtilley
    jbtilley Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Can we maybe mix up welcome to SHIELD events so the last few nodes don't always come down to a DP TU or a character that can go invisible and try to outlast.

The same old nodes with the same old enemies is the same... and old.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Use 3* Ironman.  Give both yellow supports. Turn your attention to Riri first and match damage her, prioritising yellow, followed by red, then green. Protect those cd tiles and once IM40 is stunned, fire red and green at Riri and it'll be easy the rest of the match.

Here's the video: 

https://streamable.com/1gvfrt
  • bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I can't beat mockingbird and riri, I usually whale thing and starlord but if I can't do this one I'll have used up my deadpool points. No big deal just a shame that hope doesn't do much of anything 
    Oh, I see. I don't have Wasp, so I can't complete this Welcome to SHIELD.

But in last week's Welcome, I was able to beat the final node with a one-cover Dr. Octopus, the loaner Oscorp Spidey, and a 1/1/1 Shang-Chi (equipped with Shuri's lab support to boost red AP).  I think I got a bit lucky with a favorable board at the beginning.