List of Powers Chasm Broke (or, things you didn't know were start-of-game abilities) FIXED!

Options
135

Comments

  • SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    **** said:
    SourCream said:
    **** said:
    As I mention in Discord if it's the case that they dun fix SC ,I WILL STOP paying for this game anymore,not much but ~$300 USD/month.
    As I think it's not fair enough

    I can finish PVP 50 win w/o Shang .

    My 2 cents

    Shang works as usual if you're using Chasm. He only stop working if you're facing Chasm without a Chasm on your side. The same goes for Okoye, Karnak , Juggernaut, and some not listed yet. If that was the intended design, you will not be the only one quitting. It's a major bug, give them more than a Sunday to fix.

    As for Big Wheel, he is broken with or without Chasm. The stuns are proper, only Hydra Stomper is an oddity and Apocalypse needs an active mutant to avoid stun, thus working as intended.
    FYR

    https://streamable.com/wdsr4w

    https://streamable.com/pmk0i0

    With Chasm.
  • meteor0905
    meteor0905 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    SourCream said:
    **** said:
    SourCream said:
    **** said:
    As I mention in Discord if it's the case that they dun fix SC ,I WILL STOP paying for this game anymore,not much but ~$300 USD/month.
    As I think it's not fair enough

    I can finish PVP 50 win w/o Shang .

    My 2 cents

    Shang works as usual if you're using Chasm. He only stop working if you're facing Chasm without a Chasm on your side. The same goes for Okoye, Karnak , Juggernaut, and some not listed yet. If that was the intended design, you will not be the only one quitting. It's a major bug, give them more than a Sunday to fix.

    As for Big Wheel, he is broken with or without Chasm. The stuns are proper, only Hydra Stomper is an oddity and Apocalypse needs an active mutant to avoid stun, thus working as intended.
    FYR

    https://streamable.com/wdsr4w

    https://streamable.com/pmk0i0

    With Chasm.
    I have Chasm,too🥲
    maybe something like PC/iPhone balaba

    https://streamable.com/uz6q0x
  • SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    **** said:
    SourCream said:
    **** said:
    SourCream said:
    **** said:
    As I mention in Discord if it's the case that they dun fix SC ,I WILL STOP paying for this game anymore,not much but ~$300 USD/month.
    As I think it's not fair enough

    I can finish PVP 50 win w/o Shang .

    My 2 cents

    Shang works as usual if you're using Chasm. He only stop working if you're facing Chasm without a Chasm on your side. The same goes for Okoye, Karnak , Juggernaut, and some not listed yet. If that was the intended design, you will not be the only one quitting. It's a major bug, give them more than a Sunday to fix.

    As for Big Wheel, he is broken with or without Chasm. The stuns are proper, only Hydra Stomper is an oddity and Apocalypse needs an active mutant to avoid stun, thus working as intended.
    FYR

    https://streamable.com/wdsr4w

    https://streamable.com/pmk0i0

    With Chasm.
    I have Chasm,too🥲
    maybe something like PC/iPhone balaba

    https://streamable.com/uz6q0x
    Interesting .... fix soon hopefully.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd like it if there were a consistent definition for these various status implementations. I took Apocalypse/Sighclops into a chasm pvp just to see if the other mutant with abberant "active teammate" behavior on his yellow/black would start up incorrectly. He kept his yellow, so he behaves in the way I'd expect Apocalypse to behave. The reason I checked is because if he is the last un-stunned, un-airborne character on a team, his yellow will switch to black even after the teammates return to active duty. Perhaps in this case it's because he himself is stunned that it doesn't switch?

    Other characters with team-stuns (like G4mora for instance) won't affect Apocalypse as long as the stunned character is alive regardless of status, so one of these two situations is not working as designed, and I'm inclined to think it's the Chasm one.
  • gemstony85Joey
    gemstony85Joey Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Surprised no one else found this yet. The Extra Damage from Yellowjacket's Cross Your Heart doesn't work. That's gotta be a bug too, right?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Surprised no one else found this yet. The Extra Damage from Yellowjacket's Cross Your Heart doesn't work. That's gotta be a bug too, right?
    You're surprised nobody is using an unboosted YJ? 🤣
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    * Warlock's increased damage is not working (unless you are below 50% HP and get back into the increased damage range through self-heals)
    * Okoye's increase does not work - regardless if you have a chasm on your side if you are playing against chasm

    I'm have to say this is some deep ****... anyone has tested what this char before actual release? If they did, they should be fired...
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    morgh said:
    * Warlock's increased damage is not working (unless you are below 50% HP and get back into the increased damage range through self-heals)
    * Okoye's increase does not work - regardless if you have a chasm on your side if you are playing against chasm

    I'm have to say this is some deep ****... anyone has tested what this char before actual release? If they did, they should be fired...
    Or the tester already feels the shame of failure, gets one written reprimand, and learns from their mistakes. And in the process, gives us freebies to satiate our anger.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 989 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Threatening not to spend and expecting dev team to be fire for trying something new, it didn't take long.  :D If some of you are the bosses of IT companies, majority of your time will be spent finding the perfect developer teams, which means never. 
    How long before the first slap to the face of real fans?
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Firing someone over this seems more than extreme. It's a new team that took over the reigns and clearly they are still learning the steps to work and develop the game.
    It should be a learning experience for the team to test more before releasing characters, especially when you are working with characters that could severely impact the game.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah come on now, this is not the end of the world, it's a growth opportunity for them. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would wager that what happened here is this powerset was probably coded in a general way, and a lot of the local specific power exceptions we've all noticed over the years from odd interactions are not playing nice with it. There was probably some tie in to battle start initialization on all these broken abilities that was fine until it wasn't (now). I am sure it's working as implemented, but I would hope it is not working as intended.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,740 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The gift that keeps on giving.

    No one died, apart from my teams the first few attempts until someone told me why. No one needs to be fired, it’s not like the game costs me anything for over 6 or so years of entertainment.

    Even if they stated it’s working as intended as this is a passive killer, so what. I’ve skipped teams before and will have to again. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,797 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I personally have got 5 earnable 5* covers for 3 very decent characters, many of you 6 under the new Devs so they can slap me as much as they like before I need any "compensation". Also they have given me a use for my 10 cover Moon Knight! 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
     Also they have given me a use for my 10 cover Moon Knight! 
    How long did it take you to again realize that you're never going to fire his expensive skills against Chasm?

  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I must say so far this thread hasn’t disappointed. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,797 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    DAZ0273 said:
     Also they have given me a use for my 10 cover Moon Knight! 
    How long did it take you to again realize that you're never going to fire his expensive skills against Chasm?

    Not very long. I ain't never getting to black that is for sure. But...actually...oh man...😢😢
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I’d like to see these powers replicated in the comics. I want Spider-man unable to move the first time he faces Chasm, and then inexplicably cannot fire webs for the rest of the fight, or something.