List of Powers Chasm Broke (or, things you didn't know were start-of-game abilities) FIXED!

Options

Comments

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is my math wrong or would that cost $4200 to get that character ? 
  • meteor0905
    meteor0905 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    he/she got mThor before ,from token(40pull),too
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some players have 6 digit HP saved up over the years. He got 17 covers from HP store. 

166/40*17*12000 =846, 600 HP needed.

That's a lot actually.  :D
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SC BW okoye and juggernaut shouldn't be affected after the stun, it's just common sense reasons.
    Not that some of them could dare to try to fight chasm.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some players have 6 digit HP saved up over the years. He got 17 covers from HP store. 

Yep, I’m free to play and have 480,000 HP saved up. Only another 4 years and I will be able to use 40 pulls to get a 5*  :D
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That means he got 1 cover on each x40 pull.
    I tried a few times and I think my record is 3 x40 pulls and I got no 5*.
    I think that's a money talks case, in bigger or lesser meaning.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Pull rate is 1:166. It means pulling 40x 4 times per cover. I read lucky stories about getting 3 covers in one 40x pulls. So, it could be lower than 800k HP.

And 480k hp is crazy.  That's another 240 roster slots. :D
  • Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Chasm seems to have also broken G5mora. Her red power still does base damage even after downing other opponents. 
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There is nothing in the description of Chasm's powers or in the blog that indicates it is intended that he shuts down a whole swathe of passive powers. I would be amazed if the devs knew he was going to affect Okoye or Shang-Chi and chose not to mention it in the blog. It does call into question the level of testing though.

I haven't started the PVP yet but alliance teammates are reporting that they are not enjoying the fact that Chasm neuters or slows down the use of so many powers (I have toned down the language they used when describing this!).
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So many people have asked before on a passive killer. At least this lets us see what that world looks like! Im not a big pvp player so I don’t care either way if they state working as intended and move on. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mean I have said that I wanted a 5* character that could disable passives so maybe someone at Broken Circle has been reading my posts...  :o 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's definitely not intentional, but will be interesting to see how quickly this can be fixed.
    Hopefully quicker than that wave node problem with Storm / Cap Marvel / Hulk, that's been broken since they introduced waves 7 years ago.

I do enjoy a Shang-free PVP, though.
    Please don't fix Shang.
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Definitely interesting to see a passive killer in action, but one that also suppresses AP gain basically turns the game into a very slow grind based on who can do the most match damage. It also seems to be a lottery in this case as to which passives are shut down and which still work. 
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yea he sounded cool on paper until you run into a mirror match and both sides are draining and healing into a >5 min battle.
  • meteor0905
    edited August 2022
    Options
    As I mention in Discord if it's the case that they dun fix SC ,I WILL STOP paying for this game anymore,not much but ~$300 USD/month.
    As I think it's not fair enough

I can finish PVP 50 win w/o Shang .

My 2 cents
  • SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    **** said:
    As I mention in Discord if it's the case that they dun fix SC ,I WILL STOP paying for this game anymore,not much but ~$300 USD/month.

My 2 cents

Shang works as usual if you're using Chasm. He only stop working if you're facing Chasm without a Chasm on your side. The same goes for Okoye, Karnak , Juggernaut, and some not listed yet. If that was the intended design, you will not be the only one quitting. It's a major bug, give them more than a Sunday to fix.

As for Big Wheel, he is broken with or without Chasm. The stuns are proper, only Hydra Stomper is an oddity and Apocalypse needs an active mutant to avoid stun, thus working as intended.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    So many people have asked before on a passive killer. At least this lets us see what that world looks like! Im not a big pvp player so I don’t care either way if they state working as intended and move on. 
    Guilty as charged . I’m already loving it and I haven’t even played him yet . Cats and dogs are sleeping together.
  • meteor0905
    Options
    @ this pvp event Shang can only doing job like board control and no combo gained ,so no purple power(charged),no blue power ,no heaing(w/red) 
    I'm glad that I have crystal champed so I can finish w/mThor(champed) or Polaris .

(sorry my poor English 

Mostly I use Crystal green > air ,fosThor yellow to kill everything 

• meteor0905
    Options
    SourCream said:
    **** said:

My 2 cents

Shang works as usual if you're using Chasm. He only stop working if you're facing Chasm without a Chasm on your side. The same goes for Okoye, Karnak , Juggernaut, and some not listed yet. If that was the intended design, you will not be the only one quitting. It's a major bug, give them more than a Sunday to fix.

As for Big Wheel, he is broken with or without Chasm. The stuns are proper, only Hydra Stomper is an oddity and Apocalypse needs an active mutant to avoid stun, thus working as intended.
    FYR

https://streamable.com/wdsr4w
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options

As you see his Crystal is already over 500 as are other members of his roster like MK who is recent . I don’t think this person is saving for years .