MPQ What's New August (Updated 8/23/22)

Comments

• leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Transpaleo... I'm going with Spyke from Xmen. He shoots spikes of bone, which hits both trans - and - paleo parts. Been a while since we've had an Xmen.
  • Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2022
    My vote is for Reptil.
    A character who uses a bone medallion to turn any part of his body into any part of a dinosaur's body. Pretty obscure, but seems to fit the clue?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Transpaleo doesn't exist.

Trans:
    1) across; beyond; through.
    2) referring or relating to people whose sense of personal identity and gender does not correspond with their birth sex.

Paleo: older or ancient, especially relating to the geological past.

Someone who can teleport into the past or who has lived for more than a few centuries?

Marvel youtube has nothing but She-Hulk and Spiderman. Wong can teleport but I'm not sure if he can go back to the past.

I go with Wong because the clue is vague to me.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I’m guessing transpaleo is the clue for Abomination. I think Kazaar, Reptil or Dinah Soar would be better fits though.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Reptil or Stegron both seem to hit it pretty on the nose, though they're rather obscure.
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Transpaleo = beyond ancient history (/time)? Kang?
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    Ptahhotep said:
    I’m guessing transpaleo is the clue for Abomination. I think Kazaar, Reptil or Dinah Soar would be better fits though.
    First time I've seen anyone, besides myself, reference great lakes avengers on here. 

I'd be ok with Dinah Soar, but only if she were followed by Mr Immortal... And he's got a passive that revives him but he switches sides based on who's winning. His other powers must be detrimental to the team he's on. Other GLA on your team would force him to stay loyal though and have some benefit to his negative influence. 
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    All I can think about is the Paleo diet. Trans can mean across. Maybe this is the first Marvel/DC crossover with the Legion of Superheroes. Matter Eater Lad?
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    All I can think about is the Paleo diet. Trans can mean across. Maybe this is the first Marvel/DC crossover with the Legion of Superheroes. Matter Eater Lad?
    I promise I didn't datamine this. I just followed the clues.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 906 Critical Contributor
    The progression rewards in this seasons shield sim is flawed.  At the 22 win or 1200 point mark it shows the reward of 3* Elektra cover.  Shouldn't that reward be a 3* Beast cover?  
  • Excellent
    Excellent Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    IceIX said:

We will open a fresh What's New thread at the start of every month, and it will be updated on Mondays of every week.
    Grrrr... just realized that the dev Q&A would have been a great opportunity to ask if this is just some sort of running joke.  :p
  • hipUK
    hipUK Posts: 75 Match Maker
    It's nuts that these can't be kept up-to-date.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Maybe the devs are waiting for September, so that they can title the thread "MPQ What's New September"?

People here really need to calm down.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    edited August 2022
    I typed two sentences. You typed an entire mini-essay.

Who's the pissy one overreacting here?
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 906 Critical Contributor
    Smart money says they're busy working on who won the August forums contest but what do I know.  
  • Excellent
    I typed two sentences. You typed an entire mini-essay.

Who's the pissy one overreacting here?
    Would it really take you a long time to type that much? You should meet my friend, Mavis Beacon. For me, taking less than three minutes to complain about having my time wasted by the devs' failures dozens of times over the past year seems fine to me - and highlighting the silliness of your over-defensive explanation was fun, too!  :p
  • BlackBoltRocks
    I'm still curious as to how I was over-defensive, overreacted, and pissy. :thinkingemoji:

Oh well. Some things in life will remain a mystery.
  • Excellent
    edited August 2022
    I'm still curious as to how I was over-defensive, overreacted, and pissy. :thinkingemoji:

Oh well. Some things in life will remain a mystery.
    Huh. It seemed obvious. Well, here are the comments you told to "calm down":

"Grrrr... just realized that the dev Q&A would have been a great opportunity to ask if this is just some sort of running joke.   :p "

"It's nuts that these can't be kept up-to-date."

I would say that, even without the context, they are quite restrained. But if you seriously stand by your interpretation that those comments are in need of calming down, then we'll just agree to disagree. Good luck with Mavis!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Err... wait! What month comes after august? September? And isn't september scheduled as a big milestone month?
    So there is a good excuse this time for to fail on updating this month. You can be snarky, ironic or sarcastic, but I think it's interesting to point out that fact. 
    Personally I allow devs gladly to fail on updating if they are going to evolve the game next month. Although the things I use to do usually aren't the most popular ones :D