MPQ What's New August (Updated 8/23/22)

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Updating the Forum is probably on D3Go's end? Of course if they have nothing from BC then it aint gonna happen either way but I wouldn't be surprised to see a September update and given they have big plans they might have chosen to wait.

Or they could be useless bums! ;) 

Nothing to see here either way!
  • hipUK
    hipUK Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Yeah, I'd assume that D3 waits for updates from BC and then posts them (this thread was posted by a D3 account, it seems).

These updates are probably a lowish priority for the BC dev team, who are potentially very few and always under deadlines. I'd hold my tongue and take what I was given were I a F2P player, but since this is one of three games I've ever paid monthly for, I feel entitled to point out low-hanging fruit that's rotting on the vine.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    hipUK said:
    . I'd hold my tongue and take what I was given were I a F2P player, but since this is one of three games I've ever paid monthly for, I feel entitled to point out low-hanging fruit that's rotting on the vine.
    While I agree that the one paying 0 has exactly the same amount of rights to complain, this update is an extra perk on the forum which has relatively low importance to play the game.
    If it helps you, great, but I don't need it at all and I can count with one hand the times I've read the incoming events.
    So, when choosing which promise is better to protect, to update the monthly events or to update the game, I strongly choose the game in September and anything else it doesn't matters to me.
    Still we are at the end of August and in the final pvp scheduled, I would understand all this complaining if we were at 7 September, i.e.
  • hipUK
    I'm hoping that it's a proportional response from me - that the effort required to make these updates is pretty small, and is completely in-line with running the game.  You set the schedule, you put it in a quick email/post/slack/whatever, and it's done.

Like I said, I personally find it very helpful at my level, and with all the times over the past couple of months when the PVEs were posted late or whatever, it's needed all the more.  And it's nothing critical, it's just disappointing that they just promised to keep it up and already we're flying blind.
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    I prefer at least an “update has been delayed” to show that the devs are still alive and kicking.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm curious why some players need so much lead time in advance? My lead time is best 30-60 minutes in advance. And back when I was a 3*-4* player, I didn't need so much lead time.
  • hipUK
    I'm curious why some players need so much lead time in advance? My lead time is best 30-60 minutes in advance. And back when I was a 3*-4* player, I didn't need so much lead time.
    Each stage for me has had its own little points of interest.  The game is about progression and management of resources and knowledge - it shifts from one to another, like ISO to LL tokens, etc.

For me, I'm early into champing 5* toons, and I'm always short on ISO (I have 111 toons that need more ISO).  So I spend some mgmt energy on figuring out which toons are going to be leveled up, between needing them for PVE and PVP boosting, and just going into rotation.  Then you have the schedule of all the events happening in the season and such, and it's nice to see which toons are coming down the line, so I know if I should wait for a few days or weeks in order to spend the ISO.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Resource planning is the biggest reason why timely updates matter. It helped me when I had an iso crunch. It also helps you know if you should sharget someone for additional levels to reach a specific reward or take the shard off since you will get covers through progression.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    When I was a 3-4* player and didn’t have a complete roster, it mattered to me who was coming up so I’d know how to manage my flex slot, or if I needed to roster a particular 2* for DDQ, and if it ever happened that I saw somebody upcoming I couldn’t roster in time I could hold off doing the crash till that day so I’d get the full token stack still. Once I had one of everybody it mattered less, and now that I have almost everyone champed it matters almost not at all outside of curiosity. At this point it will determine which 5* I’m chasing shards on with progression rewards, but those are reducing more and more since I only need more than one cover on Widow outside of Latest.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks all for offering your experiences. I personally don't do such detailed level of resource management. Given that schedule could be subjected to changes, wouldn't it be a little risky? 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    When I was a 3-4* player and didn’t have a complete roster, it mattered to me who was coming up so I’d know how to manage my flex slot, or if I needed to roster a particular 2* for DDQ, and if it ever happened that I saw somebody upcoming I couldn’t roster in time I could hold off doing the crash till that day so I’d get the full token stack still. Once I had one of everybody it mattered less, and now that I have almost everyone champed it matters almost not at all outside of curiosity. At this point it will determine which 5* I’m chasing shards on with progression rewards, but those are reducing more and more since I only need more than one cover on Widow outside of Latest.
    This. Exactly this. Once I hit the 100% level for my 3/4 roster, the upcoming list became more of an interest than an absolute need. In the meantime, I've been using UNC_Samurai's Crash of the Titans schedule to determine who to sharget and champ so that I can get that LL every five days. The more you know!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Thanks all for offering your experiences. I personally don't do such detailed level of resource management. Given that schedule could be subjected to changes, wouldn't it be a little risky? 
    Sure, and if you miss out you miss out; it’s not the end of the world. But it’s a great feeling if you are able to make it work. 

The core mechanic of this game is roster management though, so if you’re battling RNGeezus, it’s true final boss, you have to use the tools you have to reduce the places that randomness exists.
  • CoxLargo
    CoxLargo Posts: 54 Match Maker
    so, any update?
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    on my sheets, PVE's 5-star essentials should look like
    9/5/22 - Mighty Thor
    9/8/22 - Adam Warlock
    9/12/22 - Doom (GE)
  • Pottsie1980
    Pottsie1980 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Hoping Adam warlock is right. Will give me the final 250 shards I need once I get mantis to level 360. He is really useful when boosted
  • kimo_star
    kimo_star Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    axmoss said:
    9/5/22 - Mighty Thor
    9/8/22 - Adam Warlock
    9/12/22 - Doom (GE)
    According to your sheet, is Kiilmonger gonna be featured  soon? and thanks

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    kimo_star said:
    axmoss said:
    9/5/22 - Mighty Thor
    9/8/22 - Adam Warlock
    9/12/22 - Doom (GE)

I don't see that Killmonger should be the 5E again for about 16-18 months.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    axmoss said:
    9/5/22 - Mighty Thor
    9/8/22 - Adam Warlock
    9/12/22 - Doom (GE)
    GEDoom seems out of rotation there. I think it's Adam Warlock then Carbage.
    Doom still has a few months to go.
  • kimo_star
    kimo_star Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    kimo_star said:
    axmoss said:
    9/5/22 - Mighty Thor
    9/8/22 - Adam Warlock
    9/12/22 - Doom (GE)

I don't see that Killmonger should be the 5E again for about 16-18 months.
    Oh wow lol thanks, i think i will shard him then