MPQ What's New August (Updated 8/23/22)

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gymp28 said:
    Urgh, ‘winning’ puck covers or shards feels like an actual penalty :(
    But you can get Colossus covers & shards from champ levels.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gymp28 said:
    You know he feeds Colossus, right?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Not excited about the dual running of TaT and the Boss battle.  Always look forward to the change of pace and slight break the boss battle brings.  Don't think there's any need to double stack events.  With Chasm shards and covers hard to skip either.

To be fair, as a veteran who is post-ISO etc, I'd even be an advocate for a weekly 48H sub just to break up the daily grind somewhat regularly.  There was a time I disliked the break in resources, but now actively look forward to those rare 48H sub days.  
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,229 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gymp28 said:
    He feeds p5 colossus.  Gimme all the puck covers and shards.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Hopefully, this is just because of the bonus character and keeping a regular schedule of covers and shards and not a new trend.
  • Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle said:
    Gymp28 said:
    I did not! Thanks for the info.
    He still sucks, but now I won’t feel bad for champing him
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gymp28 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Gymp28 said:
    I did not! Thanks for the info.
    He still sucks, but now I won’t feel bad for champing him
    Oh yes, he totally sucks, but he serves a purpose :)
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    So we're running Thick as Thieves and Gorr boss event simultaneously?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    They really need to give the gauntlet a revamp and then run it alongside the boss event every month. That way you would get one alliance event and one event that's purely personal progression so you could decide if you want to do it or not.
  • bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    MackDan1 said:
    So we're running Thick as Thieves and Gorr boss event simultaneously?

Yes.

This will be my first time experiencing two concurrent events. It's gonna be a time hog. Guess I won't be doing much else this weekend. 
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    4-Star Clue: Transpaleo

Something palaeontology related? The best I can come up with with a quick internet search is Reptil - not that I've ever heard of him. Maybe Sauron could also fit?

• BradSchnad
    BradSchnad Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    When is Chasm in LL?
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Submitting my feedback that I'm not a fan of the dual events - PVE + Boss.  The Puzzle events make a nice combo since they can be played at any point, but PVE requires a schedule (for placement).

@BradSchnad - assuming they keep the same schedule - tomorrow.  Tokens rotate when season rotates.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    "Transpaleo..."

Zemo uses his reaquired moonstones, which he totally acquired in a legal and moral manner, to traverse time and space.  Traveling to a place where he must transform himself and get in touch with his primal side, he embraces a Paleo diet which energizes his already robust physical prowess. 

He then returns, fully prepared to lead humanity into the prosperous future mankind could never achieve without his enlightened guidance. 

No, it's not Zemo. It's never Zemo, but it's fun to find ways that it could be Zemo. 

... Is Kazar still a thing?
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    Seeing as no one else has said it
    It's Omega Red......I mean it isn't but someone has to suggest him each time
  • amigopdude22
    amigopdude22 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Gymp28 said:
    You say this when Black Knight exists as rewards

• Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Its not worth doing any pve event ifs handing out bad rewards like Puck, Talos and Black Knight or any other bad 4 character. better off focusing on the boss event instead.
  • amigopdude22
    amigopdude22 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Its not worth doing any pve event ifs handing out bad rewards like Puck, Talos and Black Knight or any other bad 4 character. better off focusing on the boss event instead.
    At least Puck feeds 5* Colossus. That alone makes it worth it. Hard agree on the others though
  • PutchUK
    PutchUK Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    The in game screen is showing Hulkling as the placement reward for Thick as Thieves rather than Puck. 
  • IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    PutchUK said:
    The in game screen is showing Hulkling as the placement reward for Thick as Thieves rather than Puck. 
    Nooo!  I’m three Puck covers away from champing Colossus! I was looking forward to Puck being featured! (Words that will never be repeated.)