MPQ What's New August (Updated 8/23/22)

Comments

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    iHulk pvp with Wanda and all D listers boosted. That event’s got some interesting potential. Maybe she negates him to the point where it’s nbd, or maybe it’s the most miserable event they’ve run since idk, when Quicksilver first showed up
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Wanda's going to hit 5 charges per turn, which is about 25k damage per turn. This means healthpack time.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hulk/electro/Elektra is a fun anti-hulk team; probably won’t be as fun if none of them are boosted and hulk is though.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 189 Tile Toppler
    New character guess- Doc Samson. He's a psychiatrist and sees a lot of heroes, plus he's one of the biggest characters in the Hulk stable.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Did Ant Man show up early in DDQ? My vault still says M Hill 
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 906 Critical Contributor
    It's all screwed up, but I got a bonus LL out of it.  I posted all the issues with the Deadpool Daily in the Bugs & Tech section.  
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    It's all screwed up, but I got a bonus LL out of it.  I posted all the issues with the Deadpool Daily in the Bugs & Tech section.  
    Likewise , a goodbye gift to me I guess on my final weekend . Thanks 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVP when Wanda is boosted is a miserable experience and it's the only thing that makes me put PVP down until she isn't boosted.

Couple that with immortal health pack eater

Hate it.
    It's awful.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    PVP when Wanda is boosted is a miserable experience and it's the only thing that makes me put PVP down until she isn't boosted.

Couple that with immortal health pack eater

Hate it.
    It's awful.
    Horrible event. Worst in years. It’s a bummer that new Spidey blue passive wasn’t on a 5. Would have been the perfect Wanda counter.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    How much notice can we expect ahead of the next boss event as to the Heroic characters we'll be able to use?
  • McRich
    McRich Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    How much notice can we expect ahead of the next boss event as to the Heroic characters we'll be able to use?
    Where do you see the Heroic boss event?  The schedule shows PvE Boss - Gorr.
  • Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    McRich said:
    Where do you see the Heroic boss event?  The schedule shows PvE Boss - Gorr.
    An earlier version of the events schedule calendar showed "PVE Boss - Gorr - Heroic"

The current version removed the Heroic reference, so let's see what sticks ;)
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    @IceIX

For 8/25-8/29
    is it Gorr ( from this posting) 
    or
    Thick as Theieves (from the immortal sheHulk release posting)

or both!

Release Events

Story

Thick as Thieves - 8/25 - 8/29

She-Hulk (Immortal) in Placement Rewards

Strange Sights - 8/29 - 9/1

She-Hulk (Immortal) in Progression rewards

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    He posted on discord that he believes they’ll run simultaneously. Which might be the first time that we’ve had a normal PvE and Boss event at the same time? 
  • Pottsie1980
    Pottsie1980 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Thick as thieves is not showing in the monthly schedule on page 1. Not sure if it was removed recently
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    Thick as thieves is not showing in the monthly schedule on page 1. Not sure if it was removed recently
    It’s never been in this thread. It only recently was mentioned in the iSHulk release thread, which is what caused the question. 
  • KK60
    KK60 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    So for 8/25 - 9/1, it's actually only 3 characters are buffed. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    KK60 said:
    So for 8/25 - 9/1, it's actually only 3 characters are buffed. 
    8/25 - 9/1*NEW*
    • 5-Star: Hulk (Bruce Banner), Hulk (Immortal), Mister Sinister, Silver Surfer
    • 4-Star: Hulk (Awesome), Iron Man (Hulkbuster), Mantis, Red Hulk, Wasp
    • 3-Star: Colossus, Daredevil, Gambit, Hulk, She-Hulk
    • 2-Star: Moonstone, Thor
    • 1-Star: Iron Man, Juggernaut
  • Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    It’s never been in this thread. It only recently was mentioned in the iSHulk release thread, which is what caused the question. 
    The front page now includes both events & confirms that they will run concurrently, which is the first time I can recall this happening.

8/25 - 8/28 Gorr Boss Battle *NEW*
    • Solo Placement Rewards: Chasm, Gorr Shards, Rocket and Groot (Vol 2), Thor (Modern)
    • Alliance Placement Rewards: Chasm, Valkyrie, Thor (Modern)
    8/25 - 8/29 Thick As Thieves *NEW*
    • Featuring: Captain America (Infinity War), M.O.D.O.K., Deadpool (It's Me!), Ares
    • Placement Rewards: She-Hulk (Immortal) Shards, Puck, Doctor Doom (Classic), Moonstone
  • Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Urgh, ‘winning’ puck covers or shards feels like an actual penalty :(