Question? Ask.

Comments

• kevind722 wrote:
    Regarding animations:

I generally don't have a problem with them, however; could we do away with the boost animations at the beginning of matches. They are time consuming when making a push and especially in LR. I know what boosts I used, the reminder seems redundant

These and daken 100%. Daken PVP is so annoying when you have to see the same animation 2 or more times a turn.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    So I have a few random questions.

First off any plans to make a single cover give away the norm in future events? That single cover tends to force people to spend HP on slots (some people likely spend money on this) and it really makes people happy. At the same time it makes it so it doesn't hurt as much if you fail to place in the top 100 as you can actually use a single cover hero in the next event where all of the highest points are tied to that character. That one cover isn't going to make someone have a usable character, but it will give the top 100 places a little bit more of an edge by having a character that can be levels a little bit, and make it so it doesn't feel hopeless to try in the next event because you don't have that cover. I mean yes some of us will spend money trying to get that cover we miss... more people will just complain and say screw it and cut down their playing time in general though (a lot of events feel hopeless if you don't have the character).... and those that would spend money trying to get that cover will likely spend money to get more covers to make the character decent anyways. I mean basically it would be nice to have that token single 3 star cover from participating in 7+ day long events, and with so many 3 star characters out there and such low chances of matching characters it's not like it's going to overpower rosters.

Second, is there any way you can make the oldest member of an alliance (or the founder) the supreme commander? with the original way you set up alliances the only way to not have one person have the burden of spending all of that hp was to invite people to the alliance, have them become commanders, and then have them spend their HP. The end result weeks later is we are seeing a lot of alliances with people who have stopped playing as seriously, are under-performing, who are unwilling to leave because they are still getting decent rewards(and can't be kicked because they are commanders) because the rest of the people who are playing seriously are carrying them. It would be nice to have a way to force them out against their will if they are barely playing any more... perhaps if not a supreme commander, some sort of an alliance vote to kick a member, where there is a 48 hour window where a notification pops up to the alliance members when they start the game asking if they want to kick a certain member and if the majority say yes that member is gone.

Finally is there any plans to expand the rewards in the unbracketed stuff such as alliance rewards or lightning rounds. Due to increased competition in both with more players and more solid alliances it's getting harder and harder to get decent rewards... I mean heck I don't even bother with lightning rounds anymore because the odds of you getting a meaningful prize unless you have a maxed out 3 star team and a lot of luck is very low. As for the alliance stuff, it would be nice to see you expand the rewards a little bit. My alliance has fallen from the top 100 to top 110 or so and the difference is huge (so much that it is starting to cause huge fights among our players) keeping the rewards to only the top 100 but every week more and more alliances improve and get more slots really make it an elitist club. I mean in the first few months you just had to be a solid alliance and you would get a top 100, now you basically have to have a team of top 50 finishers to have a chance... and if it continues this way then unless you join an alliance and play seriously all the time you won't have a chance, and that will just cause a lot of burn out (a lot of the top alliances have lost players to that)

just curious if you have any thoughts on these.

edit: oh I remembered one more thing... any chance you can make it so you don't auto change characters when a passive triggers, it's rather annoying using the wrong move just because after I used one move black widow triggered her passive so she became the main character instead of the one I was using.
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Mrazy wrote:
    About roster slots:

Are you guys gonna move forward no matter what regarding the bulk purchases of roster slots?

Are single roster slot purchases out of the question permanently?

I set up a second account on my iPad and could only choose the 3 slot buy after about 5 open slots, but I opened up slot 33 on my main account with just a single slot purchase. I remember seeing something about this and wasn't too happy about it. I hope we can still get the choice.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,311 Site Admin
    Phantron wrote:
    Is there any plan to make PvP require more than the featured character plus your two best characters?
    We've got some ideas to make Versus less static like it is, yes. Themed Tourneys could make a comeback, that would help some.
  • kaganb wrote:
    With a lot of people complaining about getting 3* covers they don't need, would either of these ideas be feasible?

1) Make a wildcard cover that can be any of the respective character covers
    2) A small HP fee (let's say 100 HP or so) to modify the cover to a color you want

A good example for me would be my CMags. He is currently 5/1/1 and I've sold off 3 other Blue covers. The current event has a Blue cover as a reward, so really my goal is to hit top 50 instead of top 10 since a high season score isn't likely for me after the Spidey nerf. If I did get top 10, I get Blue/Red, use Red and change Blue to either the Red or Purple cover I actually need at the expense of HP.
    Oh hell yeah, I'd like number 2. Not one yellow spidey cover yet. Really frustrating.
  • IceIX
    rabscutle wrote:
    Is there any plan to update the balance equation that you guys build from? We got a peak when the Rags changes went in and the subsequent list of characters in need of some kind of balance, but it would be really helpful to see what you guys consider balanced or unbalanced and what drives those decisions.

That might be a little inside baseball, but it would help tremendously. Also if you have already answered this, feel free to link slap me so I can go read it lol.
    We do have some equations and such that we use to keep characters balanced within each tier. Those equations are often fudged a bit though since abilities don't often do things that fall easily into an equation. For example, it's hard to balance exactly how powerful Anti Gravity Device is in raising Cooldown tile counters versus dealing 1000 damage instead. A lot of the balance comes from a baseline from equations then a ton of playtesting to determine what actually feels good as well as fun. To give an idea though, Ragnarok is underpowered (even versus other 115s), Black Panther is about right, Magneto is a bit overpowered.
  • IceIX
    Kaden wrote:
    Is there any update you can give us about the progress of X-Force Wolverine buff?
    Still happening, just behind both Hawkeye (Modern) and Magneto (Classic) changes.
  • A lot of the user base have been demanding a buff to the "hot dog stand" environmental move. I myself have been effected by this by collecting said environmental tiles only to receive 50 health. Please consider upping this to 100 health to help us vets survive these matches. Any updates on this critical patch would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day!
  • IceIX wrote:
    Kaden wrote:
    Is there any update you can give us about the progress of X-Force Wolverine buff?
    Still happening, just behind both Hawkeye (Modern) and Magneto (Classic) changes.

Do you have a time line for either of these characters?
  • IceIX
    scottee wrote:
    When devs read the forums, which does it result in more?
    A) crying
    B) laughing
    C) head shaking
    D) face palming
    A little bit of all four. It's always pretty amusing to me when a dev reads a bit of criticism on the forums and goes "They're darned right!". Since we play the game as well as develop on it, we hit those situations with our own personal grievances all too often. Same thing when players are talking about a cool new feature. It's always neat to see it echoed here. icon_e_smile.gif
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Is there any plan in future team battle? like 2x2 with special tourney icon_rolleyes.gif
  • danikalil
    danikalil Posts: 502
    Ice,

Since you read the forums, you must know many old players are quitting due to burnup. Our alliance, which was #9 in Season 1, lost three players last week because of it. Basically, they had one complaint: the game demands too much time investment - I heard it frequently described as a "second job".

With the Season ongoing, if you want to place high, you can't have a day off. You must play more than one hour per day, every day. This is scaring people away.

Is there any solution incoming? Could we have only some PVPs count towards your Season ranking, or another kind of feature that would slow the game down?

My second question is about the bracketing: no matter how many battles I skip (my MMR is too high and tanking no longer works), I face always the same opponents. Even when I defeat them, they come back for a second round. Is there any chance of improvement on this issue?
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    A lot of the user base have been demanding a buff to the "hot dog stand" environmental move. I myself have been effected by this by collecting said environmental tiles only to receive 50 health. Please consider upping this to 100 health to help us vets survive these matches. Any updates on this critical patch would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day!
    personally I would like to see something like 5% or 10% of each characters health restored that way it's equally beneficial no matter what level/hp your characters are.
  • IceIX
    Thanos wrote:
    Please, for the love of God, any time frame for x-forces buff? I've got this here iso burning a hole in my pocket. If it's not coming anytime soon i'll just start spending it on other characters.

Just curious, why didn't you give 2* Daken the same third ability you gave Lazy Daken?
    It won't be soon. Unless you're talking a couple hundred K that you're planning on dumping all at once, you should be able to build back up without any real issues.

As for Daken, it's quite possible that DA Daken will receive that third ability. May have to make some tweaks though, since the 3* interaction with Healing and Heat and Chemical Reaction both using Blue isn't something currently present on the 2*.
  • 1. Do you all plan for every1 to have 3 abilities eventually?

2. Do you plan to make different environments more balanced?
    (Making city and latveria not suck.)

3. Any intentions to make old characters more viable or shall the power creep continue? I feel like as difficult as it is to get a 3* and level them that they should all be viable, new or old, and all the new 3* being better just makes older 1's much less valuable and that much harder to transition.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Tap through - This is a rough one. It's weirdly related to device specs and reacting differently per device. Faster devices have it worse than slower ones and there doesn't seem to be a specific issue with tap areas being off or something like that causing it. It's definitely become more pronounced as of R53 and it's on our radar. At the moment, just be careful in your taps and let the ability pop up sit for a moment before blazing through it.
    Does letting it sit (open) really help? I've spent at least 20 seconds before tapping it multiple times trying to trigger the ability. The only way to reliably fix it is to close the power popup and open it again.

Which doesn't help when it makes a match through it, of course
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay, I'll throw in a question: is there any possibility of shifting the event end times a bit to make things a bit easier for EU players? With rubberbanding still in existence, as an EU player you pretty much have to wake up at 5 am to keep your ranking in most PvE events. Having the events end two or possibly even one hour later would be a lot more pleasant, and would probably not affect US players that much, right?

Also, will a rooster slot price increase be implemented for those guilty of fowl play? Or are you guys chickening out on that issue again? icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Spoit wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Tap through - This is a rough one. It's weirdly related to device specs and reacting differently per device. Faster devices have it worse than slower ones and there doesn't seem to be a specific issue with tap areas being off or something like that causing it. It's definitely become more pronounced as of R53 and it's on our radar. At the moment, just be careful in your taps and let the ability pop up sit for a moment before blazing through it.
    Does letting it sit (open) really help? I've spent at least 20 seconds before tapping it multiple times trying to trigger the ability. The only way to reliably fix it is to close the power popup and open it again.

Which doesn't help when it makes a match through it, of course

Think he meant let the original power or whatever finish up before you even end up in that tap through situation. Make sure opponent is totally done before rushing into your actions
  • Hey IceIX,

Any chance we could get new 1*/2* characters? Having a glut of 3* characters with hard to get covers would disencourage players more then anything. I suggested in the character suggestion thread that using younger legacy heroes like the new Nova (Sam Alexander) could be a 2* character and Nova(Richard Rider) would be the 3* version, the 2* character could be a way to beta test the abilities before relaseing the 3* version and would explain the similar ability sets. Other suggestions would the new Ms. Marvel, Power Man, and the Young Avengers. This would make tournaments like the 1* characters only tornament more interesting.

Any idea if revising the ability system is possible? I know this would be a lot of work, but would it be possible to have the last upgrade of each ability the option to branch? As in you could level the ability as normal except when maxed, the player would have the option of two branching upgrades that would affect the ability in different ways. An example would be, a choice between decrease cost or increase in damage. The system I'm thinking of would be similar to Mass Effect 2's ability system. It would increase the diversity in play and it would cut down on the cookie cutter builds we have now.

Any idea if putting a proper pause option for matches is possible? I'd like to be able to stop while in the middle of a match, do something else on my phone and come back to the game and not have it be an automatic loss.

Any plans to move the game away from the Dark Reign crossover to other storylines or perhaps a general Marvel universe game and each "event" would be a different story line/crossover?

Any chance we can gift covers or Hero Points to fellow allience members? The person who created the alliance I'm in spent money on slots for all the members. I'd like to pay him back with some HP I've earned.

Thanks for taking the time to do this!

P.S One more question...I don't suppose you're hiring any entry level positions? I'm thinking of changing careers and trying to look for options. I do in fact live in the greater Boston area. Just thought I'd ask. icon_e_biggrin.gif

P.P.S I realize ending a job inquiry with a smiley isn't the most professional thing, but in this casual environment, I hope it wouldn't look too bad
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Kaden wrote:
    Is there any chance that there will be a sneak peak at the cmags changes before the covers from this current tournament expire?