Question? Ask.

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Tell me about it, a teammate accidentally sold his 4* cover. Hint: it wasn't IW/X-Force.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Regalis wrote:
    locked wrote:
    3) Can you change 'Sell all' button to 'Sell all 1* and 2*' by default? So that 3* and 4* covers are sold manually each. Or have a checkmark like 'Don't sell 3* and 4* by default'.

My daughter accidentally sold her freebie Sentry that was buried in a bunch of one stars. She's 9 and obviously doesn't process what the warning popup means. Plus she has her 7 year old brother over her shoulder saying "just press that button."
    I caught myself just in time yesterday, with 2 Sentries sitting in my queue. Probably would have ignored the warning too, since I always do.
    Potentially nasty stuff.

But, as they say, when you make a foolproof system, someone will make a better fool.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Forgot to add this when I posted earlier - Would it be possible for your graphic designers to do this instead so that we can skip one screen and move on the next match ASAP, or shield up ASAP? You can even put the buy shield options on this screen.

SgEbDJi.png
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Regalis wrote:
    locked wrote:
    3) Can you change 'Sell all' button to 'Sell all 1* and 2*' by default? So that 3* and 4* covers are sold manually each. Or have a checkmark like 'Don't sell 3* and 4* by default'.

My daughter accidentally sold her freebie Sentry that was buried in a bunch of one stars. She's 9 and obviously doesn't process what the warning popup means. Plus she has her 7 year old brother over her shoulder saying "just press that button."
    I caught myself just in time yesterday, with 2 Sentries sitting in my queue. Probably would have ignored the warning too, since I always do.
    Potentially nasty stuff.

But, as they say, when you make a foolproof system, someone will make a better fool.

Something like: "Are you sure? You have
      in your queue."
  • trey9
    trey9 Posts: 102
    Options
    Hey Ice, thanks for doing this. I would like to explain where I am in the current state of pvp. I got two 141's recently and see nothing but teams of 141's and the occasional obw. When I play, I cannot do more than two battles at once before going to the prologue to heal (which takes forever with lazy thor and obw) and all the time that takes allows for people to hit me for points. These are usually people just starting, so I get smacked for 40 points way too often. This makes climbing a leaderboard almost impossible, especially with all these crazy shielders that get to high point values and then shield for the rest of the tournament meaning no one can attack them and everyone can attack me because I am worth a lot of points. So what inevitably happens is that I try to make a run, need to heal after every battle (or two), then get smacked for 40 points for all of my time and effort, skip the retaliation, which only gives 5 points, then repeat. I always get stuck in this cycle. It's maddening. And then for putting in way too much time, I still only end up getting one individual cover (in the case of the recent patch offering, I only needed yellow, which was the top 10 award, so got no covers I needed). So I guess what I am saying is, are there any changes on the way to alleviate this? Because, as I am sure you have heard all too much, my experience with pvp has only gotten worse as I have leveled up two characters to 141. A couple of things that might help:

1. Limit range of attacks for people just starting - someone with 400 points shouldn't be able to attack someone with 800. Seems like an easy fix.
    2. Allow shielded players to be attacked more than they are now. Would help the handful of people worth a lot of points that are making a run to not be slaughtered for 200 points at once and destroy all of their work.
    3. Reduce the influence of sharding so that people with high level rosters can actually earn what they have been fighting for. Doesn't seem fair that someone can place top ten with much less effort than someone else because they have a lower level team (or mmr or days played or however this sharding works).
    4. If I get punished with a very high mmr, at least give me a better chance at earning the covers I am trying to get and/or more iso than joe one star that earns exactly the same thing I do in probably half the time.

Just my experience with pvp in general over the past couple of weeks. Keep in mind it used to be my favorite part of this game when LR tanking and time based brackets still existed. Now it is the single most likely thing to make me quit this game. I absolutely hate pvp now. I know some of these have been answered already, but thought giving my perspective on pvp might help to show how big of a problem some of these things are.
  • Unknown
    Options
    why don't you use someone else besides OBW to pvp with? someone who can kill quicker so you don't have to worry about healing up all the time? then use someone with innate sustainability like patch or daken.
  • Unknown
    Options
    As there was no answer for the past 3 hours, dear mods -how bout closing this thread?
    Otherwise it might turn into another rant threat, with "why no response" posts all over the place.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    As there was no answer for the past 3 hours, dear mods -how bout closing this thread?
    Otherwise it might turn into another rant threat, with "why no response" posts all over the place.

That's a rather cynical way to look at things.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:

That's a rather cynical way to look at things.
    no, not at all. That wasn't my intention.

I think it's the most important thread on those forums, I just don't want it to be spoiled.
  • Unknown
    Options
    trey9 wrote:
    Because, as I am sure you have heard all too much, my experience with pvp has only gotten worse as I have leveled up two characters to 141. A couple of things that might help

I don't understand why you think the game design is at fault here. You levelled up Lazy Thor, a slow tank-y character that works well backing up faster characters, but isn't great as the only maxed 3 star on a team. In the current Psylocke PVP I would target you and take you down and get barely scratched with my Level 128 Patches, 118 C.Mags & 99 Psylocke. In fact assuming one of your characters is a maxed OBW you would be my perfect target. If I get Patches Green or CMags Blue off before OBW steals my AP it's an easy win for me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have only 1 Question to you IceIX
    Why Magneto classic matches yellow isntead of purple?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Badlands wrote:
    I don't understand why you think the game design is at fault here. You levelled up Lazy Thor, a slow tank-y character that works well backing up faster characters, but isn't great as the only maxed 3 star on a team. In the current Psylocke PVP I would target you and take you down and get barely scratched with my Level 128 Patches, 118 C.Mags & 99 Psylocke. In fact assuming one of your characters is a maxed OBW you would be my perfect target. If I get Patches Green or CMags Blue off before OBW steals my AP it's an easy win for me.

You imply people have more choice upon which characters to max than they actually do. The covers we get are random, and if you don't get all three covers of a character you just won't be able to level it up with HP, period.
    That's why most players level up the character they have most covers of, not the ideally better character. Also, you're basically playing the best offensive pair in the game right now (patch&mags) no sense comparing that with teams that haven't made the transition to 3* yet.
  • Unknown
    Options
    A question for IceIX:

I noticed that as soon as I leveled up my Punished to level 100 I started being paired against lvl 100+ teams in PVP, although I never used Punisher in PVP (as far as I remember).
    Is this normal? Or is the game punishing me for leveling up my heroes? icon_e_sad.gif

I already started a discussion here, trying to find out whether other users had the same experience: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8730 - you can also reply there if it's easier for you.
    Many thanks!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is there any plan to rebalance OBW? It seems like basically every team is OBW+Tank, usually OBW+Thor/Ares, largely because her utility is just too damn high.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think IceIX is no longer around. No need to post further questions.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hi IceIX, any talk about making pve events a dlc that people can buy and play at their own pace? The reward can be the character covers at the end but the user can take as little or as ling as he wants to complete the pve. It would be fine if it was a couple pves behind if it were consistent in its rollout so as to be less p2w.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Probably should lock the thread, so no one else gets mad when IceIX is unable to respond.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I skipped pages 6 to end for a comment on cover slots. The change doesn't affect me but if your concerned about bad buying habits why not just eliminate the bottom 2$ purchase. The intent was to make people spend more money but with the slot change your hurting the pure free player who will never spend money.

Seems removing the bottom money option and reinstating the single cover purchases would make everyone happy.
  • Unknown
    Options
    In the hope that IceIX revisits the thread...

In the examination of prologue healing to limit it, how about examining the reason for it as well? For PVP, as you acknowledged, there is too much cost to putting a b-team up for a fight, because you end up much more vulnerable to attack. So while using an alternative team is fine in PVE, PVP you need to keep using a top-flight combination, or as near to one as you can manage.
  • Unknown
    Options
    With spider man no longer really worth levelling, I would leave both OBW and prologue healing alone. There really is no other way to play for a sustained period of time unless you have specific maxed top flight 3* teams like cmags/patch. Especially since you get smacked with scaling if you heal in pve matches.