Most forgotten 5*

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Havok
    Havok:
    "I'm funny?  Funny how? Funny like I'm a clown?  I amuse you? I make you laugh?  Tell me how am I funny?"  

Lol. It's a mistake I use to write. It's funny how a simple "y" changes everything (this time I wrote it right).
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,656 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Havok
    Definitely Havok, I'd forgotten he was in this game! The 2 Caps, IM and DD were amongst my first champed 5* so they're at the top of my roster and see a lot of use with Thano5 in easy PVE and LR.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,866 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Write in candidate (other)
    I don't know why but I sort of have a soft spot for Havok. I mean yes all he does is shoot blasts which isn't very interesting but I often find myself using him in DDQ for some reason. Maybe it is the hoopy hat or the fact that he was always the Summers brother who got ignored - It's always about Scott ISN'T IT?!??!?! Look, just because there was that time(s) Alex got brainwashed and tried to kill The X-men it wasn't his fault, honest! So much hate. And don't even start on that time when he rejoined the team back in the 80's and the first thing they tried to do was kill HIM! I suppose they thought that was fair turnaround, eh? SMH.

Ahem.

Anyway - In fact I like to use a lot of my undercovered 5's in DDQ so that informs me a little bit on who I always ignore and it comes down to (not counting my one cover Heindall who is entirely useless) Magneto (pointless), Loki (could have been so good but is frustrating), Sinister (dull) and Hela (no idea what she does - something to do with a wolf?). I think Hela might be not bad and I know some people love Sinister and his traps but they don't make the bench for me. I would rather get Banner to transform to Hulk and then hit like a 2*! Much fun!
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Yelena could use a better active damage power, then she might be nearer to Deadpool in my mind. She was almost good.

If her green were a legit aoe, or if her purple had an alternate function that could he useful against goons, she would be a lot better. 

And if her ap threshold were lowered to 7-8, so she really locked out high cost powers she would be fantastic.  If it were 6ap or lower she would be crazy op.

As is she is useful only against very select teams. And it hurts that her playstyle  is slow and grindy. That is a problem in mpq for extrinsic reasons.
    Even if it was lowered to 8 it would be useless in today’s game . The vast majority of the player base has gotten so lazy all they look for in a character is A) How many passives , and B. )How many powers 6 or less.  ( Also does it work as a third for BRolaris). The devs seem to forget the object of the game is a Match 3, not a fire as many powers as possible. I doubt it happens but I would love the new dev team to go back to slowing the game down with power costs of 10-12 like it used to be. Yelena would be meta . Then all the tinykittys who play simply for speed would go nova here . ( I’m sure they’ll flame me here too)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Havok
    DAZ0273 said:
    I don't know why but I sort of have a soft spot for Havok. I mean yes all he does is shoot blasts which isn't very interesting but I often find myself using him in DDQ for some reason. Maybe it is the hoopy hat or the fact that he was always the Summers brother who got ignored - It's always about Scott ISN'T IT?!??!?! Look, just because there was that time(s) Alex got brainwashed and tried to kill The X-men it wasn't his fault, honest! So much hate. And don't even start on that time when he rejoined the team back in the 80's and the first thing they tried to do was kill HIM! I suppose they thought that was fair turnaround, eh? SMH.

Ahem.

Anyway - In fact I like to use a lot of my undercovered 5's in DDQ so that informs me a little bit on who I always ignore and it comes down to (not counting my one cover Heindall who is entirely useless) Magneto (pointless), Loki (could have been so good but is frustrating), Sinister (dull) and Hela (no idea what she does - something to do with a wolf?). I think Hela might be not bad and I know some people love Sinister and his traps but they don't make the bench for me. I would rather get Banner to transform to Hulk and then hit like a 2*! Much fun!
    I was so hype that we finally got Polaris and Havok, and then they turned out to have zero synergy and Havok was kind of a big nothing. I LOVE that they put him in his real clothes though. I always like when the 5* tier gets comics accurate characters like Doc Ock.
  • Wyntre
    Wyntre Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Havok
    The other thing about Havok--largely forgotten by now--is that when he was released, he had a very short time in Latest before being replaced.  I don't remember exactly why that was, but at the time, I was playing HARD and just champing every 5* that hit LL.  He broke my streak because he was in and out so quickly!

I would bet hero coins that if we looked a list of who had and had not been champed, there would be far fewer who had champion Havoks just because of the timing issues at the outset.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2022
    Options
    658_2 said:
    If we're talking "forgotten", then Yelena Belova gets my vote.
    • I never see her in PvP (I see baby champs, boosted partial 5s, and boosted 4s mostly)
    • The Black Widow PvE always reminds me that I've forgotten her
    • Since she is not too bad or in need of a rework, no posters are clamoring for a redo
    • She has a feeder
    • No one is posting novel group synergies that include her
    • She isn't remembered for relevant forums polls
    If Shang Chi wasn’t a cupcake defensively, she’d get some use. Her red completely disrupts him. But, she’s a good choice here, as are Havok and Magneto. I’m going Loki though. Even with the purple nuke he’s a nothing. That period where the devs left characters incomplete without their support was obnoxious.
    Agreed in general.
    I always get sad when I look at Loki's green. His purple's fun and the black's at least nice to save health packs when you start climbing. But the green is so so SO bad, it's ridiculous.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Havok
    Wyntre said:
    The other thing about Havok--largely forgotten by now--is that when he was released, he had a very short time in Latest before being replaced.  I don't remember exactly why that was, but at the time, I was playing HARD and just champing every 5* that hit LL.  He broke my streak because he was in and out so quickly!

I would bet hero coins that if we looked a list of who had and had not been champed, there would be far fewer who had champion Havoks just because of the timing issues at the outset.
    Yeah I had to grind three covers worth of direct shards to finish mine after the fact.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Of the characters listed:

Havok - his blue is really good and really strong. He’s a very underrated fueler of Red. If your main damage dealer’s color is red (Apoc, Gamora, HalfThor, Crystal, Okoye) you put Havok on your team and I promise you’ll be setting off their red powers more frequently. He’s a very underrated 3rd with ThorPocalypse. 

Daredevil - this a great character. He’s just not OP. If his purple was at 6/7 AP or did more damage per stunned hit, he would be meta. 

Rescue - has an underrated blue that takes some setting up to get off. Still, she’s tough to use. Her red is really weak despite hitting 2x. 

The Caps - they’ve been tweaked and still are borderline unusable. I can barely find teams that will bring their good side out. 

Cable - sigh. He’s so slow. I can use him with 5* Mags/5*Kitty that utilizes his yellow passive. But other than that…. He’s so slow. 

Gamora - I think she’s a good character. Her powers hit hard, and are useful. Her black looks like it was intended to be something else sadly. And she kinda needs to be protected and accelerated. For a character with her toolkit, I really thought I’d see more of her. 

Ironman 46 - his yellow is so gawdawful. His red is so weak. And his blue is slow and because so many characters strongest color is red, it becomes neutered severely (this guy needs to be reworked bad)

but my choice for forgotten characters is……

Adam Warlock

the guy has
    - true healing
    - among the hardest match damage dealers in the game (probably top 3. Top 5 at least)
    - has a really strong AOE that’s a passive
    - a lot of health

i think the problem with him is he’s really unusable vs Scarlett Steel, which is the best defensive meta in the game. 

But he’s a solid character. 

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Of the characters listed:

Havok - his blue is really good and really strong. He’s a very underrated fueler of Red. If your main damage dealer’s color is red (Apoc, Gamora, HalfThor, Crystal, Okoye) you put Havok on your team and I promise you’ll be setting off their red powers more frequently. He’s a very underrated 3rd with ThorPocalypse. 

Daredevil - this a great character. He’s just not OP. If his purple was at 6/7 AP or did more damage per stunned hit, he would be meta. 

Rescue - has an underrated blue that takes some setting up to get off. Still, she’s tough to use. Her red is really weak despite hitting 2x. 

The Caps - they’ve been tweaked and still are borderline unusable. I can barely find teams that will bring their good side out. 

Cable - sigh. He’s so slow. I can use him with 5* Mags/5*Kitty that utilizes his yellow passive. But other than that…. He’s so slow. 

Gamora - I think she’s a good character. Her powers hit hard, and are useful. Her black looks like it was intended to be something else sadly. And she kinda needs to be protected and accelerated. For a character with her toolkit, I really thought I’d see more of her. 

Ironman 46 - his yellow is so gawdawful. His red is so weak. And his blue is slow and because so many characters strongest color is red, it becomes neutered severely (this guy needs to be reworked bad)

but my choice for forgotten characters is……

Adam Warlock

the guy has
    - true healing
    - among the hardest match damage dealers in the game (probably top 3. Top 5 at least)
    - has a really strong AOE that’s a passive
    - a lot of health

i think the problem with him is he’s really unusable vs Scarlett Steel, which is the best defensive meta in the game. 

But he’s a solid character. 

Isn't warlock a 1b meta character for fast pve clears?  That would seem to preclude him being forgotten in any meaningful way.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Havok
    I don’t know, I forgot him pretty completely. All mine does is show up and die, he’s worse than iHulk for that. 
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 467 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Havok
    The "fastest" clear team is still Okoye, iHulk, AWarlock afaik. Outside of that very specialized crowd, I don't see Adam at all in PVP and he's not been in any release or special stores either. He was very much a limited offering.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The "fastest" clear team is still Okoye, iHulk, AWarlock afaik. Outside of that very specialized crowd, I don't see Adam at all in PVP and he's not been in any release or special stores either. He was very much a limited offering.
    I don't see Adam in pvp normally,  but during his boost week Adam warlock teams are the meta, usually paired with carnage who always seems to be boosted in the same week.   Adams high match damage being boosted and getting extra turns from carnage is a strong team those weeks.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,866 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like Adam and he wrecks in most boss events. His purple is duel purpose but can be hit and miss but he is mostly solid.
  • LucasRaven
    LucasRaven Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Havok
    Has to be Havok. He needs a passive, badly. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Havok
    I tried using hulk/warlock/Okoye on this most recent sub, and I guess it was fast, but warlock tanks over Okoye on everything hulk wasn’t tanking, even team up and using a 5* RTF, so I guess I don’t really know if it was faster for me than using Ghostpool as a third like I usually do. There were a lot of goons in this one too. Maybe I’m doing it wrong, or you just need a monster Okoye instead of a 45X
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Havok
    I tried using hulk/warlock/Okoye on this most recent sub, and I guess it was fast, but warlock tanks over Okoye on everything hulk wasn’t tanking, even team up and using a 5* RTF, so I guess I don’t really know if it was faster for me than using Ghostpool as a third like I usually do. There were a lot of goons in this one too. Maybe I’m doing it wrong, or you just need a monster Okoye instead of a 45X
    What are the circumstances for using that team? I know it's PVE, but is it for clearing out the easy nodes?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Havok
    No you just power through all the pick 3 nodes with this team I guess; the absolute fastest easy mode team even in SCL10 is still rocket/juggernaut/gaurdian because you can 4x clear those nodes in a single swipe. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That team has double AoE. AoE + Okoye passive = massive damage.

450 Warlock will tank yellow/purple/blue over 550 Okoye, and she tanks red/black/tu. She has 3/7 chance of making matches.

450 Warlock will tank yellow/black/purple/blue/tu over 450 Okoye. So, Okoye has only 1/7 chance of making matches.

That's the difference in level.

You use 3* Thano for clearing easy nodes (13-15 seconds).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Havok
    A 452 Warlock will tank yellow, black, and team up over a 458 Okoye with 5* Royal Talon Fighter equipped as long as his health is above the match damage pump threshold if you run him at 5/5/3. IHulk will tank green and red assuming he hasn’t died a time or three, after which he tanks pretty much the whole board. 3* Thanos is fast except Court Death has an animation you have to sit through. And Juggernaut doesn’t. So it’ll be faster - you just need to make sure you que up the opponent with the highest health if you don’t have max champs.