Most forgotten 5*

Options
acescracked
acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
We've got meta & really bad 5* characters. At least the really bad characters get some mentions about how bad they are and fixing them.

However, pick the most irrelevant & forgotten 5*. These guys just so average when is the last time they even crossed your mind?

Most forgotten 5* 81 votes

Havok
44%
KolenceironsmudgiePunter1wymtimeacescrackedxidragonxirainkingucdMoosePrimesambrookjmJackDeath666AwebermanenergomashKGBAlfje17thechairmanpezseBubba3210PtahhotepcaptainheathThaRoadWarrior 36 votes
Rescue
20%
killercoolMarc_SpectorHoutroUNC_SamuraiChipster22Tony_Footprimetime21KC_HammerikulChristinesmess13SuperCarrotDavidk777EddieCLEienRyuuPossessedWaspStanleyBurrellDok12 17 votes
Captain America - First Avenger
3%
grewhoriodjperry1973kk3thess 3 votes
Captain America - Infinity War
3%
HeartbreaksoupSithforeverMikemuscles 3 votes
Daredevil
2%
HobbitLoreFirst311 2 votes
Cable
4%
liminal_ladDyingLegendPalookavilleWeirdnerd2009 4 votes
Gamora
1%
Qwertious31 1 vote
Iron Man - Mark XLVI
9%
atomzedDeNappaRod5dramatistBzhaijp1mani82leviticuschom 8 votes
Write in candidate (other)
8%
xKOBALTxThe Viceroy ReturnsTiger_WongDAZ0273Godzillafan67TheEyeDoctorsWifeLuminousquilt 7 votes

Comments

• Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 430 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Havok
    I like FACap quite a bit with Kitty and Valkyrie.  Cable would be pretty good if his blue were, like, 6ap.

IWCap, alas, is my highest-level character, so he's never far from my mind.  But I also never use him.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,756 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rescue
    Of all those the only one I never ever see run is rescue.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Havok easily wins the race if we are talking about pvps and pves. For the rest of your poll, at least I see them being used by other players or other players posted their experience using them effectively in either forums. There isn't anything wrong with his abilities: damage/ap is fine and easy to use. His abilities are so bland that he's the oldest 5* without a feeder. 

It's time to cry havoc!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Havok
    Trying to decide between Havok, Rescue, and Cable for most forgotten. Probably Havok - he has been a big old nothing since launch.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From that list?  Cable.

DD probably should not be on this list (at least for older players). He has never been meta, but was definitely a very strong 5-* when released and was a top-of-the-second tier characrer for a long time.

FACap was a laughing stock on release, but is pretty meh now. The fact that he has been reworked suggests he isn't right for this list though.

IWCap was never strong,  it his red at least gave him a little life for boss events back in the day.

Havok as always been a strong damage stick held back only by being a 3x active character in a game where passives dominate. He is similar to Cole, but more recent.

Rescue loses just because we all got so many pandemic shards that she was frequently top of mind.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There are 60 of them I haven’t seen in a year . (50 a year ago). It’s currently a 60 way tie for worst based on who the player base uses in PvP 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,866 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magneto - I mean I literally never see that guy anywhere.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Havok
    Havok, still lacking a feeder. He’s been forgotten by players and devs alike.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Even though he's aerial somewhere, at least he gets mentioned for being bad and disappointing.

The only time Havok gets mentioned is when feeders get brought up. Nobody talk about how good or how bad his ability is. He simply exists in some static MPQ microverse.

Nobody talks about his charged tiles creation, his red power, his green AOE, his destruction of enemy SAP tiles or his blue power that does 2red<->2green ap conversion. Damage/ap wise, his damage is actually pretty high.

This is what I'm afraid MPQ will turn into: characters' abilities become bland, despite having high/good damage/ap, and high match damage (at that point of time).
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 546 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If we're talking "forgotten", then Yelena Belova gets my vote.
    • I never see her in PvP (I see baby champs, boosted partial 5s, and boosted 4s mostly)
    • The Black Widow PvE always reminds me that I've forgotten her
    • Since she is not too bad or in need of a rework, no posters are clamoring for a redo
    • She has a feeder
    • No one is posting novel group synergies that include her
    • She isn't remembered for relevant forums polls
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Havok
    Yelena could use a better active damage power, then she might be nearer to Deadpool in my mind. She was almost good.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I think if we were to lower her threshold from 9ap to 6 ap, she might get more use. I think players remember her only for her passive ap reduction and since 9ap is considered expensive in 2021/2022, lowering it to 6 will definitely bring a lot of attention.

Team her with Ultron and Kitty and her passive will hit really hard with these two as supports.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Havok
    It will eventually hit hard, but that’s a soft team until it gets enough strikes in play. 

What about spider man: Peter Parker? I nearly never see him get used or talked about.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2022
    Options
    When the aps you are trying to chase keep getting reduced by 4, it will have your attention, which will result in frustration. I thought Gambit's ap reduction pre-nerf was pretty much hated. So, I theorise that the same feeling will be generated by Yelena if her threshold gets reduced to 6. I think she will be a good psychology deterrence: cause enough frustration to make players retreat matches.

SMPP is actually really good. In PvEs with one of the web Supports, you can easily team-stun for 2 turns and creates 3 critical tiles with 7 red aps. His weakness is that all his synergies are with 4* characters. However, with Support, I think he doesn't need 4* to generate 5 web tiles for him. Support could do it. Since he's a classic, he gets the same old match damage/health issue. Otherwise, he's good with SC and his crit mutiplier is the second highest in the game (4.2x).
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Havok
    Havok seems funny to play. It has an original channeling AP toolkit.
    But it represents the ultra slow game that the former devs loved. Havok needs to swim on AP and to collect some of his charged tiles for that goal is too conditional. 
    His green is wildly expensive for a niche power.
    There are other characters, obviously. This was kingping's week, my first 5*, and I used him on a couple of pvp battles and some sub pve nodes just for the sake of the old times, then I send him to the closet again (a big closet).
    Magneto is another character I have at level 460 and after protect tiles play wasn't interesting anymore I never use him even on his week. 
    There is black widow too, with powers too expensive and minimally damaging. 
    There is Heimdall, sinister, cap marvel...
    But I understand havok is subsconscienly favored on this poll because is a character everyone would love to see in a better shape.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Havok
    Kingpin was good in Valkyrie's PVP, since you were getting free specials you could give away on his blue, which does respectable damage on boost weeks. His green and black are not worth using though.

Changing Yelena's passive to 6 would be better but not that important. There are too many heavy hitter passive characters in the game at this point for AP punishment to be relevant in PVP. She doesn't have enough health to matter in SCL10 PVE either really.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If we're talking "forgotten", then Yelena Belova gets my vote.
    • I never see her in PvP (I see baby champs, boosted partial 5s, and boosted 4s mostly)
    • The Black Widow PvE always reminds me that I've forgotten her
    • Since she is not too bad or in need of a rework, no posters are clamoring for a redo
    • She has a feeder
    • No one is posting novel group synergies that include her
    • She isn't remembered for relevant forums polls
    If Shang Chi wasn’t a cupcake defensively, she’d get some use. Her red completely disrupts him. But, she’s a good choice here, as are Havok and Magneto. I’m going Loki though. Even with the purple nuke he’s a nothing. That period where the devs left characters incomplete without their support was obnoxious.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Yelena could use a better active damage power, then she might be nearer to Deadpool in my mind. She was almost good.

If her green were a legit aoe, or if her purple had an alternate function that could he useful against goons, she would be a lot better. 

And if her ap threshold were lowered to 7-8, so she really locked out high cost powers she would be fantastic.  If it were 6ap or lower she would be crazy op.

As is she is useful only against very select teams. And it hurts that her playstyle  is slow and grindy. That is a problem in mpq for extrinsic reasons.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,343 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Feels like it's been a while when Havok was boosted but he isn't too bad when that happens as a third choice.  Especially with SC/GladThor.  His Blue and Red can hit surprisingly hard.  I think Gargs blue is still a bit better but it's nice to have a hard hitting blue when someone is boosted.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    Havok seems funny to play. It has an original channeling AP toolkit.
    But it represents the ultra slow game that the former devs loved. Havok needs to swim on AP and to collect some of his charged tiles for that goal is too conditional. 
    His green is wildly expensive for a niche power.
    There are other characters, obviously. This was kingping's week, my first 5*, and I used him on a couple of pvp battles and some sub pve nodes just for the sake of the old times, then I send him to the closet again (a big closet).
    Magneto is another character I have at level 460 and after protect tiles play wasn't interesting anymore I never use him even on his week. 
    There is black widow too, with powers too expensive and minimally damaging. 
    There is Heimdall, sinister, cap marvel...
    But I understand havok is subsconscienly favored on this poll because is a character everyone would love to see in a better shape.
    Havok:
    "I'm funny?  Funny how? Funny like I'm a clown?  I amuse you? I make you laugh?  Tell me how am I funny?"