MPQ What's New June (Updated 6/22/22)

Comments

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    5* Broken up Clue.

My guess would be Jane Foster Thor. her Mjolnir seems to be "held together" after being all broken up.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    bladewing said:
    Does anyone know if I will be able to achieve full progression in the Peer into Madness Boss event if I am missing Samurai Daken and Yelena Belova?

I'm still fairly new to MPQ, and haven't done many Boss events. I was lucky to have all the required characters in the previous Boss event, but not this time around. So is there a way to get full individual progression rewards without the required 5-star heroes?

Boss event featured characters often work a bit different-- Samurai Daken and Yelena will almost certainly not both be required characters, just boosted for the event. Eddie Brock Venom might be required, because he's featured in progression, not sure. Maybe one of the 3*, too? But yeah, most of the characters listed under featured might possibly be options for a node (maybe there's a node that requires a villain or Dark Avengers character? I didn't pay attention to that during the first run tbh, but the featured list gives me that impression.), but they will not be all required characters. For sure. So, likely, missing 5* Daken or Yelena won't impact you at all.
    And if you do end up missing one of the required characters, it just means you'll be able to do 1 clear less per cycle. If your alliance progresses far enough to get into Round 7 or 8, there will be plenty enough points to still hit full progression no problem.
    Most important deciding factor in whether you'll be able to get full progression or not is how well your alliance clears boss events. The higher rounds you get into, the faster you get into them, the more points are on the table per clear.
  • bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    AlexR said:
    bladewing said:
    Does anyone know if I will be able to achieve full progression in the Peer into Madness Boss event if I am missing Samurai Daken and Yelena Belova?

I'm still fairly new to MPQ, and haven't done many Boss events. I was lucky to have all the required characters in the previous Boss event, but not this time around. So is there a way to get full individual progression rewards without the required 5-star heroes?

Boss event featured characters often work a bit different-- Samurai Daken and Yelena will almost certainly not both be required characters, just boosted for the event. Eddie Brock Venom might be required, because he's featured in progression, not sure. Maybe one of the 3*, too? But yeah, most of the characters listed under featured might possibly be options for a node (maybe there's a node that requires a villain or Dark Avengers character? I didn't pay attention to that during the first run tbh, but the featured list gives me that impression.), but they will not be all required characters. For sure. So, likely, missing 5* Daken or Yelena won't impact you at all.
    And if you do end up missing one of the required characters, it just means you'll be able to do 1 clear less per cycle. If your alliance progresses far enough to get into Round 7 or 8, there will be plenty enough points to still hit full progression no problem.
    Most important deciding factor in whether you'll be able to get full progression or not is how well your alliance clears boss events. The higher rounds you get into, the faster you get into them, the more points are on the table per clear.
    Thanks for the insight! My current alliance has always completed the Boss events with at least a day to spare, so it sounds like I should be able to get full progression.

But I'm betting that Samurai Daken and Yelena will both be required because in the last Peer into Madness event, the 2 Featured 5-star characters were Black Bolt and Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme), and they were both required for at least one node in the event. I was lucky to enough to get Medusa to level 280 and earned a Black Bolt cover just before the event started. 
  • AlexR
    Were they? Interesting, I honestly cannot remember. It's kinda unusual for a boss event to require two 5* in my experience, but maybe stuff changed in the months in which I took a hiatus. We'll see, I guess; I don't have Yelena myself.
    Still, if your alliance completes boss events with a day to spare, then you'll be fine either way. There will be enough points if you consistently do your clears.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Omegased said:
    5* Broken up Clue.

My guess would be Jane Foster Thor. her Mjolnir seems to be "held together" after being all broken up.
    I also suspect it's her, with the added reason that Jane and Thor broke up.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it's her, hopefully, her power will be totally different from her 4* version.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    On boss events never 5* characters are required. 
    They could be boosted because they share the same identity as the required ones, so ihulk is a lot of times boosted because of hulk being required, ghostpool because of deadpool, and samurai because of daken.
    Yelena is boosted but she won't be required, so just relax.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards

AlexR said:
    Were they? Interesting, I honestly cannot remember. It's kinda unusual for a boss event to require two 5* in my experience, but maybe stuff changed in the months in which I took a hiatus. We'll see, I guess; I don't have Yelena myself.
    Still, if your alliance completes boss events with a day to spare, then you'll be fine either way. There will be enough points if you consistently do your clears.

Don't read the spoiler if you haven't seen Dr. Strange 2

They have a direct link to Dr. Strange: In The Multiverse of Madness - likewise Peggy Carter and Prof X which explains why they were featured and/or Essential

• AlexR
    DAZ0273 said:

Spoiler-y reply to spoilers. ;)
    True! I don't mind them boosted for it at all, but as far as direct movie links go, I did wonder why they (the cameos with barely a minute of screen time each and no plot relevance whatsoever) were featured/essential and not America (the second protagonist). Ah well, we seem to be getting a new Dark Avengers-flavored boosting list for this run instead.
    I still kinda want a costume for protagonist-zombielord!Strange though. That was very fun, in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way and looked straight out of dark fantasy art. Maybe when the movie isn't as new anymore and it's less of a spoiler.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    AlexR said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Spoiler-y reply to spoilers. ;)
    True! I don't mind them boosted for it at all, but as far as direct movie links go, I did wonder why they (the cameos with barely a minute of screen time each and no plot relevance whatsoever) were featured/essential and not America (the second protagonist). Ah well, we seem to be getting a new Dark Avengers-flavored boosting list for this run instead.
    I still kinda want a costume for protagonist-zombielord!Strange though. That was very fun, in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way and looked straight out of dark fantasy art. Maybe when the movie isn't as new anymore and it's less of a spoiler.

Yes would be a lot of fun regarding the Doc!
  • teky
    teky Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    thank you for giving us this gift called MPQ, as well as keeping it going. great community IMO 
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    New 5* Clue: Broken Up

The clue is vague because it could mean a physical or non-physical thing.

Valkyrie, Thoress, Gorr, Korg for Thor: Love and Thunder tie-ins.

Thoress was broken up into pieces by Thanos' snap.
    Gorr's family was "broken up".
    It's the shape of Valkyrie's new weapon
    And I don't know about Korg.

Hey man, that pile of rocks is actually a thing. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    My guess on that clue is a 5* Jane Foster since she and Thor have broken up, and Love and Thunder should be out around then. However, my HOPE is that it'll be Garrison Kane, whose person can be "broken up" as he shoots his rocket hands off like a Gundam.

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Dark Avengers only will certainly change up my game plan from the teams I used last time. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean if we can bring back the heroic style events then surely we can bring back the old gauntlet as well but with better rewards. Puzzle Gauntlet doesn't count.
  • bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    This will be my first time experiencing a Heroic event.  Other than being restricted in the characters we can use, is there any other differences from the previous Peer into Madness event?
  • HoundofShadow
    Based on my memory of reading past replies, Heroic event looks like the way Shield Training works, with a little bit of flexibility. I've never played Gauntlet Boss event before, and it'll be interesting to know how it works in reality. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Based on my memory of reading past replies, Heroic event looks like the way Shield Training works, with a little bit of flexibility. I've never played Gauntlet Boss event before, and it'll be interesting to know how it works in reality. 
    Nah. For Heroic events, there was a select group of characters players could use for the entire event. Shield training has much more flexibility, in that it's more like the 2*, 3*, 4*, 5* essential nodes in regular PVE. You have to use the required character, but the other two can be any (non-locked) character. For Heroics, you only had that select pool to choose from.

Gauntlet required you to play every single node, because each node unlocks the next one. It's similar to the main nodes in Puzzle Gauntlet.
  • HoundofShadow
    That's very clear now. If you don't have essential, you are locked out of that entire node. For Heroic, you still can use other characters from the pool as replacement. The challenge probably has to do with Synergies and whether you have at least three characters from the pool. Was it compulsory to have three characters to play Heroic back then? Or you could still play even if you have only 1 or 2 characters from that pool?

We're playing the Villian role this boss events, or are we (Dark Avengers) considered a Hero?