MPQ What's New June (Updated 6/22/22)

Options

Comments

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    tonypq said:
    When does Kamala enter latest legends ?
    Most likely on Monday 6/27, unless they do something weird because of the delay last rotation. But I wouldn’t expect that; I’m sure they want to get back to the regular rotation. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Options
    IceIX on page 4 mentioned

and those affiliated through things like symbiotes

That's why Carbage/Carnage were brought up.

5* usually gets rotated in the same week as the release of new 5*. For example, our next 5* release is on June 30. So, KK should be in around 26/27.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hound, I took that to mean that's why the non-dark avengers variants of Venom were included. I believe it was intended to explain why 4* Venom and Agent Venom were included; because they are Venom variants and 1* is a dark avenger. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Maybe you need to update your app. There was a push for update today. I don't see Carnage nor Carnage in the list. Maybe they are part of essential nodes? I've never paid attention to this before, so I'm just guessing.
    They could be playable but not boosted.
  • TheHawkNY
    TheHawkNY Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Feels like Scorpion is going to be doing a lot of heavy lifting this event.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,614 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnage isn't a dark avenger so I don't know why we'd expect him to be included. 

IceIX said on Page 4

and those affiliated through things like symbiotes

Carnage would affiliated via Symbiotes from Venom.

But it looks like that isn't happening.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I knew there was a reason I kept a full roster. Looking forward to seeing what there options are. 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Personally I'm ok with it, that's what a broad roster is for.
    The Shang crowd will not like it.
    I'm both OK and do not like that they made this a Dark Avengers Heroic event.

...that does actually sound like me. :smile:

• jsmjsmjsm00
    Options
    @DAZ0273 see my other comment. I believe yall are misunderstanding the provided rationale for why 4* Venom and Agent Venom are included. Taking the quote out of context is likely what is the root of confusion.

The non-DA venoms are included because of the relationship through the symbiote, despite those versions not being affiliated at all with Dark Avengers. This is also why 5* Daken and Yelena are included despite not being DA; they are variants of a DA character. Carnage is not DA in any variant we have. 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Nobody likes the Dark Avengers, they suck. They were officially voted "Most unlikely to be invited to a Supervillain Team-Up Crossover" at the last Villains R US Conference.

Apart from 5* Yelena who is fun at parties and brings the hot sauce. Actually does she have a Dark Avengers affiliation? Also why can't we use 4* Juggernaut? He is just a version of Juggs who got a job at a hardware store.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    @jsmjsmjsm00
    That sounds logical with OMD and Yelena in. 

I can't wait to play my first Heroic event.  :p

• DAZ0273
    Options
    Hound, I took that to mean that's why the non-dark avengers variants of Venom were included. I believe it was intended to explain why 4* Venom and Agent Venom were included; because they are Venom variants and 1* is a dark avenger. 

So is 1* Venom a Dark Avenger or is Mac Gargan a Dark Avenger? Or are they both? Does that mean that anybody who gets the symbiote immediately gets recruited to the Dark Avengers even if they don't want to? And if it is a case of both then where is 4* Juggernaut?!?!? Actually - Ragnarok is a clone of Thor so...I am going down a path to madness here...
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    Options
    1* juggs is not DA so, again, I don't get the talk about 4* juggs "missing".

I believe 1* Venom and 4* scorpion are treated as the same character in-game. You can't have both on the same team (I believe), hence why scorpion is included in this list. 

Ragnarok is a different character than Thor; they can both be played on the same team. 
  • Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So, just with the information provided from the featured list and plus some symbiotes, does anyone know any good DA synergies?
    Well I say 'good', the best average team we could possibly make  :cold_sweat:
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,933 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It will be interesting to see how the side nodes scale up on days 2-4. Normally they scale based on your roster strength so 5* champ rosters see L300+ side node enemies.

If players are using 2/3* Dark Avengers to fight L300+ side nodes expect to see a lot of complaints.

KGB
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,933 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnifex said:
    So, just with the information provided from the featured list and plus some symbiotes, does anyone know any good DA synergies?
    Well I say 'good', the best average team we could possibly make  :cold_sweat:
    3* Bullseye, Scorpion, Agent Venom should be a solid team since you have 5 active powers. Equip Chewie support in case you don't have any specials for 3* Bullseye to destroy.

Scorpion feeds Purple to 3* Bullseye so I'd run him at 5 in the other 2 colors and use his Green.
    3* Bullseye uses Purple to destroy specials and definitely to down enemies to fill the board with strikes
    Agent Venom is there as a Red/Yellow/Black outlet.

You can of course swap out Bullseye for a 5* like Yelena and use Scorpions own powerful purple. The real issue is there is no Blue outlet other than Rags. My guess is this was on purpose so players leave Blue for Gargantos.

KGB
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    TheHawkNY said:
    Feels like Scorpion is going to be doing a lot of heavy lifting this event.
    Probably more Agent Venom.
    You don't exactly want to wait for Garg to fire any abilities and boss!Garg with his 3 AP black (if they keep that the same as last time) will punish special tiles. Which kinda makes Scorpion's green and red useless here. So, Scorpion only has his purple, nothing else. Agent Venom has all his colors.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Okay. Apparently, we got loaners, but no announced heroic-style restrictions.
    Am a bit relieved (would prefer Heroic-restrictions not applying to a boss event but more being it's own little side event), but very very confused. Anyone know what's going on?

Edit: Ohhh, okay, other characters just aren't greyed out.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I used OMD/Venom Brock/Green Goblin. Beautiful Synergy but it would be dangerous against Shuma in late rounds. 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I dont have a high level OMD, my GG isn't fully covered. I'm trying to get through this even with 5Yelena, the 4Venoms. This is a nightmare with the restrictions, permanent damage of Gargs and how tough he'll be later rounds.