MPQ What's New June (Updated 6/22/22)

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i'm just 5* brute forcing it with OMD/Goblin/Yelena who have negative synergy but 5* match damage at least. We'll see how that scales. Most of my alliance will have to play this event with loaners.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1* juggs is not DA so, again, I don't get the talk about 4* juggs "missing".

I believe 1* Venom and 4* scorpion are treated as the same character in-game. You can't have both on the same team (I believe), hence why scorpion is included in this list. 

Ragnarok is a different character than Thor; they can both be played on the same team. 
    I thought Juggernaut was Dark Avenger in this game? Is there a node where he and Venom are teamed up?
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ah this reminds me of “you’re supposed to lose”. Good times.
    I was going to say the same thing. The early rounds are manageable but it will be ugly later. 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

I believe 1* Venom and 4* scorpion are treated as the same character in-game. You can't have both on the same team (I believe), hence why scorpion is included in this list. 

Ragnarok is a different character than Thor; they can both be played on the same team. 
    I thought Juggernaut was Dark Avenger in this game? Is there a node where he and Venom are teamed up?
    I checked it myself before posting and Juggs does not have DA affiliation in game. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Before the complaints cascade appear, I would like to say that this restriction is something I asked for many times, and I appreciate the chance to play with characters always sitting on the bench. 
    After saying that, I hope the loaners level could increase every round or I will lose one cover.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The loaner OMD will be a great help with his 15,000 ish health, sigh, I can't wait until later rounds ugh. I have Yelena champed, GG has about 23k health, he's not going to be a big help.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I do like the idea of experimenting with a restricted roster in a boss event. Just that there are some issues with this particular boss:

- Shuma does a ton of damage, and can go invisible. I feel a boss like Infinity Gauntlet Thanos would have been better for a restricted roster.
    - there are already lots of reports from players about being wiped in round 1. Boss events shouldnt be too easy, but round 1? If there are going to be 8 rounds, it should start getting difficult around round 6 at least.
    - this really hurts young and small rosters. Those who don’t have any of Goblin, Old Man Daken, Yelena champed can forget about this event and take the weekend off. Dark Avengers also take a long time to get AP to use their powers. By the time you’ve accumulated all that AP, Shuma has destroyed you with his Blue and gone invisible for 2 turns.
    - why Dark Avengers anyway? The characters in Multiverse of Madness would have been much better (yes I know they were boosted the previous event, but they’d still be a millionfold better than Dark Avengers). Even using only all Villains would have been better. We trying to return to MPQ’s Dark Reign roots?
  • stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seeing as his blue even in the early rounds does 3K dmg per blue, and can be activated from 7 blue (but will usually be 9), this means that any character with less than 27K health will be one-shotted.

Not a nice surprise. People will need champed 5* to reliably defeat him.
  • Supafred57
    Supafred57 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I really don't like the restricted roster with dark avengers in this boss event ! My Samurai Daken can get killed in the 1st round !
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I think this is gonna be very very tough for newer players even early doors.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

I checked it myself before posting and Juggs does not have DA affiliation in game. 
    No worries - I am doing great today on MPQ Dark Avengers facts, lol!
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Don't recall seeing it was a "heroic "Boss event, anyone else?  Pretty sure it will be the same developer "radio silence" as per usual also!
  • CoxLargo
    CoxLargo Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    This event team selections sucks, so much.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    chris0001 said:
    Don't recall seeing it was a "heroic "Boss event, anyone else?  Pretty sure it will be the same developer "radio silence" as per usual also!
    Page 4 of this very thread with several pages of discussion thereafter. Now don't you feel silly for not reading before commenting?
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bad said:
    Before the complaints cascade appear, I would like to say that this restriction is something I asked for many times, and I appreciate the chance to play with characters always sitting on the bench. 
    After saying that, I hope the loaners level could increase every round or I will lose one cover.
    I’m with you on that, even though my roster is limited , I enjoy using bench warmers. I’ve been 100% Shang for 3 weeks and I’m embarrassed for myself for playing that way . I became hypocritically the type of player I hate the most.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Haha. Round 2 and there is already wholesale slaughter! Gargantos is making up for the first run!
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    chris0001 said:
    What is up with this arrogant negativity despite being ignorant of what the devs posted literally in this same thread?
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I think this is gonna be very very tough for newer players even early doors.
    I am revising my prediction to a very dead Dark Avengers roster if my guys even make it past Round 2!!!! Proper mad this is!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jsmjsmjsm00 said:
    What is up with this arrogant negativity despite being ignorant of what the devs posted literally in this same thread?
    I would call it "ancient forum tradition"  :D