Slot price

Options
13»

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,526 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would I like them to lower the roster slot cost? Yes I’ve mentioned it before when the roster reaches close to 300 it will be kind of a problem.

It will not bother me if they don’t lower it though.
    Because if you have 300 roster slot you most likely farm the requisite up to buy new roster slots every week.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's not moot if it's the dev who said it themselves. If reducing slot from 2000 to 1000 doesn't help revenue, it's a tough sell to finance.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2022
    Options
    bbigler said:
    I don’t have that problem because I DON’T WASTE HP with useless farming that everyone thinks is necessary to play the game effectively.  If you choose to be a collectionist and do so because you believe he who dies with the most toys wins is the object of the game, then you deserve the higher roster costs. I never tracked it but it seems I get at least 200 HP on average every day so 5 days buys me a slot for a character release that only occurs every 14 days . Even at 2K cost I could still tread water and remain in the black . 
    Can you train me in the way of MPQ?  I always learn a little more of zen MPQ play when you post. Wax on, wax off.
    As others stated , how you play is a personal choice . But if you choose to play a certain way you should not come here and complain because the style you chose has a negative effect on your view of the game . I choose to win and progress . I don’t farm , or hoard, or look at a clock for when I must play , and still enjoy animations. I still finish top 20 usually without all the mechanics players say you must do to win or gather rewards. I’m not #1, but apparently my way works better than 98% of the other players and I’m satisfied with that .
    You must be playing SCL 9 or lower because without the best practices you won’t get top 20 in SCL 10.  Not even close.  I went from top 5 in SCL 9 to top 50 in SCL 10.  So you would probably be top 200 in SCL 10.  
    Finished this event in top 30s, suffered points because I couldn’t beat Medusa/Grocket in the final grind . Probably would finish top 20 or just miss by a few points if I could have . Still not bad considering a limited roster for me. Rewards show I play SCL 10, so your accusations and theories are incorrect 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,343 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Finished this event in top 30s, suffered points because I couldn’t beat Medusa/Grocket in the final grind . Probably would finish top 20 or just miss by a few points if I could have . Still not bad considering a limited roster for me. Rewards show I play SCL 10, so your accusations and theories are incorrect 
    There is zero chance you are playing in the first slice, though.  Which means you actually do have to pay attention to time, if only a little bit, to guarantee you aren't in the first slice of 10 PVE.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options

There is zero chance you are playing in the first slice, though.  Which means you actually do have to pay attention to time, if only a little bit, to guarantee you aren't in the first slice of 10 PVE.
    I play the second slice on events starting on a Sunday or Monday due to church or company meetings . I join the second slice right after lunch after 1PM. Wednesday or Thursday event starts I can join the first 7 AM slice around 8 AM getting into work . I don’t pay attention to time , I just have a life that dictates when I play .
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,756 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Scores would be a far better guide but it’s obvious why they wouldn’t get posted, for multiple reasons.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    This is a similar thread regarding roster slot cost started in June 2018, except that dev posted thrice (once on page two and twice on page 3). Coincidentally, it was created by bbigler.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/73567/roster-slot-prices-a-major-problem-for-new-rosters/p2

So, this is the criteria to reduce roster slot cost: 

Not to give specific numbers, but as others have stated in the thread, Roster Slots are a majority of Hero Points spent on anything across the game on a regular basis. It would be a very difficult (but not impossible) sell to the bean counter types to modify that amount without pretty concrete evidence that it would help our revenue.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/815474/#Comment_815474

For those who want the roster slot to be reduced, maybe we should brainstorm how to prove that doing so help the game revenue. Obviously, for the past ~4 years, no one could prove that.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,756 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’d settle for a roster slot sale and give them 100k straight away in HP  :D
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I'm sorry, there is absolutely no way you join the first 7 AM slice and get T20 without playing optimal.  No way at all.  SCL10 7 AM ET is the slice I always play and play optimal and generally get T25 because others with a 550Okoye/IH are faster.  You can't just "play at your leisure" and make T20 in the first SCL10 slice.
    *post has been removed* - fight4thedream
    I think there may be some miscommunication here.  When LavaManLee says the first 7am slice, I don't beleive he means just the first time slice but also the first bracket of the first times slice. Are you joining as soon as the event begins?  Or are you waiting until the first bracket fills up with 1000 players and flips and then joining?

I can totally see it possible to get T20 if you are waiting for the flip, but If you are joining in the first bracket as soon as the event starts there is no way you are beating out 550 meta teams with non meta teams while having animations on.  There is no way to "play smarter" than a 550 okoye/ihulk team melting enemies in 5 seconds.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I forgot I started that thread in 2018.  I still think my original statement is true.  I understand that pushing players to buy HP makes good money for the game, but how much is reasonable to expect players to spend?  $50?  $100? Certainly not more than $200 to avoid cover waste right?  

Well, I ended up spending $500 in the first 2 months to avoid cover waste.  Is that a reasonable expectation for new players?  I don’t think so.  
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    The problem is the fear of cover waste. If you can move past this fear, you won't be pressured to spend. In the early days, my main account sold a lot of 3*, 4* and some 5* covers. I still could catch up, just not as fast as those players who spent. Patience is another factor. 

So, the question is, how afraid are you of cover waste? With shards milestones, even rostering and selling covers help push your milestones forward, compared to in the past. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The problem is the fear of cover waste. If you can move past this fear, you won't be pressured to spend. In the early days, my main account sold a lot of 3*, 4* and some 5* covers. I still could catch up, just not as fast as those players who spent. Patience is another factor. 

So, the question is, how afraid are you of cover waste? With shards milestones, even rostering and selling covers help push your milestones forward, compared to in the past. 
    Right, but I wouldn’t call it a fear, just resourcefulness.  Even with my spending I still sold covers, can you believe that?  The decision really comes down to this: are those covers worth spending money on?  

Let’s say you have 3 x 3*covers (for different characters) waiting to be rostered, so buying a $20 Logan would allow you to roster them.  That’s the equivalent of seeing a weekend special for $20 that gives you 3 x 3*covers.  That’s certainly not worth it.  

If you had 3 x 4* covers waiting for rostering, that’s similar to a weekend special.  

If you had a single 5* cover waiting, would you spend $20 to save it?  Many people would.  

In my restart, I had situations where I had 13+ characters to roster, so I bought a Stark in a buy club to handle it.  I figured on the future benefit of champing those characters sooner and getting their rewards.  All of that work is paying off now.  
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2022
    Options
    In my alt account, I still sell covers. However, with the existence of shards, what I did was to roster covers and then sell 3*/4* characters that I have enough shards to reroster then again to recruit other character if necessary. It's still a waste but it's unlike the past where I sold characters with 5 or 6 covers and never see them again. With shards, I could do it one cover at a time, while still having 1 or 2 cover equivalent of shards. I think it's scl 7 or 8 pvp where players can get at least 1 cover equivalent worth of shards, and if they place decently enough, they would have two covers equivalent worth of shards. At least they are not charging you HP for storing shards.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Here comes the 100% bonus for HP: Logan's Loonies and Asgard Treasure. What a coincidence.  :D
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Here comes the 100% bonus for HP: Logan's Loonies and Asgard Treasure. What a coincidence.  :D
    Haha just saw that offer. Maybe I will buy this as I havent bought for so long, yet I still enjoy playing the game
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wanna talk about cover waste? Imagine how much the game would suck if they never implemented saved covers. I've been champing my 3* dupes since sometime last season before Moon Knight went into tokens and kindaaaa neglected some of the newer 4s. Currently, my Melinda May has 17 saved covers and Rhino has like 16. Inching closer to being iso positive though. 
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    Options
    **Mod note - I have removed off topic posts. Please keep this discussion on topic and refrain from making insensitive political remarks. And please do remember to be civil and respectful of others. Thank you.