Moon Knight obviously not today...

Options

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’d rank Abby above Moon Knight. She’s a good defensive/supportive character, and goes well with a handful of fellow 5s that we’ve all noted in her thread, plus Shuma. Moony though...who does he have synergy with (besides Okoye and Apocalypse obviously)? Legit question. The only good thing about him is his stun immunity. His match damage is identical to Mr Sinister, and his ability costs are ssssslightly better than Natasha’s. Not good.
    True, true, there’s lots of characters that produce CD tiles and repeaters, but Abby is a defensive slow character.  Let me ask this: would you rather play with a boosted Abby or a boosted Moon Knight?  

A MK at level 576: green deals 36K plus reduces and hits for 11K.  His black deals 82K, restores 61K health and makes 4 x 2,356 attack tiles.  There are battery characters for MK.  

A boosted Abby could be paired with Wanda for annoying defense.  
  • Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    But...but D3 won't let you?!?!?!? I guess it could be down to that

But.....but......D3 won't let me, is just a statement not an attack. Meaning I'm not going to get to pull when I thought I would. That why I said you are reading to much into in. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Davidk777 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    But...but D3 won't let you?!?!?!? I guess it could be down to that

But.....but......D3 won't let me, is just a statement not an attack. Meaning I'm not going to get to pull when I thought I would. That why I said you are reading to much into in. 
    1st World MPQ problems?
  • will7612
    will7612 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Lost in the middle!!!!!, I'm getting used to Shang Chi/A Chávez or SC/Ronan for my lvl10 PVP adventures, usually ranking T50 and getting around 900-1000 scores.

So it's hard to think of a newer combination (SC it's 4/5/3/ 400; Ronan 5/2/5 400)

But Elektra/MK seem good enough to get a hold of them!!!!!!!

I let go of SW/Colossus; not afraid of them anymore; let's hope Shurma it's good also to revitalize the 5* land
  • will7612
    will7612 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    The down side (please comment) if I pull too many for Elektra/MK/Crystal, I might end up short for Shuma

I guess I'll start a new hoard for the next 3 5*, with Shuma/X/XX
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @BlackBoltRocks I agree, Abby is not useless, but neither is Moon Knight.  If he’s boosted, then it’s worth it to bring battery characters just for him.  I would use them this way: 

Weekly Boost for Moony: In PvE, put on a support that increases his black match dmg so that it’s the strongest color, then pair with Valkyrie & Melinda.  Start with black AP boosts.  Valkyrie & Melinda will produce 7 black AP per turn.  Combine with black matches, and you can fire off his 80K nuke on the 2nd turn.  Then again on the 3rd or 4th turn.  This team should clear the 3 SCL 10 hard nodes very quickly. 

As you said, you could also try Half-Thor & Domino/C&D to feed him green & black; it would be slower but it has far more defense.  I wouldn’t use him in PVP, even boosted, and I wouldn’t bother with his purple power.    

Weekly Boost for Abby: put her on PVP defense with Wanda, Shuma or a boosted Knull.  I wouldn’t use her in PVE, unless it’s a really hard challenge node.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the concept of Moon Knight is to stall the opponent with his green while collecting black to down lowest health opponent. 

I think Moon Knight's best partners are Valkyrie to feed him green and someone to stun the other one or two opponents so that you can maximise his green power. If not, get someone who can also increases his power strike tiles or power damage buff. For these, Daredevil fits in nicely with his strong strike and stun.

If not, you can go all defensive with him using Abigail + Odin/Iceman. We had quite a lot of defensive characters in 5* land now and I'm happy to see them. Others include Mr Sinister, Elektra, Wanda, Colossus, Crystal and even Kitty Pryde.

If you want to go offensive, then Kitty + Valkyrie will be good with him provided your strongest colour is green. They will boost his green power and Kitty will overrrides those attack tiles he gifted the enemies.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So back on topic - when is Moon Knight coming? Can we expect tomorrow or not till Monday? I'm getting itchy trigger fingers and abagail is already champed and I love her and Moon Knight equally.
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Monday seems like a safe bet.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Omegased said:
    So back on topic - when is Moon Knight coming? Can we expect tomorrow or not till Monday? I'm getting itchy trigger fingers and abagail is already champed and I love her and Moon Knight equally.
    Hopefully soon because I'm tired of having to use my one cover Elektra for pve when I'm sitting on a mountain of resources but can't pull tokens until MK goes in.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Omegased said:
    Hopefully soon because I'm tired of having to use my one cover Elektra for pve when I'm sitting on a mountain of resources but can't pull tokens until MK goes in.
    me too.  This is the most I've ever hoarded (small, but champed Brand quickly, so I've been just waiting).  

I know no one's mentioned it, but with the new season, Black Knight isn't in either.  He's due to have joined with the new season (unless I'm mistaken).  Seem's something is amiss with the packs.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has this long delay ever happened before? I feel like it has happened before but I can't be sure.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actually Disney wants a better MK and right now he is being rebalanced in all powers in order to become a meta character, and he will take okoye's place.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Has this long delay ever happened before? I feel like it has happened before but I can't be sure.

I think the longest delay before this was Star Lord, who entered on a Wednesday or Thursday or something because his Legendary Store went on longer.
    As I said above, there have been no data pushes this week at all.  The tokens have not been updated for the new season (Black Knight should have been added yesterday.)  I can only assume that either the office has been closed this week for some reason, or else there's some kind of technical issue with updating the tokens.
    I have no idea if the events are also updated with the data push, it seems clear that the events are scheduled to appear at some point and aren't reliant on the data push every day, but it's still possible that they set them up on it.  I guess we'll see in a few days if new events stop coming in.
    Since the data pushes happen every day when they're in the office, I can only assume that they do set up things for the future.
  • Elmato
    Elmato Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    Elmato said:
    @LakeStone @IceIX can anybody throw us a bone here as to the MK situation? Even if it’s all techno babble at least it would quell some of the speculation and such. Thanks in advance. 
    Sorry for the delay of his release.  Just chatted with the team and it looks like we are confirmed for Monday for him to go live in packs.  Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience
    Thanks for the reply!
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What about Black Knight now that we're a day behind on him?
  • MJHarpua
    MJHarpua Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    Elmato said:
    @LakeStone @IceIX can anybody throw us a bone here as to the MK situation? Even if it’s all techno babble at least it would quell some of the speculation and such. Thanks in advance. 
    Sorry for the delay of his release.  Just chatted with the team and it looks like we are confirmed for Monday for him to go live in packs.  Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience
    Will Monday also bring a changeover on the support store?  I believe it should have cycle yesterday.