Moon Knight obviously not today...

Options

Comments

• Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What I'm curious about is how difficult is it to win games without those "meta" characters? I'd feel less anxious about leveling 5 stars if I didn't hear so many horror stories about how PVP is "ruined" unless you play with Shang/Okoye/Apoc. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Chirus said:
    What I'm curious about is how difficult is it to win games without those "meta" characters? I'd feel less anxious about leveling 5 stars if I didn't hear so many horror stories about how PVP is "ruined" unless you play with Shang/Okoye/Apoc. 
    It depends on who you're using and what your goals are. If you only have non-meta 5* characters that are champable or have a lot of covers on them, and you level those up, then you are going to be more of a target than someone that uses characters like Scarlet Witch and Colossus. But even if you only have weaker characters you can still grind out a lot of wins to get to where you want, it's just going to take you having to skip more fights to find opponents that are more on your level.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    Options
    There are 3 requeriments for playing this game, and another one later.
    The 3 are: liking (for playing match 3 games and for marvel heroes), availability (for playing many hours and on a scheduled time), and interest (for aiming to be stronger and play with all the characters).
    For making progress all the cps are needed. It's perfectly possible for any player to achieve all the cps possible for that goal, and to aim always at the higher scl possible for getting more cps.
    Then the fourth requeriment appears, the optimal resources management.
    The game has improved a LOT although many of us won't notice it or appreciate it, and milestone shards will abbreviate a huge amount of gameplay for a new player. If the player knows which character needs the progress he can do can be very fast.
    After having the few meta characters he can aim to be a 5* player and champing all characters and then having a funny experience as the godboost effectively will reduce the need of using damage multipliers like okoye kitty apocalypse (but not SW). The amount of hours that player will need for his grinding will be drastically reduced too.
    Finally I will remark that in no way the majority of players have thought on this approach or they could or wanted to follow this path and 4* players are the common rule.
    If all players were in that high, deep state in the game, more scl levels would be added, more difficulty implemented (possibly). So the game just offers what players demand.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Chirus said:
    That’s a myth. You can win with hundreds of combinations. The horror stories are from either A) speed fanboys who think the object of the game isn’t to win but to play as little as possible or B )players with no desire or imagination to experiment new combinations but just become a meta cloner.
  • darkman84
    darkman84 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Meanwhile, still waiting for 5* Moon Knight to appear in LL...
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don’t usually hoard both CP and Latests but I have for the last month because Abagail was champed and I don’t want extra covers for her. 

Both Elektra and Crystal have two covers and I have about 80 pulls saved. This is a record for me and I’m anxiously awaiting being able to use them. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Chirus said:
    That’s a myth. You can win with hundreds of combinations. The horror stories are from either A) speed fanboys who think the object of the game isn’t to win but to play as little as possible or B )players with no desire or imagination to experiment new combinations but just become a meta cloner.
    Totally agree.  There’s a cycle of getting better characters to get better rewards in order to get better characters.  But what’s the point of doing this?  It’s fun to try out new better characters, but what happens when you finally have all the top 5* metas?  Is your purpose to us them exclusively, play as fast and as little as possible but still get top rank?  

That sounds boring, but I guess you feel good about getting top rank.  But after a while, that must get boring too.  The only thing that keeps the game continuously interesting is trying out new characters and teams.  So, for me, the fun of the game isn’t reaching the top, but the climb to get there.  

Oh by the way @IceIX and @fight4thedream, where the heck is Moon Knight!?
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Chirus said:
    Totally agree.  There’s a cycle of getting better characters to get better rewards in order to get better characters.  But what’s the point of doing this?  It’s fun to try out new better characters, but what happens when you finally have all the top 5* metas?  Is your purpose to us them exclusively, play as fast and as little as possible but still get top rank?  

That sounds boring, but I guess you feel good about getting top rank.  But after a while, that must get boring too.  The only thing that keeps the game continuously interesting is trying out new characters and teams.  So, for me, the fun of the game isn’t reaching the top, but the climb to get there.  

Oh by the way @IceIX and @fight4thedream, where the heck is Moon Knight!?
    I mostly just want to be able to complete progression rewards when it comes to PVP. As long as that's doable without meta characters, I'm good. But I also don't want to spend forever searching for a beatable team. As long as I can get that goldilocks zone by focusing on the latest release, then probably the fears I've read are overblown. 

Concerning Moon Knight, I think we're not getting the new store until the end of this current PVE event since Abigail is the essential character. So that means no new store until tomorrow at the earliest, but I wager we'll get a new store on Friday.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So... something I've noticed, I don't think we've had a "data push" yet this week.  The data push usually happens between 9 and 10am EST.  You've all seen it - once you get to a point where the game accesses the server (i.e. after a fight, or after you leave a drill-down screen like your roster,) the game suddenly goes back to the "loading" graphic, and it loads starting from 0%.  These data pushes update the tokens, and probably do some back-end stuff as well like setting up future events or the like.
    Usually they run every weekday, whether or not there's anything to update.  I'm pretty sure we haven't had one this week, yet.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Chirus said:
    The are 2 other things you aren't considering here.

1) Some players *are* playing for placement in PvP (stone chasers) and they need meta characters to stay on top of the meta in order to complete for placement. It's a tiny segment obviously, but it does exist.

2) The longer you play, the higher the level your older 5*s get. Eventually many of your better 5* characters will end up in the 480-500 range (or even higher). Because of how much you scale up between 450 and 480-500, a non-meta 450 character isn't even usable especially because matchmaking will show you other 480-500 teams. Obviously, God boost mode has helped with that a lot but it does matter when you are thinking of spending resources to get a 450 character who can't be used unless boosted because everyone else you have is 480-500+

KGB
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dramatist said:

Both Elektra and Crystal have two covers and I have about 80 pulls saved. This is a record for me and I’m anxiously awaiting being able to use them. 
    80 is not a big hoard but in any case I wish you to pull more than 14 5*s, honoring Beginner's Luck.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Somebody at HQ: push the flipping button already and give us MK.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Groot pushed the wrong button.
  • hipUK
    hipUK Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    He was Groot?
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The button to release MK is right next to the button that erases all data servers
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    Sorry for the delay of his release. We are planning to get Moon Knight in packs soon and we'll provide a time once confirmed.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Chirus said:
    I guess you get off on being an anti-competitive elitist who uses a plethora of negative rhetoric to make yourself feel better. The horror stories exist for a reason. Go champ 5* Natasha and Wasp as your only characters and climb to 1.2 for full prog. You’d probably say that sounds like a nightmare, no? Does one have to fully abide by the “meta” no matter what? No, that’s ridiculous. But if you only have a limited amount of resources coming in, you can’t afford to blow your hoard on sub-par characters while you recoup assets. You need to wait for the right trio that can help you float along without making the game unplayable. You routinely mention using Colossus and Scarlet Witch, so you have the fallback option of the current meta whenever the weekly boosts aren’t helpful. If someone breaks for Abigail/Wheel/Elektra, they’re not gonna have that same fallback ability because those characters aren’t strong enough to sustain through the resource income phase. 
    That’s a lie , I’ve never used Colossus since he’s 2/1/2. I do have Magneto , Knull and Heimdall champed though and finish top 50 in all events . Pragmatically my opinion and play style is based on my own data. Yours may vary .