**** Black Knight (Dane Whitman) ****

Options

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, I guess he would be a good 3rd to BRB and Polaris since he can create lots of protects for 5 yellow.  
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This looks very underwhelming to me. Black Knight is a really cool character in the comics, one of the better Avengers who gets forgotten sadly. Why is his damage so comically low?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You have to love those pre-release nerfed stats thanks to all of the characters already in-game who boost dmg. 
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Well, I guess he would be a good 3rd to BRB and Polaris since he can create lots of protects for 5 yellow.  
    Where is everyone seeing the cost change to 5?  Also, there are waaaay better people to combo with brb/polaris.  I'd put him in more of a "well if he's mandatory I guess he'll bring SOMEthing to the brb/polaris team"
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Where is everyone seeing the cost change to 5?  Also, there are waaaay better people to combo with brb/polaris.  I'd put him in more of a "well if he's mandatory I guess he'll bring SOMEthing to the brb/polaris team"
    He's in the game now (log in for free cover). You'll see cost is 5.

At the very least he will be usable in Shield Training with Polaris in the Riri/Mockingbird and Thing/Mordo/Starlord nodes.

On the other hand we could be in for an awful 1v1 battle depending on who his opponent is in the warmup node.

KGB
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Why does he have 2* numbers? I think his power design is kind of neat but this goes beyond copy-paste error. If ya'll need QC I am willing to stop playing and take a pay-check to tell you that you've OFFICIALLY done it all wrong week in and week out.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I hope the numbers for this knight guy go up sometime. He seems like a 2* disguised as a 4* as others have said
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    He should have had a power that simulates losing his limbs.  And if he loses all limbs, the match ends in a draw.  

It should be called "'Tis but a scratch!"
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    bbigler said:
    He should have had a power that simulates losing his limbs.  And if he loses all limbs, the match ends in a draw.  

It should be called "'Tis but a scratch!"
    "I understood that reference."
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The 2* team I use for Deadpool Daily consists of Storm, Thor, and Magneto. 

I'm not convinced this lackluster 4* is more useful than any off those. 

Is there a winfinite I'm missing? Does he make a previously low tier character suddenly OP?

I don't get it. I'm trying to, but I just don't understand what they were going for.

Honestly, I'm assuming they made the player voted character tiny kitty weak AF as a way to tell us we suck.  

Can we get full specs on characters next time there's a vote so we know what we're getting?

Or, maybe the people who made and tested the character can jump in and tell us the point of this guy.

Anyway, the art looks cool thus far though, so... There's that.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Or, maybe the people who made and tested the character can jump in and tell us the point of this guy.

The devs used to do this for a new character.  It was actually pretty nice to hear the thought process behind a character.  Then they stopped doing this and never explained why.
  • bbigler
    edited April 2022
    Options

The devs used to do this for a new character.  It was actually pretty nice to hear the thought process behind a character.  Then they stopped doing this and never explained why.
    (Dear mods: This is a fictitious conversation)

Devs: Hey everyone, we have an exciting new character that takes advantage of CD & Repeater tiles!  She can drain AP in 2 colors, make loads of attack tiles while removing enemy SAPs and do lots of passive team health bursts!  She can even instantly resolve friendly CD & Repeater tiles too.  You guys will love her.  We can’t wait to see the team combos you all come up with.  She can help you through really tough battles.  Enjoy!

Players: Abby is trash! Back to hoarding until the devs eventually release something good.  Do they even play their own game?  How can they release such bad characters?

Devs: Fine! We’re never telling you again what a character is for, you’ll have to figure it out on your own.  
  • Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    The Charcter Art for Black Knight is Awesome, but the powers are weak. The Devs are better off not doing anymore surveys. if there going do characters like Black Knight injustice. makes wonder if the game is on autopilot mode. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Just when you thought his damage is bad, here comes a double whammy: he's not a feeder.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just when you thought his damage is bad, here comes a double whammy: he's not a feeder.
    OH COME ON!  :#
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lol, somebody sure hates poor ol' Dane! Maybe one of the Devs has an unrequited crush on Kit Harrington and this is their revenge!
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bbigler said:

Devs: Hey everyone, we have an exciting new character that takes advantage of CD & Repeater tiles!  She can drain AP in 2 colors, make loads of attack tiles while removing enemy SAPs and do lots of passive team health bursts!  She can even instantly resolve friendly CD & Repeater tiles too.  You guys will love her.  We can’t wait to see the team combos you all come up with.  She can help you through really tough battles.  Enjoy!

Players: Abby is trash! Back to hoarding until the devs eventually release something good.  Do they even play their own game?  How can they release such bad characters?

Devs: Fine! We’re never telling you again what a character is for, you’ll have to figure it out on your own.  
    Saying she's trash is not the same as complaining about being told the intent of her design. 

Completely different issues. 

Which means you're "fictitious conversation" is irrelevant and only serves to depict the devs as petulant and irrational. 

It's like a child saying "if you don't like my drawing, you can't play with my toys".

If you're down with the devs, though, could you ask them why they did this to the community voted character?
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And the list of characters that need to be reworked 5 years later keeps growing...
  • bbigler
    Options
    bbigler said:

Saying she's trash is not the same as complaining about being told the intent of her design. 

Completely different issues. 

Which means you're "fictitious conversation" is irrelevant and only serves to depict the devs as petulant and irrational. 

It's like a child saying "if you don't like my drawing, you can't play with my toys".

If you're down with the devs, though, could you ask them why they did this to the community voted character?
    The point I was trying to make is that if the devs told us what a character was designed for (meaning team makeups), we would still be very critical and judgmental, generally speaking bad about the new character.  This would obviously offend the devs, because we just called their new baby ugly.  

I think that’s why they don’t talk to us; we’re overly critical of everything they do.