**** Black Knight (Dane Whitman) ****

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022
    Interesting powers but like people have said, numbers are embarrassingly low for a 4*, 2* powers might be stronger.
    My level 123 2* Storm does 2235 damage and a 4 turn stun.  

My 2* Marvel at level 97 has a 9 black AOE that hits for 757
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    The art looks awesome like a 5* but the numbers are kind of like the pets avengers.
    I think this is the first 4* dealing AoE ignoring protect. That and destroying a row and special tiles could justify the numbers.
    He needs to be damage multiplied by a partner, obviously. 
    And his best use could with the cds spammers and charged tiles meta, although overlapping colors with a lot of them.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If he gains aps when he destroys charged tiles, I don't mind the low damage.
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 635 Critical Contributor
    Can any of the devs confirm these numbers are correct for us please?  If not its the biggest mistake since Olaf the hairy ordered the viking helmets with the horns on the inside.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 595 Critical Contributor
    ...... How long does it take to realize you messed up and fix these numbers that are obviously a mistake?

I really hope they're a mistake. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    If he gains aps when he destroys charged tiles, I don't mind the low damage.
    The problem is that he only destroys charged tiles in his alternate form when a count down expires. That's going to be hard to do because it requires another character on the team with a count down that can expire while he is in alternate form (it's possible his own Black expiring won't count).

His Green specifically says no damage OR AP gain from destroyed tiles. I'm *hoping* it means only the extra attack/protect/strike and not the ones from the row too but I fear it means both so that all the green does beyond the pitiful AOE damage is just a board shake (no damage or AP).

KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    I think Coulson can help, but it's somewhat risky unless you have a lot of countdowns on the board to reduce the probability of his cd expiring. 

I think it might meant all. It's a little difficult to come up with a good team for him now because of the few unknowns.  He's probably the feeder for Sersi though.

Is random row destruction (first started by Moon Knight) the next thing for this quarter after Q1 was filled with healing/damage reduction? 

I can't wait for May 5*. I think we'll get alternate Strange as 5* because he's as popular as Spiderman and Captain America.
  • bbigler
    I think Coulson can help, but it's somewhat risky unless you have a lot of countdowns on the board to reduce the probability of his cd expiring. 

I think it might meant all. It's a little difficult to come up with a good team for him now because of the few unknowns.  He's probably the feeder for Sersi though.

Is random row destruction (first started by Moon Knight) the next thing for this quarter after Q1 was filled with healing/damage reduction? 

I can't wait for May 5*. I think we'll get alternate Strange as 5* because he's as popular as Spiderman and Captain America.
    It would be fun to come up with an evil 5* Strange design.  Should he be similar but opposite in function?  Like……

A Green passive that triggers on friendly powers firing, which does a 2K AOE plus 3K true heal on the most dmg character

A 9 Black power that hits for 16K and places a 3-turn CD tile that generates 1 AP per turn and stuns for 3 turns when it resolves 

A 6 Red power that creates 6 x 260 Black fortified strike tiles.  
  • KGB
    edited April 2022
    I'd settle for them just re-balancing the existing 5* Strange. Adjusting his health/match damage to that of modern 5* and tinkering with his power set (ie reduce Yellow cost from 14 to something more reasonable like 9 or 10) and boosting the damage on Yellow/Blue would be all we need.

For new characters we can get a 4* Strange and/or a 5* America Chavez (since she's featured in the movie as well).

KGB
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    I could see evil Dr Strange as a 5 star tie in for the movie.  I think Shuma Gorath was also shown in the trailers.
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 89 Match Maker
    edited April 2022
    it looks like shuma gorath, but it apparently is a creature named gargantos. i read somewhere (can't recall where) that there is some sort of licensing issue with shuma and that is why they used gargantos. 

found the source!

https://www.cbr.com/doctor-strange-2-shuma-gorah-renamed-gargantos/
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 635 Critical Contributor
    Ok so I'm guessing Dane does indeed have the power of a small child. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2022
    Maybe we get both reworked Dr Strange and a new Dr Strange? Dr Strange has appeared in special stores "excessively" in the recent months.

At least Black Knight will feed Sersi, despite his baby damage? Or will he feed someone else instead? This is probably the Black Knight from comics, rather than from MCU. So, he might feed someone else instead.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sersi, Crystal and Dane were involved in an Avengers love triangle back in the day, so maybe he feeds them both!
  • kirk justice
    kirk justice Posts: 60 Match Maker
    It could be the community just doesn’t see how this character is meant to be used, but if the community reaction is right, it feels really bad that a character that won the community poll is so lack luster. Why does it feel like the devs are afraid to release new meta characters? Why should I be excited for these new characters when characters that are 1-2 years old are way better?
  • bbigler
    edited April 2022
    Well, you can read his powers in detail in the game now, and his Black DOES NOT generate AP when destroying charged tiles.  

So…..he’s practically useless 

Edit: his yellow power is showing 5 AP instead, which still just makes it OK for what you get in return 
  • HoundofShadow
    Destroyed tiles deal damage. The next important question: is he going to feed Sersi?
  • KGB
    The next important question: is he going to feed Sersi?
    Is he a feeder is pretty much the only question for him given his super weak stats.

KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2022
    After giving him a little thought, 4* Beast + Bishop should be really fun with him. + 2 yellow aps to speed things up by at least 1 turn, if you want to. Match yellow and let him go airborne, then creates 5 protect tiles every turn for 2 turns. Bishop should start converting 2 protect tiles and 5 basic tiles to blue when you have 6 protect tiles on the board. Focus on either yellow or red. When you make a match-3 or more with at least 1 friendly special tile in it, you gain additional 3 aps of that colour due to Beast's passive. When you have enough blue aps,fiire Beast's blue cd to create up to 6 attack tiles every turn. Then focus on matching yellow and then start firing Bishop's blue to stunlock enemy team. It's not a fast team but it should be fun.

These are the other variations or other teams, but I haven't given them any thoughts yet.

Echo, Coulson, Karolina Dean, Mysterio, Super Skrull, Red Guardian, Heimdall Crystal.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022
    That final reduction on yellow AP from 8 to 5 is something epic! They should had hear our wishes...
    If you can link BK with polaris everything will be ok. So...
    Yellow level 5 creates 5 protects per turn, great for polaris.
    Thanks to hulk TA the green could see a speed improvement. Hulk also can create many charged on green and black. 
    And then BK fires green, destroying a row, wich possibly will destroy a special tile for polaris, and opening possible cascades.
    And then change the team for BRB, BB, loki, throg, etc...