Make Classic Legendary Tokens look distinct from Latest Legendary Tokens

124»

Comments

• JRYUART
    JRYUART Posts: 95 Match Maker
    If we think of these decisions in terms of human factors or human psychology, it makes sense. Humans crave control, flexibility, instant gratification, new things and predictability. All these are precious to us. What happens if you don't have all the above? You feel helpless, stucked, impatient, bored and depressed.

Let's take it that the dev owns the game. In order for them to cede some control to you, they want something in return. 

Just look at Bonus Hero vs Shards. We had tradeoffs in return for flexibility/control. Even updated Shield Training gave half a cover instead of a full cover equivalent. Why didn't bonus shards give only 500 5* shards or 400 4* shards? Instead, most of the bonus 4*/5* shards are 50. 

I don’t presume that we have much control over anything regarding the way the game is set up.  If that were the case, the first thing I’d suggest wouldn’t be a revamp of the currency system, it’s for them to fix the MMR, but that’s for another thread. 

That said, I don’t begrudge the devs being profitable .  At all.  I want them to be profitable.  This is a symbiotic relationship.  The more players, the more profit.  Ideally, the more *happy* players, even more profit.  And by happy, I don’t mean that we get everything that we want.  But that the experience isn’t also so lopsided.  A whale can whale their way to a 550.  A hoarder can hoard their way to 550.  Same result except one had to spend a lot of money, the other had to spend a lot of time.  In both cases, something was spent.  But we have to acknowledge that the actual meta of this game is how we have, over the course of 8+ years, tried to game the game (hoarding , using Line/discord/etc) to optimize our experience within the confines that they have set, with how we play, and how we spend.  This will always be the case and it’s a fine line.  However, there is always room for improvement and acquiescences, from both sides. Look at the blowup from the UX change last year and both sides made concessions.  No one is talking about the UX change now.  We moved on.  
    Shouldn’t we use this classics package as another instance in which both the devs and the players bring up other areas of the game that can also be improved upon?  
    Don’t give us the farm, cause then it would be a hella boring game if there was no goals to work towards (work). But, do try to understand how the consumers want to consume and perhaps make it a little easier (and clearer) so that they might want to stick around a bit longer.  If Costco had those delicious chickens available, but stuck them at the top of a 10ft shelf that you yourself had to climb up and get, that chicken is gonna stay put.  You had me already in the store.  Why are you making me work even harder when I’m already in the store? 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    For LT conversion, it touches on another problem: Whales. Whales gather to buy Stark to get 140 cps. Imagine LTs in all part of the game gets converted to CP. Placement rewards, DDQ, Shield Training etc. Will spending increase or decrease?

CP & HP were traded for the flexibility and control we have for bonus shards today. The question to ask is, how much CP and HP are you willing to lose to get LT converted to CP permanently across every part of the game?

• JRYUART
    For LT conversion, it touches on another problem: Whales. Whales gather to buy Stark to get 140 cps. Imagine LTs in all part of the game gets converted to CP. Placement rewards, DDQ, Shield Training etc. Will spending increase or decrease?

CP & HP were traded for the flexibility and control we have for bonus shards today. The question to ask is, how much CP and HP are you willing to lose to get LT converted to CP permanently across every part of the game?

How would the game change?  Is preventing anyone from gaining CP only going to shake up anything? CP’s can already be used to purchase anything an LL can.  If the purpose of a buyclub is to gain more cp, they can do that right now but that doesn’t mean that they will go spend it in the LL store. They will have the same ingame spending habits as they do now - spending is often predicated on if the character is predicted to be “good” or “distinctly useful”.  If that happens to be the case, they will spend.  The only thing I can see happening is that the ones with the most CP, whaled or hoarded, will be able to target specific classic characters *when they are offered in a special store* - something that the devs have complete control over with the offerings at their discretion.  If that happened, which it just did with the Good Fortune store, then you are going to see more players with the characters that they are wanting, in which they usually want the “meta” characters and being able to acquire them.  Does this mean that the devs are actually deliberately designing and deploying the rare meta characters where they know beforehand what will encourage sales by virtue of their relative efficacy and then some that are just phoned in? If so, gross.  
  • HoundofShadow
    Humans are selfish creatures and they seek self-interest. They seek to maximise benefit and minimise cost so that they can get the most and pay the least for their choices. In the end, turning LTs into CPs without any tradeoff is a huge disadvantage to the dev.

In the past, the dev used to make offer threads frequently. Unfortunately, the responses in those threads are usually snarky and they decided to stop making such threads, or make it look low-profile. I remember seeing offer threads pinned often in 2018/2019.

Anyway, in order for LTs to be converted to CPs without any tradeoff, major event must happen. For example, a 6* is coming out and a new currency comes with it. So, you can't use CP/LTs to hoard for 6*. Or maybe they decided to come up with new currency to let everyone upgrade support to R5. 

• JRYUART
    Humans are selfish creatures and they seek self-interest. They seek to maximise benefit and minimise cost so that they can get the most and pay the least for their choices. In the end, turning LTs into CPs without any tradeoff is a huge disadvantage to the dev.

In the past, the dev used to make offer threads frequently. Unfortunately, the responses in those threads are usually snarky and they decided to stop making such threads, or make it look low-profile. I remember seeing offer threads pinned often in 2018/2019.

Anyway, in order for LTs to be converted to CPs without any tradeoff, major event must happen. For example, a 6* is coming out and a new currency comes with it. So, you can't use CP/LTs to hoard for 6*. Or maybe they decided to come up with new currency to let everyone upgrade support to R5. 

I’d pay 5000cp right now if I could buy specific 5* supports.  Where do I click?
  • HoundofShadow
    Supports > CPs. Cash seems to be the preferred currency for Support, but it's still subjected to RNG  :D

I don't mind trading my champed 5* for Supports.  B)
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    Well, I bite for it too. I thought it was a cheap offer but recently Google gave me a discount offer which uses to alterate prizes in game so I thought that was the reason. 
    So if the goal was to tricky fishing some buckets, I am in the basket.
    And even I have suggestion for to not deceive people: just a white letter "C" inside the icon, or just showing classic characters, things like that could make people realizing that it is the first time they offered classics. 
    After saying that, well it's not so bad to have 10 classic tokens, but obviously if I knew it I wouldn't bought it.
    If they implemented classic tokens for rewards inside new content, well I would think I was dreaming.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    I wouldn't mind classic tokens taking the place of lesser tokens, or being extra (last part don't happen).

I just got the 40 pack in the fearless Electra store and the result was about 36 2*s and 4 3*s. (I knew better, but I had the HP and needed to feed the farm anyway) Which seems about right for any store where 2*s are an option 

That being said, replacing tokens with better tokens is something I'd support. 4*or better would be welcomed over 2* or 3* or better tokens, which is what classic would be.

If they replace CP or LL with CL though, that would be absolute trash. 

Lastly, the offer selling CL just seems slimy.  Those who buy offers like this look at the emblems.  It's not even on purpose anymore. You see the emblems and you know what's in the store. Your brain ignores the words because you already read the shorthand.

Anyway, just my 2 CP on the issue.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    So the colour change suggests they are here to stay so the question becomes...what happens next?
  • HoundofShadow
    They can come up with more Classic Tokens cash bundle without players looking for after-sale support?  :D
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    They can come up with more Classic Tokens cash bundle without players looking for after-sale support?  :D

Well Zing, I guess!
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe SCL11 is coming and all of the tokens will be bumped up a level over those awarded at SCL10. Elites instead of standard up to Classics instead of Mighty.