Make Classic Legendary Tokens look distinct from Latest Legendary Tokens

justsing
justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
So based on the newest offer in the game, Classic Legendary Tokens are now a thing. Except they have the same icon as Latests Legendary Tokens, making it hard to differentiate at first glance. 

Devs, could you please make their pictures / icons slightly different? Something like adding a C and L, so that it’s less confusing? 

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,588 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just make the ring silver, an easy and simple change.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,787 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not going to bother me because I don't buy them, but is this first time they have offered them?

I wonder which reward in the chain is going to get swapped out for a classic reward?!
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Hopefully none
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whoa, that's new and different.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    I imagine they're just testing this to see if anyone will buy it. 

I also imagine that absolutely nobody will buy this, because most players wouldn't pick up a classic token if they found one lying on the ground.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,588 Chairperson of the Boards
    The price is to steep for what it is. Maybe 20 tokens for $20.00 would entice some people.
    Since the pool is so large and the draw rate is low you will likely never actually pull the classic you want.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd spend a Classics token if I got one, but I'd much prefer the 20 CP, and I definitely wouldn't pay anything substantial for it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    hm; yeah i like spending into classic, but i'm pretty not stoked at the idea of a reward tree shakeup where they remove CP if that's on the roadmap.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    What’s not to love here? You have a 0.24% chance to get the 5* you want from a Classic token.  With 10 pulls, that goes up to 2.4%! 

But if you’re not so picky, you have a whopping 80.4% chance to get any 5* in 10 pulls.  Wouldn’t you spend $40 for an 80% chance of a random 5* cover?

Plus you have that load of 4500 HP you can spend on the daily shard store, which would total 1/3 of a 5* cover.  
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,787 Chairperson of the Boards
    hm; yeah i like spending into classic, but i'm pretty not stoked at the idea of a reward tree shakeup where they remove CP if that's on the roadmap.
    Pitch forks at the ready! Swapping out CP for a classic token is just the kinda crazy I’m expecting.
  • entrailbucket
    If you spend in a buyclub you get 140CP for $100.  That's long been the gold-standard, most efficient way to spend money.

This offer gives you the equivalent of 200CP for $40.  Obviously there's a discount applied because these CP can only be used in classics, but it's $60 less for 60CP more.
  • bbigler
    If you spend in a buyclub you get 140CP for $100.  That's long been the gold-standard, most efficient way to spend money.

This offer gives you the equivalent of 200CP for $40.  Obviously there's a discount applied because these CP can only be used in classics, but it's $60 less for 60CP more.
    So does that mean you’re buying it then? 
  • entrailbucket
    bbigler said:

So does that mean you’re buying it then? 
    How dare you
  • entrailbucket
    Players spend money all the time on way worse deals than this, was the point.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Borstock said:
    When you can make a purchase with just a few clicks, a visual distinction between the two tokens would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm arguing this for a friend, obviously. I mean, obviously I would never make the assumption these were latest tokens and accidentally buy it based on that, then immediately regret the decision. Just like I would never finish all my clears on the first day of a 48-hr sub because I didn't realize it was a 2-day. Just like I would never try a shield hop without realizing I had no more shields left.
    What do you take me for? I mean, really, I'm starting to get mad at you people for making these assumptions about me. IT WAS FOR A FRIEND!
    I bought this offer too and I'm pretty upset. I just sent customer support an email for a refund. Sure there's worse things I could of spent on but thats not the point.

I agree it's silly they used the same graphic for Classic tokens as they do for Latest Legends. Every other token has a distinct unique graphic to distinguish them apart and Classic tokens shouldn't be any different. It's very confusing to players and I feel like a thread should have gone out in general as well informing Classic tokens are now a thing. Had they done either of the above they could have avoided a lot of confusion with players. 
  • bbigler
    Maybe this means they’ll start giving out Classic tokens (in addition) to our normal rewards.  The dilution does continue to get worse.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    Maybe this means they’ll start giving out Classic tokens (in addition) to our normal rewards.  The dilution does continue to get worse.  
    There is no way they would be purely additional based on past behavior. I, for one, would love to see them replace mighty tokens, mighty tokens replace heroics, and heroics replace elites in SCL10 and pvp SCL10 rewards perhaps. but i don't want them necessarily worked into the reward tree of a character in place of anything else. I could see them replacing iso-8 in the 5* reward trees though. Then it would be LT/CT/CP/HP in rotation rather than having a slug of iso 8 that nobody getting champ rewards on 5*s is realy dying to get.
  • entrailbucket
    I think it's unlikely, because nobody wants them.
  • bbigler
    I think it's unlikely, because nobody wants them.
    Extra covers are always useful