Make Classic Legendary Tokens look distinct from Latest Legendary Tokens

Comments

• Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    I'll take as many as I can get.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe you'd take classic tokens if they were added to rewards as an extra, but that's not how it works in this game.  They really don't just add extra stuff ever, they'd have to replace something in the current reward structure.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Here is the reply customer support gave me regarding a refund. 

"Unfortunately, as the items included in the bundle are listed in the bundle's description, we would be unable to provide a refund in this case. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Last purchase I ever make supporting this game. 
  • Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Maybe you'd take classic tokens if they were added to rewards as an extra, but that's not how it works in this game.  They really don't just add extra stuff ever, they'd have to replace something in the current reward structure.
    True, but it would be nice if they throw it in to something like the simulator. Let's as 100 wins or 3,000 points. It will be something to shoot for, and I'll take that all day or once a month lol.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    At least 2 in my alliance bought it already , even after I chatted a caveat the tokens are CLASSIC . Their response was “ We’re not complete idiots we can read the offer , it’s a good deal for me”
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember there are players who want to see Classic Tokens in progression rewards because they don't want to spend their cps on Classic. 

Since Classic is worth 20CP and it gives 3 5* shards and 15 4* shards, we're definitely going to get some tradeoffs: fewer hps and cps. The only way they will be added for "free" is that some major changes are coming to the game that cause Classic to be worth as much Mighty, like a 6* is coming or they are closing the game.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I gotta admit.  I would be pissed if I bought this offer thinking its LTs.  The graphic is confusing, and to my knowledge there has never been a prior "classic" token design.  We've always had to buy those tokens 20cp a pop.  So I do think its a bit deceptive.  In fact every other "non" LT store has featured a distinctive and different central emblem.  So I do think its reasonable to assume that "hoardable" classics should have a differentiated graphic.

That said, this is also the first time they've ever sold/offered a classic token beyond a 1 off purchase.  So I can easily believe this was an issue that escaped QA review.  In the future, I would demand a differentiated graphic and I do think we should have a developer statement clarifying the graphic.

Knowing their CS procedures.  This is a tricky situation.  Even if you didn't open those tokens.  Aside from the accidental prerelease  Coulson graphic cover, they have never deleted an item from a users account.  So I don't think they have a real mechanism to reclaim the tokens.  In all likely hood, they would essentially let you keep those tokens (remember during the time of swaps.  the procedure was sell the cover and they would reissue a new one, you kept the extra iso lol)

So in this case, they would have to "eat" the cost of refunded purchases or wait till the offer closes and do a business case determination if its just easier/fairer to give an equivalent number of LTs.

I have no intention of purchasing, so I have no standing to push this issue.  but I think they should wait till the offer ends.  give buyers who complained an equivalent number of LTs and update the graphic stat.

In any case,  someone on the Dev side should address this issue and make a promise to update the graphic

@LakeStone
    @IceIX

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    tonypq said:
    Phumade said:
    I gotta admit.  I would be pissed if I bought this offer thinking its LTs.  The graphic is confusing, and to my knowledge there has never been a prior "classic" token design.  We've always had to buy those tokens 20cp a pop.  So I do think its a bit deceptive.  In fact every other "non" LT store has featured a distinctive and different central emblem.  So I do think its reasonable to assume that "hoardable" classics should have a differentiated graphic.

That said, this is also the first time they've ever sold/offered a classic token beyond a 1 off purchase.  So I can easily believe this was an issue that escaped QA review.  In the future, I would demand a differentiated graphic and I do think we should have a developer statement clarifying the graphic.

Knowing their CS procedures.  This is a tricky situation.  Even if you didn't open those tokens.  Aside from the accidental prerelease  Coulson graphic cover, they have never deleted an item from a users account.  So I don't think they have a real mechanism to reclaim the tokens.  In all likely hood, they would essentially let you keep those tokens (remember during the time of swaps.  the procedure was sell the cover and they would reissue a new one, you kept the extra iso lol)

So in this case, they would have to "eat" the cost of refunded purchases or wait till the offer closes and do a business case determination if its just easier/fairer to give an equivalent number of LTs.

I have no intention of purchasing, so I have no standing to push this issue.  but I think they should wait till the offer ends.  give buyers who complained an equivalent number of LTs and update the graphic stat.

In any case,  someone on the Dev side should address this issue and make a promise to update the graphic

@LakeStone
    @IceIX

The respons that they gave me after requesting a refund "Unfortunately, as the items included in the bundle are listed in the bundle's description, we would be unable to provide a refund in this case. We apologize for any inconvenience."

It still feels silly that they can't work out some accommodation. I'm not going to lose my house over this purchase lol, but to me it's the principle of the thing. 

I don't know about most of you but when I twice over special offers every day, I'm not paying much attention to whatever words or phrasing they put in there. There's really been no reason to when they visually display what you're getting in the offer. When I seen the LL token icon, I assumed that's what I would be getting. Especially since there has never been Classic tokens until now apparently and they never mentioned Classic tokens in any thread on this forum. 

For something new like Classic tokens, you'd think there would have been a thread on the forum. You'd also think the devs would have had enough common sense to give the tokens a different visual appearance,  to clearly differentiate between Classic tokens and every other token. Or more importantly between LL and Classic tokens. This just makes no sense to me. 

I'm not a whale but I've spent more money on this game than I'd like to admit and more than any other games I've played, also supported it for years with 2225 days played. I feel like they made quite a poor decision on their end to make an offer go live with Classics using the same graphic as LLs. Also not posting a forum thread or a in game pop-up to put a spotlight on this offer and avoid confusion. Feels like a slap in they face they aren't willing to do anything here or meet one half way at all, but they won't get another dollar out me. 
    escalate this to
    @LakeStone
    @IceIX
    I'm sure this was a mistake on their end and most likely its not their intent to confuse players with legendary and classics.  That said we should expect and demand a better differentiated graphic on future versions of this offers  

CS is the same no matter what industry or segment.  So I'm not really that surprised or disappointed by their response especially since they probably have no other guidance.  You should lookup GamersNexus , NewEgg on youtube to get a perspective on CS 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    Maybe this means they’ll start giving out Classic tokens (in addition) to our normal rewards.  The dilution does continue to get worse.  

I sense a change is gonna come...

• DAZ0273
    bbigler said:
    Maybe this means they’ll start giving out Classic tokens (in addition) to our normal rewards.  The dilution does continue to get worse.  
    There is no way they would be purely additional based on past behavior. I, for one, would love to see them replace mighty tokens, mighty tokens replace heroics, and heroics replace elites in SCL10 and pvp SCL10 rewards perhaps. but i don't want them necessarily worked into the reward tree of a character in place of anything else. I could see them replacing iso-8 in the 5* reward trees though. Then it would be LT/CT/CP/HP in rotation rather than having a slug of iso 8 that nobody getting champ rewards on 5*s is realy dying to get.

I mean in game terms a Classic token *should* (but to most players isn't) be worth 20CP right? So I guess we have to figure out where in any reward structure that would fit in - sadly I don't think Mighty tokens is the answer. It could also mean a change to Champions rewards? I mean they surely haven't just created these things *just* for this one offer?
    You know where there are some gaps in reward tables? PvP. Both regular and Season.
  • DAZ0273
    On the topic of the Token design - yes, that really is too similar to a Latest Legend Token. Maybe a nice shade of red or even a stylish black would be a better choice?
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    On the topic of the Token design - yes, that really is too similar to a Latest Legend Token. Maybe a nice shade of red or even a stylish black would be a better choice?
    Brown would be a good colour for classic Legends tokens :smile:

Anyway, I had a similar issue with Customer services a while ago. During my 2nd year of playing the anniversary store dropped. The one that had 80 or 100 things in a vault and you spend hp for 1,10 or 40 pulls.  

I accidentally did 40 pulls on the PVE vault (they were the same hp cost). As soon as I noticed, I didn't apply any of the covers and asked CS to reverse my mistake. They didn't comply. So I went to Reddit and maybe 80% of the people there were on CS side, my mistake etc.

So what happens when I see this CL token deal? I look at the cost per token and think "wait a minute, they have been pushing the £5 per LL price for a while now. These are about £2.50 per token!!" It didn't click with me until I bought it that the reason for the cheapness was that they are CL not LL. In fairness, they did say multiple times on the screenshot that they are classic tokens. But as we all know many users autopilot and look at a glance then make a decision.

What did I pull from my 10 CLs I hear you asking?  

10x4stars. I didn't even get a 5star lol. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    i would propose that setting up autopilot buying is more than likely intentional. Just pay attention to where all the “collect reward” and “okay, I saw this announcement” buttons are when the pop ups appear, and where the “buy this deal” buttons are.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I wish I was rich like these other players who literally just buy over $40 worth of stuff without even bothering to READ what they’re buying . I’m jealous 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    I wish I was rich like these other players who literally just buy over $40 worth of stuff without even bothering to READ what they’re buying . I’m jealous 
    You're the eye doctors wife, surely there's money in the budget to make the same mistake myself and others did lol :)

Joking aside many of us have developed a bit of tunnel vision with the offers. With every offer showing icons for tokens, shards, and so forth, we quickly glance at the offer if something looks worthwhile. Whether one didn't read the description or just impulse bought based on the token icon used, they still made things more confusing than need be. There should be a new graphic for classic tokens and really should of been an announcement on the forums that Classic tokens were being implemented. 
  • Beefhammer69
    Beefhammer69 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    edited February 2022
    As others have mentioned, the introduction of “Classic Tokens” is a slippery slope. They’ll never just “give” additional rewards, so reward structures will be altered somehow. Likely meaning CP slots in champ rewards and event progressions will be replaced with Classic Tokens. That is a big no from me, as someone who hasn’t pulled a Classic in almost two years. If they find a way to work them into the current rewards structure without completely stunting CP growth, I’ll be shocked. And yes, if these are going to be a thing moving forward, for the love of god update the graphics for them. Making them visually identical to LTs is at best ignorant and at worst intentionally malicious. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    What if they take the 18cp off the 1200pt mark in pvp, and replace it with the CT that is on paper, a reward increase of 2cp in value? Another example of the quantitative analysis that ignores the value proposition of flexible spending.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    What if they take the 18cp off the 1200pt mark in pvp, and replace it with the CT that is on paper, a reward increase of 2cp in value? Another example of the quantitative analysis that ignores the value proposition of flexible spending.
    Players would absolutely lose their minds if they did that.  I think a bunch of people would get upset if they replaced mighty tokens with classics.  Some percentage of players would get really mad if they replaced a 250 iso reward with classics.

Nobody wants classics.  Some players might take them if they were free (I say might, because I really think some wouldn't take free ones) but no one will give up anything of value for them.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didn't Latest or Classic Tokens got converted to CP in pvp a few years back because players wanted flexibility?