**** Melinda May (Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.) ****

Options

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I understand the restriction to once per turn because that’s the way the devs want her to be played. They don’t want people to exploit the mechanics of the game. I particularly understand this because I’ve made games myself and had to create rules or limits so that the game is played as intended. 

Nevertheless, there are winfinites in this game. 4*Prof X provides one with producing 4 AP on match 5’s. With Shang and a cost reducer, you can infinitely produce match 5’s. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    I understand the restriction to once per turn because that’s the way the devs want her to be played. They don’t want people to exploit the mechanics of the game. I particularly understand this because I’ve made games myself and had to create rules or limits so that the game is played as intended. 

Nevertheless, there are winfinites in this game. 4*Prof X provides one with producing 4 AP on match 5’s. With Shang and a cost reducer, you can infinitely produce match 5’s. 

That's why it's so weird!  If they don't want to make infinite AP generators, that's pretty understandable.  It seems a bit pointless to fix one infinite AP generator when you already have a bunch of other characters that do the same thing. 

Maybe they just don't want to make any *new* infinite AP generators?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some usefulness in "any tile" with the 5 on red, but I think go with 3/5/5.  The extra stun and reduced threshold are probably most needed.   

For more speculation:  feeder options?  I think of the non-fed, Brand is the most logical (SHIELD/SWORD connection) but I think she's too new to go that route so probably not.  

From the show, I think GRRR (already fed) and Sif were both featured (I missed the last couple of seasons, so not sure on more).  So maybe a Asgard connection with Odin.  The MCU Wiki says says Kree came around in the later part of the series, so a Ronan connection is possible.  

I haven't read any comics with her, but from the Marvel Fandom wiki, she helped find a sword for Heimdall (already fed), so another potential Odin connection.  After, she had a team-up with Scarlet Witch in the comics, so that might be the most logical (and they were both in TV/streaming series).  

If the feeder trend continues, I think Ronan or Scarlet Witch are the probables. 

Or maybe Havok, because May arrives just before Summer(s).

I think Kate Pryde feeding Yellowjacket (as opposed to Magneto, Havok, Cyclops or Colossus,) showed us pretty conclusively that the new 4* may well feed someone totally illogical and they're doing feeders in some kind of rough chronological order, probably leaning toward less popular characters.  Here are the characters that don't have feeders, in that order:

• Havok
    • Samurai Daken
    • Deadpool
    • Magneto
    • Colossus
    • SW
    • Knull
    • Ronan
    • Odin
    • Shang-Chi
    • Ultron
    Did I miss anyone?  Anyway, seems most likely it will be Havok or Daken, unless they pitch us someone random like Ronan, but he's pretty recent for this list I think.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Havok came out 2 years ago. At this point I want him to get a feeder just because I feel bad for the guy.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Havok came out 2 years ago. At this point I want him to get a feeder just because I feel bad for the guy.
    I forgot Havok was in the game. I have him and all ... Just forgot he was there.

Now I feel bad for the guy.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,287 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald said:
    Some usefulness in "any tile" with the 5 on red, but I think go with 3/5/5.  The extra stun and reduced threshold are probably most needed.   

For more speculation:  feeder options?  I think of the non-fed, Brand is the most logical (SHIELD/SWORD connection) but I think she's too new to go that route so probably not.  

From the show, I think GRRR (already fed) and Sif were both featured (I missed the last couple of seasons, so not sure on more).  So maybe a Asgard connection with Odin.  The MCU Wiki says says Kree came around in the later part of the series, so a Ronan connection is possible.  

I haven't read any comics with her, but from the Marvel Fandom wiki, she helped find a sword for Heimdall (already fed), so another potential Odin connection.  After, she had a team-up with Scarlet Witch in the comics, so that might be the most logical (and they were both in TV/streaming series).  

If the feeder trend continues, I think Ronan or Scarlet Witch are the probables. 

Or maybe Havok, because May arrives just before Summer(s).

I think Kate Pryde feeding Yellowjacket (as opposed to Magneto, Havok, Cyclops or Colossus,) showed us pretty conclusively that the new 4* may well feed someone totally illogical and they're doing feeders in some kind of rough chronological order, probably leaning toward less popular characters.  Here are the characters that don't have feeders, in that order:

• Havok
    • Samurai Daken
    • Deadpool
    • Magneto
    • Colossus
    • SW
    • Knull
    • Ronan
    • Odin
    • Shang-Chi
    • Ultron
    Did I miss anyone?  Anyway, seems most likely it will be Havok or Daken, unless they pitch us someone random like Ronan, but he's pretty recent for this list I think.
    Onslaught?  Probably second oldest after Havok without a feeder.  

I think going chronologically is important, but I feel like the thematic connection (even if tenuous) is probably more important.  Electro came after Ronan, so all those on the list without feeders were passed over for a better thematic connection to Doc Ock as the latest 4. 

Yellowjacket came after Magneto, and while Magneto/Havok would have been thematically appropriate, Yellowjacket was the villain in the Marauders run on which Kate Pryde is based, so they went with recent connections rather than classic connections, but still relevant.  
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Onslaught?  Probably second oldest after Havok without a feeder.  

I think going chronologically is important, but I feel like the thematic connection (even if tenuous) is probably more important.  Electro came after Ronan, so all those on the list without feeders were passed over for a better thematic connection to Doc Ock as the latest 4. 

Yellowjacket came after Magneto, and while Magneto/Havok would have been thematically appropriate, Yellowjacket was the villain in the Marauders run on which Kate Pryde is based, so they went with recent connections rather than classic connections, but still relevant.  
    Oh, interesting!  That makes sense, then, I had no idea.  But Echo to Cyclops seems pretty random to me, as does Ikaris to Hulk. I guess if they have a connection they use it, but if they don't they go with something weird.  Ikaris to Hulk because they're both immortal, Hydra Stomper to Killmonger because they were both in "What if?" ... no idea with Echo (but I don't know much about Echo.)  Maybe it's "we'll go with any connection we can think of, even a tenuous one."
    Anyway, I missed Onslaught as he was sandwiched between a lot of 5*s that got feeders, here's the revised list:
    • Havok
    • Onslaught
    • Samurai Daken
    • Deadpool
    • Magneto
    • Colossus
    • SW
    • Knull
    • Ronan
    • Odin
    • Shang-Chi
    • Ultron

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It’s so obvious she’ll feed Boba Fett
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So does she actually have a horse? I feel like she should have one - maybe a S.H.I.E.L.D gadget type horse because otherwise how is she the Cavalry? She is just a regular type of save the day spy. #givemelindahorse
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    So does she actually have a horse? I feel like she should have one - maybe a S.H.I.E.L.D gadget type horse because otherwise how is she the Cavalry? She is just a regular type of save the day spy. #givemelindahorse
    Agent Coulson yellow power is Call The Cavalry 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So her steed is the Quinjet?
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Agent Coulson yellow power is Call The Cavalry 

She needs to be in that then!
  • DAZ0273
    edited January 2022
    Options
    dianetics said:
    So her steed is the Quinjet?

Hmm. Feels a bit cheaty to me.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I'm started to feel quite miffed now at the deception being full wrought here. I did a google search for "Melinda May on a horse" and not one single result was found! This girl has never even seen a horse, let alone ridden one or saved anybody whilst riding one. Who gave her that nickname? Were they being sarcastic? Is there perhaps an episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. where it is revealed she is a Centaur?
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Looks like a powerful support character! I'm a little worried that the countdowns when an enemy wakes up may be too strong combined with other passives. It's good to be a little worried about characters.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Valkyrie can give Melinda May a ride on her horse. Doing this will give your main attacker +7aps every turn if you can fulfill the conditions. While it won't be a winfinite, a consistent +7ap per turn Is pretty good. SC has already been mentioned. Other characters would be anyone with a 7 ap or fewer nuke in their strongest colours.

In short, team setup would be Valkyrie + Melinda May + characters with 7ap or fewer nuke in strongest colour.

PvEs provide you with greater flexibility because they allow you to change the strongest colour of your team with the right support. Yellow Jacket or iHulk (change strongest colour to red but healthpack intensive) could be interesting. Sabretooth and Black Cat could be great addition as well.
  • Breadsticks
    Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    Seems like we're getting a lot of decent SC partners but they're mostly 4* which doesn't help him on defense for PVP. 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Seems like we're getting a lot of decent SC partners but they're mostly 4* which doesn't help him on defense for PVP. 

Isn't it a bit too much for Shang to be good on defence for PvP? He can already one shot, winfinite and true heal!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Options
    SC is in some ways, similar to Okoye. They can increase true heal amount based on certain conditions, increase damage greatly in their own ways and are glass cannons.