• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2022
    Options

Would prefer if this cover was chosen

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Huh... Honestly happy to see her. We needed more Shield Agents. I believe with her we can make a pretty powerful full team. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The numbers aren’t as good as I hoped, but she’s still a good character. The cheap stun is good, the damage reduction works for 4*s like Polaris but it won’t slow down 5*s. The 3 AP gain is great for Shang, plus the damage threshold is lower than I expected. The health bursts when taking damage only matter with 4*s. Her red power isn’t bad in 4* land. 

Overall, I think she’s a better 4* partner for Shang than Valkyrie. 
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 362 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Still looks pretty good, thought he yellow is worded a bit oddly.  Do you get AP in your team's strongest color, or the strongest color of whatever ally did the % damage?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Options
    As others have said, solid numbers.
    She will be an AP generating machine similar to how Bishop was. Should be able to go winfinite with Shang Chi if the enemy health it's crazy (at 100K health he just needs to do 8K via Red which should be very doable with his combo points). Might also get a stun lock team in pick 3 with Polaris/Grocket since Blue is the strongest color and Polaris can dish out mega damage.
    KGB
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3-turn stun for 5 is very strong, and I like the idea of the CD that sticks around.  I think the reduction is enough to shut down Polaris cascades?

Her AP generation ability is shockingly fair.  Yes, she'll generate 3AP for you in somebody's strongest color basically every turn, but that ability can only fire once per turn.  It's very good but not broken.  Maybe they're learning!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There wasn't any restriction (once per turn) in the sneak peak. I wonder if it refers to it's 3 allies x 3 aps per turn or 1 ally x 3 aps per turn gained.
  • slow
    slow Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Literally best timing to say this : "Thanos was right!"
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There wasn't any restriction (once per turn) in the sneak peak. I wonder if it refers to it's 3 allies x 3 aps per turn or 1 ally x 3 aps per turn gained.

It went from saying "Whenever" to "Once per turn". Or 1 turns as the stun description puts it.That is a big difference. Especially in the world of Shang-Chi and other characters that can hit hard  multiple times per turn.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dang, it does say once per turn. Perhaps that was the last minute change that delayed the announcement. That changes the ability from being broken to good. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They did make a last minute change. Initially, it said whenever.... That was my inspiration for winfinite. Now it's changed to once per turn. However, I don't know if the 1x cap's referring to the entire team or or per ally. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is she from the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D TV show? I have only ever seen one episode and don't remember her. She seems quite cool and I look forward to running her with Maria and Nick in DDQ - hopefully they have some synergy. 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pair her with MeH and BWIW.  

It will be nuts.  

reduces her stun to 3 blue cost once BWIW's yellow is out on the board.  
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A 3AP stun is bordering or maybe even definitely overpowered. This game is maybe too reliant on stuns - it might be time to look at more ways to counter them outside of the few we have. Maybe a character who can remove stuns or shorten them (they would need to be stun proof themselves)
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Once time per turn... it's the first time we see a condition like that...
    And it reminds me of something I suggested last week albeit for a totally different theme.
    My guess is that we'll see this condition often in the future.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Some usefulness in "any tile" with the 5 on red, but I think go with 3/5/5.  The extra stun and reduced threshold are probably most needed.   

For more speculation:  feeder options?  I think of the non-fed, Brand is the most logical (SHIELD/SWORD connection) but I think she's too new to go that route so probably not.  

From the show, I think GRRR (already fed) and Sif were both featured (I missed the last couple of seasons, so not sure on more).  So maybe a Asgard connection with Odin.  The MCU Wiki says says Kree came around in the later part of the series, so a Ronan connection is possible.  

I haven't read any comics with her, but from the Marvel Fandom wiki, she helped find a sword for Heimdall (already fed), so another potential Odin connection.  After, she had a team-up with Scarlet Witch in the comics, so that might be the most logical (and they were both in TV/streaming series).  

If the feeder trend continues, I think Ronan or Scarlet Witch are the probables. 

Or maybe Havok, because May arrives just before Summer(s).

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Options

I think you are most likely correct with Ronan but I hope it is this one if only because it seems the most random. I have also heard Shang-Chi as speculation, and though my roster would be happy with that I think that would annoy me more than anything. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Once per turn most likely means that she can only generate 3AP per turn.  My guess would be that they tested her and, shockingly, found a character who could generate infinite AP to be broken.  It's a bit strange that they did something about it, but that's a good sign!  This saves them having to fix her later.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options

I think you are most likely correct with Ronan but I hope it is this one if only because it seems the most random. I have also heard Shang-Chi as speculation, and though my roster would be happy with that I think that would annoy me more than anything. 
    I'm guessing either Ronan (bc of the agents of SHIELD/Kree connection) or Shang-Chi due to shared Asian heritage. My Ronan dropped out at 9 so I'm rooting for him, but I'd be happy with any feeder, really.