**** Melinda May (Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.) ****

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Take note about her ap gain:

You will gain the strongest ap colour of whoever deals 8% of enemy total/max health first.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MM’s blue passive + Gamora’s yellow stun is really nice. The board fills up with MM’s CDs. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    For some reason, Gamora's red is bugged in day 2 5* essential node. Even with 2 downed enemies, she's still dealing 10k damage instead of 30k damage.

I have tested her in shield sim and it's working fine. So, I guess it's bugged for that specific node.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For some reason, Gamora's red is bugged in day 2 5* essential node. Even with 2 downed enemies, she's still dealing 10k damage instead of 30k damage.

I have tested her in shield sim and it's working fine. So, I guess it's bugged for that specific node.

I'd have never found that out. I used Melinda's Red every time to generate 10K damage and create matches for colors I needed. Combined with Valkyrie it make short work of Riri/Mockingbird/Bot mode since I could fire Melinda's Red every turn (I hunted Blue religiously to keep at least 1 of them and sometimes both of Riri/Mockingbird stunned).
    KGB
  • Djbob101
    Djbob101 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Does she feed anyone? If so who is it exactly? Ronan? 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    From reddit, she's not feeding anyone.
  • Djbob101
    Djbob101 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Oh thats sad, because she is actually good and it would be nice for another cover.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had a look and I only saw one comment and that one said "unsubstantiated", so fingers crossed it's bad intel...
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had a look and I only saw one comment and that one said "unsubstantiated", so fingers crossed it's bad intel...
    Not bad intel. It is straight from a whale’s mouth unfortunately. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not bad intel. It is straight from a whale’s mouth unfortunately. 

Yeah, I've heard it from other sources, and by this point there are definitely people who could have champed her.
    It really sucks, actually.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I tried teaming Valkyrie and Melinda May with SC. It didn't work really well for my roster in scl 10. I think it will work for Adam Warlock or any character with passive ability that hits hard. Melinda May's passive ap gains requires 1 hit that deals 8% of enemy max hp. Matches via cascades count as separate hits. In SCL 10, the trigger can range between 5.6k to 24k.  There's something I'm missing from their interactions. Maybe someone can come up with more ideas.

If you want a no frill (without constant checking of who has a bounty placed on) ap gains in strongest colour, I think Melinda is better, if you can guarantee 8% trigger point every turn, else Valkyrie is better for more consistent ap gain because we can accumulate the damage dealt to enemy.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Actually I think purple is the best SC color and that may or valkirye can't grant it for him.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    You can use support to increase his strongest colour to purple, but it's still limitating.
  • Sekilicious
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I tried teaming Valkyrie and Melinda May with SC. It didn't work really well for my roster in scl 10. I think it will work for Adam Warlock or any character with passive ability that hits hard. Melinda May's passive ap gains requires 1 hit that deals 8% of enemy max hp. Matches via cascades count as separate hits. In SCL 10, the trigger can range between 5.6k to 24k.  There's something I'm missing from their interactions. Maybe someone can come up with more ideas.

If you want a no frill (without constant checking of who has a bounty placed on) ap gains in strongest colour, I think Melinda is better, if you can guarantee 8% trigger point every turn, else Valkyrie is better for more consistent ap gain because we can accumulate the damage dealt to enemy.
    The 8% will look better and better the closer you get Valkyrie to 370 or against lower health opponents. There is probably a good trio with Apocalypse if the opponent has low enough health. Provided Apoc has his yellow out and adding protects you can almost guarantee 7 black ap per turn. Not winfinite, but pretty good.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited February 2022
    Options
    The trigger is 5466 for 370 Valkyrie. 

However, it does depend on who the enemies are in pves and which scl you are playing. For scl 10, I'm using a range of 70k to 300k hp for Melinda May's calculation. So, Valkyrie's cd look better. Between these two, it heavily depends on your roster strength and scl chosen.

I do like gaining ap without having to check who I have to trigger against, and Melinda May has a cheap stun which can turn a match around. I think both are good and have their own strengths and inconvenience. 
  • Sekilicious
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Oh yeah, I was thinking as a 4* player at lower SCLs and any PvP. MM will trigger at 1.2k against a 15k health Polaris as an example, which would be great if you’re running her with Grocket and Polaris, in addition to SC or Apoc. The 8% also removes the incentive to run her at lvl70. There are a few Valkyrie’s in my PvP that show up with 5k health (MM with trigger at 400 damage here). On the other hand, not having to check her target makes her better on defence than Valkyrie. Especially if the strongest left out is a stun. Or Apoc.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did the wave node with polaris and kitty 4.
    It was great! As polaris is more leveled each time there was more and more blue and kitty just added more damage and passives. 
    Fast and fun trio.
  • Sekilicious
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Just tested with boosted Apoc and 3/3/4 lvl70 May, Valkyrie against Kingpin, Venom, and Demolisher. So much black ap, haha. I never did get enough yellow but did fire black every turn. 

I tested further on the last wave node in Pick-3 of Howard’s PvE. I even fired yellow twice so that protects we’re being put out every turn. It is slower than Grocket, Polaris, boosted Kitty but pretty effective. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I prefer to keep my Valk as low as possible. 275-280 seems to be the break for single matches. I want to get shards for her to begin a new Valk without max champing her so I can get the rewards on a secondary character I don’t use.

The stronger she gets the weaker she is in her current use case.