**** Melinda May (Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.) ****

Options

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Cyclops and Echo are both phoenix hosts.

Huh.  Yep, I looked her up on the Marvel wiki, and that is definitely a thing.  Another thing I didn't know.  Okay, so lets look up May, then:
    So she's connected to Heimdall, but he already has a feeder - still that can lead to Odin.  She actually has a pretty good connection both through Wiccan and directly to the Scarlet Witch... wouldn't that be nice?
    That's about all I see.  She's a good martial artist, so I suppose you can link her to Shang-Chi, but that smacks of "well they're both Asian, so that's the connection."  Same with Daken, but even more tenuous.  In the TV-Show because they dealt with the Kree a few times, we could draw that to Ronan - that's about all the connections I can see from there.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Valkyrie can give Melinda May a ride on her horse. Doing this will give your main attacker +7aps every turn if you can fulfill the conditions. While it won't be a winfinite, a consistent +7ap per turn Is pretty good. SC has already been mentioned. Other characters would be anyone with a 7 ap or fewer nuke in their strongest colours.

In short, team setup would be Valkyrie + Melinda May + characters with 7ap or fewer nuke in strongest colour.

PvEs provide you with greater flexibility because they allow you to change the strongest colour of your team with the right support. Yellow Jacket or iHulk (change strongest colour to red but healthpack intensive) could be interesting. Sabretooth and Black Cat could be great addition as well.

Considering that this character does a 3-turn stun for 5 AP if you bring a 5* that tanks blue all it could take is a blue match on the first turn against a lower health opponent to net 10 blue AP and stun two opponents for 3 turns on the second turn. With a good amount of events being pick 2 with a loaner that might as well be a winfinite.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smells like Ultron is the right candidate. Slap some supports that creates strike tiles on the board and you are good to go, or go face some tough opponents and Valkyrie creates it for free.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Melinda can help SC on defense, as long as the enemy has been stunned, the cd doesn't get matched, and until 5 turns. 
    Gamora's yellow could be used for this purpose. 
    And you could change SC for another one because that's a crazy task, thinking it better. 
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    So does she actually have a horse? I feel like she should have one - maybe a S.H.I.E.L.D gadget type horse because otherwise how is she the Cavalry? She is just a regular type of save the day spy. #givemelindahorse
    I read that as #give me Linda horse. Now I propose Linda Horse as the next 5* & Agent May can feed her...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,624 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    So does she actually have a horse? I feel like she should have one - maybe a S.H.I.E.L.D gadget type horse because otherwise how is she the Cavalry? She is just a regular type of save the day spy. #givemelindahorse
    I read that as #give me Linda horse. Now I propose Linda Horse as the next 5* & Agent May can feed her...
    Is Linda a wonder horse? I am all in on that.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    An Agent May/ Aunt May team up would be great , hoping for a May release 
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    An Agent May/ Aunt May team up would be great , hoping for a May release 
    Launch with Mayday Parker too and give us our first triple character, all Mays!
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald said:

Huh.  Yep, I looked her up on the Marvel wiki, and that is definitely a thing.  Another thing I didn't know.  Okay, so lets look up May, then:
    So she's connected to Heimdall, but he already has a feeder - still that can lead to Odin.  She actually has a pretty good connection both through Wiccan and directly to the Scarlet Witch... wouldn't that be nice?
    That's about all I see.  She's a good martial artist, so I suppose you can link her to Shang-Chi, but that smacks of "well they're both Asian, so that's the connection."  Same with Daken, but even more tenuous.  In the TV-Show because they dealt with the Kree a few times, we could draw that to Ronan - that's about all the connections I can see from there.
    Yeah, that's why I am thinking Scarlet Witch or Ronan.  Seem the 2 most logical connections based on comics or show.  I'm leaning towards Ronan because of all the Kree stuff in the show
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    GrimSkald said:

Yeah, that's why I am thinking Scarlet Witch or Ronan.  Seem the 2 most logical connections based on comics or show.  I'm leaning towards Ronan because of all the Kree stuff in the show
    My 12/13 Ronan hopes you’re right unless it’s the first cover (543)
  • DAZ0273
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Valkyrie can give Melinda May a ride on her horse. Doing this will give your main attacker +7aps every turn if you can fulfill the conditions. While it won't be a winfinite, a consistent +7ap per turn Is pretty good. SC has already been mentioned. Other characters would be anyone with a 7 ap or fewer nuke in their strongest colours.

In short, team setup would be Valkyrie + Melinda May + characters with 7ap or fewer nuke in strongest colour.

PvEs provide you with greater flexibility because they allow you to change the strongest colour of your team with the right support. Yellow Jacket or iHulk (change strongest colour to red but healthpack intensive) could be interesting. Sabretooth and Black Cat could be great addition as well.

Considering that this character does a 3-turn stun for 5 AP if you bring a 5* that tanks blue all it could take is a blue match on the first turn against a lower health opponent to net 10 blue AP and stun two opponents for 3 turns on the second turn. With a good amount of events being pick 2 with a loaner that might as well be a winfinite.

So Melinda is kill on sight just like Polaris. Unless she is with Polaris in which case I guess it is a toss up.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So Melinda is kill on sight just like Polaris. Unless she is with Polaris in which case I guess it is a toss up.

Or Bring someone immune to stun to tank them :D  
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I see a fair amount of BRB/Pol/MM in pick 3 in the future.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Srheer0 said:

Or Bring someone immune to stun to tank them :D  

Peggy, Hydra Stomper, MM at 4* level sounds about right but I will have Apoc & Kitty for her PvP so no worries!
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GrimSkald said:

My 12/13 Ronan hopes you’re right unless it’s the first cover (543)
    I think it's always the first cover.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wish they would just give 400 shards instead of a cover.  I was all excited when throg came out and got him a bunch of levels, before realizing his 180 was a green.  My beta ray bill is like 5/1/1 =(!
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smells like Ultron is the right candidate. Slap some supports that creates strike tiles on the board and you are good to go, or go face some tough opponents and Valkyrie creates it for free.
    Ultron + Valkyrie + May = Stunlock in 4 turns is how I’m reading this. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If we compare it with Polaris variation,

Polaris is offensive and deals passive damage every turn. Sometimes, you can luck into triggering Valkyrie's +4ap cd tile without making any move at the start of the turn. You could trigger her cd as early as your first match of the game.

As for May, she could heal allies, and together with Valkyrie, nets you +7 blue aps per turn after Ultron has boosted the strike tiles enough to deal 8% of opponent's total health. You must make a match or fire a power in order to trigger Valkyrie's cd. I would say this team will get the stun and ap gain engine moving much slower than Polaris. However, May is the only who can target enemy special tiles or set up matches with her red, if needed. If Apocalypse got his repeater tiles out, May'll destroy all of them.

Each has their own + and -. Anyway, I can't wait to try her out with Valkyrie. Hopefully, Ultron is the required 5* for her shield training.  :D
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    I’m thinking Heimdall possibly over Ultron I’ll try them both but a 3 turn stun at 3 AP is pretty tempting 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wish they would just give 400 shards instead of a cover.  I was all excited when throg came out and got him a bunch of levels, before realizing his 180 was a green.  My beta ray bill is like 5/1/1 =(!
    Usually it's the strongest color cover at level 280, after that 100 shards at level 295, 150 shards level 298, 250 shards at 300, at it repeats at level 315 onwards 4 times.