Character Rebalance - ***** Jean Grey (Phoenix) *****

Comments

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    I forgot how good she is with Storm. With Valkyrie, the strongest color is green cuz of Jean. Storm and Jean just manipulate the **** out of the board dropping cascades and making really long turns. But before it didn’t mean much because Jean was so weak. 

Now, there’s some substance.
  • CongoFury
    CongoFury Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    @IceIX any hope of Silver Surfer or Thanos getting another rebalance…or possible although many may say she doesn’t need it but Storm getting a slight rebalance? Since the Jean Grey rebalance has gone over well with many. I wouldn’t know necessarily since my Jean has not seen a cover in years since I actually acquired a second one on her day at 910 from the daily rewards. Whew! Lol. 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Next on the list of rebalance should be thanos and hulk bb 

powers for thanos are fine but his match damage points are 200 down on most newer characters and when you consider how powerful he is in both comics and mcu he should be scoring higher

hulk banner needs quite a rework though when boosted he is ok 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos’s purple should be a start of battle passive 1-turn repeater if we are changing any powers. Leave Court Death alone and do whatever you want with his green.
  • CongoFury
    CongoFury Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2022

powers for thanos are fine but his match damage points are 200 down on most newer characters and when you consider how powerful he is in both comics and mcu he should be scoring higher

I always forget about Hulk BB as I have a few covers for him but nothing for him to actually compete. But you are correct he really needs a complete overhaul...especially being one of the early 5*s introduced into the game.

Thanos’s purple should be a start of battle passive 1-turn repeater if we are changing any powers. Leave Court Death alone and do whatever you want with his green.
    I agree. his court death is fine really and does not need much of a touch up. But that super expensive and highly match away green can use a rework for sure. His purple I am not really sure what else they can do to make it more reliable in the sense. I mean I always like how it keeps other powers from firing and dropping any special tiles on the board. But I know its suppose to increase his match damage. But it never feels like he becomes any stronger when you activate it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I have also in the past proposed that his purple be a unique tile (like boss thanos’s infinity stones) that appears at start of battle and does why it does until matched away, and then it just doesn’t come back.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    I have also in the past proposed that his purple be a unique tile (like boss thanos’s infinity stones) that appears at start of battle and does why it does until matched away, and then it just doesn’t come back.
    Imagine the bugs involved with this.
    If you have Thanos and Grocket on the same team will Gockets strikes get placed at start of battle or will it depend on team ordering?
    Since players stuff gets placed 1st can your own Thanos block enemy Thanos from placing his purple along with any other start of battle stuff they might have?

If they upgraded his match damage to reflect current standards the extra match damage would hit a lot harder. Then maybe make it so that as long as Thanos was the one who makes the match, it increased the CD by 1 (so he could in effect keep it going forever).
    KGB
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm afraid of them redoing Thanos because Court Death is way too good.  I feel like the character is balanced by having one ability that's super awesome and two others that are pretty much trash. 

If they made the other two abilities not be garbage I'd be worried about them making Court Death worse. 

It's sort of the same situation with Black Suit Spiderman...his passive needs to stay right where it is, because sometimes you really need that and nobody else can do it.  But I'm afraid that limits how much other useful stuff he's allowed to do.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2022
    Are those bugs, or features? I’d say if something is a start of battle passive you just lose out when Thano5 shows up. Elsewise ot could be a Start of Turn passive and that removes that particular problem.

for what it’s worth though a full on number pump, touch nothing but the lamp style adjustment to Thano5 would be fine by me as well. But he awould shift into meta status maybe right away if his purple were out passively.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2022
    That sounds like a fun idea.  How about when you destroy his gauntlet it scatters his gems onto the playing field,  so it would add the multi colored special skulls from thanos boss event that either team could take advantage of depending on who matches them.

It would make you think,  do I want to destroy his gauntlet or do I want to risk that they'll get the full heal gem or the massive ap gain gem.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m a fan of making his purple a 5/6-turn unique tile to start the match with the match damage boost and the tile manipulation prevention. That would be so amazing. It would make the match damage meta amazing and make him a great partner with Adam warlock. 

And of course pump up his match damage. 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards

I vote for Black Bolt before those two. Black bolt mainly needs the health & match buff treatment.
  • entrailbucket

I vote for Black Bolt before those two. Black bolt mainly needs the health & match buff treatment.
    It would also be nice if they changed his yellow power to something that's occasionally worth using.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor

It would also be nice if they changed his yellow power to something that's occasionally worth using.
    Black Bolt was the first 5-star that I rostered and kept. I got so much use out of his yellow when I eventually started rostering more 5-star characters.
  • entrailbucket
    MegaBee said:

Black Bolt was the first 5-star that I rostered and kept. I got so much use out of his yellow when I eventually started rostering more 5-star characters.
    The effect isn't bad!  It just costs way too much for what it actually does.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Especially when Odin does it passively for free
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    I'd like to see Banner, OML, and Ironman get the next rebalancing.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I like the underlying concept of Banner, but the implementation is definitely not optimal in practice. I’d also welcome that.
  • Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    @IceIX
    When the next rebalance character comes in, can we get a recruit vault for them. Like we did Ghost Rider. 

Thanks