MPQ Winter 2021 Holiday Plan!

124»

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who wants to take a shot at ranking all 60+ 5* characters by their power level in canon. I’ll be sad to see my guy MCU Daredevil at the bottom. Scrolling through I think it’d be super difficult. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m confident the marvel trading card rankings can help with most of them.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021

I think it might be easier grouping them as there are a few who you can argue the toss over at either end as strongest/weakest. By all means feel free to pick the below apart.

Human/Athlete

Daredevil, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Gamora, Star-Lord, Shang-Chi, Kingpin, Kilmonger, Yelena Belova, OKOYE!

Enhanced Human/Super powered/Lower power Mutant

Wolverine, Black Panther,  Wasp, Yellowjacket, Kitty Pryde, Daken (Wolverine)

Superhuman/Mutant

Green Goblin, Doc Octopus (with arms only), Archangel, Gambit, Rescue, Electro, Jessica Jones, Spider-Man, Captain America

Elite Superhuman/Omega Mutant

Iron Man, Cable, Storm, Iceman, Magneto, Professor X, Havok, Carnage, Mister Sinister

God/Cosmic/Planetary threat

Silver Surfer, Thor, Loki, Sersi, Heimdall, Ronan, The Hulk (Bruce Banner), The Hulk (Immortal), Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), Deadpool (Spirit of Veangence only), Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock, Onslaught, Ultron, Scarlet Witch, Black Bolt, Beta Ray Bill, Apocalypse,

Elite God/Cosmic/Universal threat

Phoenix (Jean Grey), Cyclops (Phoenix Five), Colossus (Phoenix Five),  Knull, Hela, Odin, Thanos, Doctor Doom (God Emperor)

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    I'd drop Apocalypse to the God/Cosmic/Planetary threat tier, but that's a solid listing.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2021
    There’s a few I’d move up or down a single tier but that feels right in broad strokes. I’d say comics Shang-Chi is just a dude who trains martial arts, but MCU SC obviously has those magic rings going for him. And I’d maybe swap Kitty and JJ for each other but that’s kind of whatever. OML specifically grew himself back from getting eaten by Old Man Hulk, even though his healing factor was pretty tired. Not like cosmic threat level offense, but that’s a pretty elite healing factor I guess? 
  • DAZ0273
    For some reason I completely blanked on Shang Chi and his ten rings. If only they had that information in the film title... :#
    Wolverine is a tricky one I agree. His healing factor has the potential to make him border line immortal but at the end of the day he is still just a street level kind'a hero in terms of his other powers. Maybe he could go up a level I guess.
    Jessica is super strong so that is why I put her in the higher category - the MCU Cap skews this a bit also as he appears to be super strong as well so possibl;y he should be in the tier above.
    I also agree with MegaBee that I overegged Apoc.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2021
    Deadpool, even in his base form, is one who can be hard to rank. He too has an elite level healing factor. Pretty sure I've seen him regrow a body from just a head at some point? He kind of has that Roger Rabbit style "as long as it's funny..." type of powerset

Okoye should definitely be in "human athlete" tier. 

I agree about MCU Cap - that time he punched a jet out of the sky was pretty dope.
  • DAZ0273
    I completely forgot about Okoye...
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Not sure if anyone pointed it out or said anything but they repeated the Devil Dinosaur Taco event again. Using any Spider Man variant once a day gets you a Far From Home token. Just beat a level with Back in Black and got a token, 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards
    Venomous said:
    Not sure if anyone pointed it out or said anything but they repeated the Devil Dinosaur Taco event again. Using any Spider Man variant once a day gets you a Far From Home token. Just beat a level with Back in Black and got a token, 

Yes, got a token just now. Would be nice to know how many days this will run?
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alfje17 said:
    Venomous said:

Yes, got a token just now. Would be nice to know how many days this will run?
    The vault closes in 7 days. 

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Maybe a question that has little relevance now that the No Way Home vault is ending soon, but I was wondering if it makes any difference if you use a loaner Spiderverse character (eg 3rd node Big Wheel) or an owned SV character to get a token for that vault.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Or, consider, Spider-Man is a street level hero with just enough power to be the neighborhood watch. Bringing him to fight Thanos should be like bringing a local track star to the Olympics. 
    MCU Spiderman is kind of a comic relief character, but Symbiote Suit Spiderman was pretty badass. Adult Peter Parker comic's version is also pretty self reliant, not needing Tony Stark's help to deal with omega level Electro, Venom and Carnage or even Juggernaut.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    What's up with the Holiday Limited Vault?  Is it no longer happening or delayed?  Already a day behind..
    Or was it in fact the Winter Wonderland vault?
  • emswad
    emswad Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2022
    I too was wondering what happened to the Holiday Limited Vault... details TBC.
    Supposedly 30th Dec-2nd Jan. 
    I've emailed support but had no response as yet....
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Winter Wonderland is the holiday vault. How often do you see a 80-items vault with 3000hp in it?