MPQ Winter 2021 Holiday Plan!

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've just seen spider-man spider-verse2 teaser and that just made my day.
    Hoping a great tie-in.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fingers crossed for a complete Kingpin rework for Spider Verse 2.

This boss event was Vulture’s launch event. He wasn’t available in the initial run, but he slays in it every time now
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If there's a rework, we'll probably be made aware of it now. I remember Dr Ock had a rework due to some Spiderman tie-in.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76497/doctor-octopus-classic-character-update-12-12-18

Rebalancing old characters generates a lot of interest, so it's something they would like to share early. 

Dr Ock rework anniversart is on 12/13, which is in another 3 days' time.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure why they would re-work Spider-Verse Kingpin now for a movie that is the best part of a year away (and which may not even feature him in).
    Boosting Goblin's numbers would be nice though.

• mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Not sure why they would re-work Spider-Verse Kingpin now for a movie that is the best part of a year away (and which may not even feature him in).

Black Suit Spider-Man could use a boost & AP cost reduction
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mdreyer93 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Such a shame they didn’t make him ignore shield tiles too. Then they could leave his AP costs as far as I’m concerned! This game needs a meta spider man. They left Parker without a partner for too long.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    mdreyer93 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Such a shame they didn’t make him ignore shield tiles too. Then they could leave his AP costs as far as I’m concerned! This game needs a meta spider man. They left Parker without a partner for too long.
    His green already does ignore protect tiles.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's so weird because he has that passive that's not...good, necessarily, but when you need it you really need it and nobody else can do that.

If they rebalanced him he'd absolutely have to keep that, which unfortunately kind of limits how good the rest of his powers can be.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spider as a 1*,3* and 4* is ok.
    But on 5* tier he should be amazing and really helpful to his partners, it's the character's esence.
    He really needs a rebalance. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Or, consider, Spider-Man is a street level hero with just enough power to be the neighborhood watch. Bringing him to fight Thanos should be like bringing a local track star to the Olympics. He is faster than me and you, but would they even win a medal on the world stage? Maybe spider-man is exactly as good as he should be? (But also buff everyone lol)
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Or, consider, Spider-Man is a street level hero with just enough power to be the neighborhood watch. Bringing him to fight Thanos should be like bringing a local track star to the Olympics. He is faster than me and you, but would they even win a medal on the world stage? Maybe spider-man is exactly as good as he should be? (But also buff everyone lol)
    Comparing Spider-Man to a local track star is just VASTLY under estimating how powerful spider-man is.  Spider-man is fast enough to doge machine guns at point blank range and has dodged lasers (literal beams of light).  His spider sense also gives him omnipresent awareness of his surroundings and actions going on around him (Proffesor X has said that spider-man is borderline precog) 

Not to mention that spider-man has not only gone toe to toe with the hulk, he's KO'ed him before.  When doc ock took over spider-man's body during the superior spider-man arc he was shocked at how strong spider-man actually is and accidentally took a dudes head off with a light jab and came to the realization that spider-man is constantly holding back his true strength when fighting for fear of accidentally killing them.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    I just don't know what you'd actually do with him, assuming he has to keep his passive as is, and that he can't become good or useful compared to the top tier guys.

If you just fix his numbers and drop the AP cost on his green to the point where you can actually cast it, I think it makes him actually be good, and we can't have that.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Comparing Spider-Man to a local track star is just VASTLY under estimating how powerful spider-man is.  Spider-man is fast enough to doge machine guns at point blank range and has dodged lasers (literal beams of light).  His spider sense also gives him omnipresent awareness of his surroundings and actions going on around him (Proffesor X has said that spider-man is borderline precog) 

Not to mention that spider-man has not only gone toe to toe with the hulk, he's KO'ed him before.  When doc ock took over spider-man's body during the superior spider-man arc he was shocked at how strong spider-man actually is and accidentally took a dudes head off with a light jab and came to the realization that spider-man is constantly holding back his true strength when fighting for fear of accidentally killing them.
    To be fair the local track star in Road Warrior’s community is Usain Bolt. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I maintain the difference between Peter Parker and say....Thor probably is about the same delta as the difference between a southeastern US regional track star and Usain Bolt. But depending on your region, I guess your mileage may vary.

And in point of fact, I do share a hometown with this local track star who went to the olympics and didn't quite medal: https://www.wfla.com/sports/olympics/tampa-native-erriyon-knighton-to-run-in-mens-olympic-200-meter-track-final/#:~:text=TAMPA, Fla.,Noah Lyles (19.74 seconds).

But Marvel says Spider-Man is a "super human" level of strength, relative to Thor's "incalculable" strength for whatever that's worth

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And this is why the number of stars on a character can't correspond to how powerful we think they are.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    And this is why the number of stars on a character can't correspond to how powerful we think they are.
    That's why we have star ratings! 

5* Spiderman should be better than all 4*, and exactly as good as every other 5*.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I know you're playing devil's advocate, but with that logic, Okoye needs a massive nerf and GE Doom, Knull, Odin, Ultron, etc need to be much, much better. I know in-game power level doesn't match comic power level, but there are many I'd consider more "street level" than Spidey.

Going full geek here, but he's definitely at superhuman levels. He can throw a semi-truck, can move faster than the eye can follow,  has rapid healing/regeneration, superhuman agility/reflexes, precognition, indomitable will, genius intellect, is a world-class inventor/engineer, and is the avatar of the mystical spider totem.

But I'm biased, lol...
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okoye is the most badazz in the MCU. Thanos should have trembled in fear when she stepped on the battlefield. 
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    mdreyer93 said:
    ...Okoye needs a massive nerf...
    Careful, everyone will get very angry with you!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    If they want to right-size the 5* tier I wouldn’t mind tbh, so long as those good good powers don’t just go away and instead end up on more appropriate characters. But thats a titanic undertaking I don’t expect to happen.