MPQ Winter 2021 Holiday Plan!

Options

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    instead of double iso can we get double CP instead?  I am sitting on 12,060,438 ISO right now.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime said:
    instead of double iso can we get double CP instead?  I am sitting on 12,060,438 ISO right now.
    Funny, 12 million iso would leave me only 26 million short of completely champing the 4* tier. 
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wymtime said:
    Funny, 12 million iso would leave me only 26 million short of completely champing the 4* tier. 

It would only leave me about 4 million short. And then you have all the 5s that are sitting at 255/270.... likely another 3-4 million.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    it takes about 575k iso to take a 5* from 0 to hero after paying the champ tax. 4 million will get you...6 5*s champed?
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    12 million?  Must be new.  I have 38,093,745 as of right now, with all available levels bought.

Can't wait for double iso!
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I always wondered why double ISO doesn’t apply to red ISO as well?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ptahhotep said:
    I have like 2 million red iso right now. It's fairly easy to hoard considering how many dupes you can get from support tokens.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    it takes about 575k iso to take a 5* from 0 to hero after paying the champ tax. 4 million will get you...6 5*s champed?

That is what is holding me up. I'm almost able to champ every new release 5* that comes out. Right now I pretty much champ a set and then skip a character to make sure to have enough to champ the next set.
    So I'm having to decide between champing 5s and champing 4s.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Ptahhotep said:
    I have like 2 million red iso right now. It's fairly easy to hoard considering how many dupes you can get from support tokens.
    I have a suspicion that's only true of those who were playing the game when supports were introduced. A year ago, I did have a bit of a hoard of red iso, but then they introduced milestones, which gave me a lot of new supports and rapidly depleted my hoard. Now with puzzle gauntlets helping me fill out that support roster, I imagine it will be a very long time before I can start hoarding again.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

That is what is holding me up. I'm almost able to champ every new release 5* that comes out. Right now I pretty much champ a set and then skip a character to make sure to have enough to champ the next set.
    Classic roster advice was to champ from the top down, but if you are resource limited I would encourage you to widen your resource generation field and champ the 4*s with the most saved covers unless it’s a particularly good 5*. That advice pre-dates saved covers, when extra (hard to acquire) covers would wither on the vine if you didn’t apply them within 2 weeks. Champing 4s will eventually snowball until you have all of them champed and every pull is then worth some increment towards another pull. Just my 2¢
  • Sekilicious
    Options

Classic roster advice was to champ from the top down, but if you are resource limited I would encourage you to widen your resource generation field and champ the 4*s with the most saved covers unless it’s a particularly good 5*. That advice pre-dates saved covers, when extra (hard to acquire) covers would wither on the vine if you didn’t apply them within 2 weeks. Champing 4s will eventually snowball until you have all of them champed and every pull is then worth some increment towards another pull. Just my 2¢
    I agree with this strategy. I would add if you have SCL10 for full progression in PvP and PvE the optimal play is to champ all 4*s before worrying about spending iso on 5*s. The 4* farm is where the majority of accessible resources (5*s are too rare for everyone but those at endgame) are in this game, but they need to be champed to get them unlocked. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I don't think you need to go all-in on 4s before you champ 5s, especially if you are playing SCL10 where you really need 5*s to finish in any reasonable amount of time. But there are 5*s, and then there are good 5*s, and you'll want to make sure you're prioritizing the latter. As we've all kind of noticed, there are very few game-shaking 5*s that come out any given year.
  • Sekilicious
    Options
    Out of curiosity, does the S6 event mean that Ultron shards are being skipped? How do these things normally work?
  • Sekilicious
    Options
    I don't think you need to go all-in on 4s before you champ 5s, especially if you are playing SCL10 where you really need 5*s to finish in any reasonable amount of time. But there are 5*s, and then there are good 5*s, and you'll want to make sure you're prioritizing the latter. As we've all kind of noticed, there are very few game-shaking 5*s that come out any given year.
    So though I might get some of the the details wrong I read a story on Reddit a while back that once that someone hoarded to get to 5k pulls, basically hoarding since Okoye/Thor were meta (That was their main team for placement in SCL10) to 5witch/Colossus were in LT. Skipping the Apocalypse and iHulk store along the way. When they finally pulled they max champed 8 meta 5* characters with trades. I'm not saying it is the only strategy and most will have trouble hoarding that long. My point is that once you are comfortable in SCL10 there are multiple strategies to progress your roster. Most require all 4*s to be champed, so it is ok to prioritize champing 4*s over 5*s. But yeah, prioritizing does not necessarily mean excluding the 5* tier.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Ptahhotep said:
    I have a suspicion that's only true of those who were playing the game when supports were introduced. A year ago, I did have a bit of a hoard of red iso, but then they introduced milestones, which gave me a lot of new supports and rapidly depleted my hoard. Now with puzzle gauntlets helping me fill out that support roster, I imagine it will be a very long time before I can start hoarding again.
    I was retired when supports were introduced so I only have one level 5 support and like seven level 4 supports. Pretty much everything else is level 2 or 3. Not to mention that when supports first came out the amount of red iso that you could even earn in the game was miniscule. It wasn't until later when they adjusted the amount that people were really able to level up their supports.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Out of curiosity, does the S6 event mean that Ultron shards are being skipped? How do these things normally work?
    No, the 5s schedule just ignores a Boss event. Ultron was the Placement for HoD so he’ll be the Progression for the event beginning Dec 12th.

Which additionally means it will be a Classic character who’s shards get skipped when the next 5 is released (instead of 5Gamora, who was going to be skipped until the Boss even was included). 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So no holiday 5* vault then? I guess it would have been announced or leaked by now :(
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

What would be cool is if we got Lizard and Electro swapped in as SS bosses (I guess lose Carnage and Vulture?) but I doubt that will happen.
    Vulture was a classic member of the Sinister Six, one of the original one. I think Venom could be replaced with Kraven without changing any of his mechanics. Perhaps changing web tiles to trap tiles for thematic fit. How to replace Carnage I don't know, but Lizard would be another poor fit, IMO. Irrational beasts are not good team members and good ol' Doc knows that.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jacklag said:
    DAZ0273 said:

What would be cool is if we got Lizard and Electro swapped in as SS bosses (I guess lose Carnage and Vulture?) but I doubt that will happen.
    Vulture was a classic member of the Sinister Six, one of the original one. I think Venom could be replaced with Kraven without changing any of his mechanics. Perhaps changing web tiles to trap tiles for thematic fit. How to replace Carnage I don't know, but Lizard would be another poor fit, IMO. Irrational beasts are not good team members and good ol' Doc knows that.
    Lizard isn't an irrational beast though. He's still very intelligent in beast mode. In some early carnations he might have been an unthinking beast but he is generally portrayed as an evil genius with some plan to take over the world and turn everyone into lizard people.  If anything him and doc ock would clash over who should be in charge of the master plan.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jacklag said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I used those two because they are in Spider-Man No Way Home which this run of S6 is supposed to be a tie-in to.