MPQ Winter 2021 Holiday Plan!

Options
Neko
Neko Posts: 91 Site Admin
edited December 2021 in MPQ General Discussion

2021 is coming to an end, which means the holidays are nearly upon us! This year, come celebrate the holiday season with MPQ with holiday themed versus and PVE events, limited characters, holiday vault and quests, along with special holiday events and offers! Details of the holiday season will be listed below, but don’t forget to check back for more news and updates! Stay warm and have a happy holiday season with some tile-breaking fun!

FEATURED HOLIDAY EVENTS

FREE Holiday Login Gift

• FREE daily login token to the Holiday Limited Vault!

• Dec 30 - Jan 2

Holiday Limited Vault

• Details TBA

• Dec 30 - Jan 2

DOUBLE Iso-8

• Get double Iso-8 throughout the holiday season!

• Dec 9 - Jan 2

Holiday Quests

• Complete quests to receive rewards!

• Dec 6 - Jan 3
  • Events that count toward "Win 400 Story Missions Before the Holiday Season is Over (Excluding Deadpool's Daily)" quest:
    • Globe Trotting
    • Johnny Storm's Fireside Puzzles
    • Introducing... Big Wheel
    • Introducing... New Character (TBA)
    • Deadpool vs MPQ
    • Webbed Wonder
    • 12 Days of Marvel
    • Meet Rocket & Groot
    • Fight for Wakanda
    • Honor Among Thieves
    • Infinite Pursuit
  • Events that count toward "Win 60 Holiday Season Versus Missions" quest:
    • All PVP Events tagged with the "Holiday Season" banner
    • If the "Holiday Season" banner is not present, the PVP does not count towards the quest

HOLIDAY PVE EVENTS

Globe Trotting

• Dec 6 - 19

[BOSS] Spider-Man vs. Sinister Six

• Dec 9 - 12

• Spider-Man No Way Home tie-in

Johnny Storm’s Fireside Puzzles

• Dec 13 - 18

Holiday Deadpool Daily - Part 1

• Dec 18 - 23

12 Days of Marvel - Advent Event

• Dec 20 - Jan 2

Holiday Deadpool Daily - Part 2

• Dec 23 - 28

Holiday Deadpool Daily - Part 3

• Dec 28 - Jan 2

Holiday Deadpool Daily - Part 4

• Jan 2 - Jan 7

HOLIDAY VERSUS EVENTS

Holiday Versus Season

• Dec 9 - Jan 3

Naughty or Nice

• Dec 9 - 12

Snowball Fight

• Dec 12 - 15

Evergreen

• Dec 14 - 17

Oops, All Spiders!

• Dec 16 - 19

New Character - Big Wheel

• Dec 19 -  22

Reunions

• Dec 21 - 24

Holiday Character Versus Event

• Dec 23 - 26

Festival of Fights

• Dec 26 - 29

Emma Frost

• Dec 28 - 31

Iceman

• Dec 30 - Jan 2

SPECIAL HOLIDAY OFFERS

• TBA - Check back for details!

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another vault coming up.  :o

I wonder why Holiday Deadpool Daily seems special? 

Double Iso-8 is nice. 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options
    one year they had two crash of titans. I can't quite remember what the rewards were because it's so long ago, but i hope that'll be cool

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That may have been the time Thano5 came out with crash of the Mad Titan?
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yea! That's the one. Good memory.

Do you remember the rewards?
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Really hope they have another fan favorites store.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanos said:
    Really hope they have another fan favorites store.
    Apoc Okoye and Kitty please! Or Apoc Okoye and any other  <3
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Omegased said:
    Yea! That's the one. Good memory.

Do you remember the rewards?

It was a 5 day event that rewarded tokens to Thanos release store and also I think double iso maybe? You had to fight 5* Thanos from a selection of provided characters (I think each day represented a different group like Avengers etc)
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Who’s the woman with the white coat and hood on the loading screen in this new update? I can’t figure out who it is
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MrEd95 said:
    Who’s the woman with the white coat and hood on the loading screen in this new update? I can’t figure out who it is
    Emma Frost in an alternate costume.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    MrEd95 said:
    Huh, I thought it was Yelena

You’re close. It is indeed a Russian, but that is in fact Omega Red in disguise as Alpha White.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    MrEd95 said:

You’re close. It is indeed a Russian, but that is in fact Omega Red in disguise as Alpha White.

Wait: let me just check this.
    "Alpha White" sounds like Alpha Flight. Wolverine was supposed to be the leader of Alpha Flight. Omega Red is a villain of Wolverine. They both enjoy snow fights and warm coats.
    Check completed.
    Omega Red incoming.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options

Maybe a new 4 or 5star for it? Would be nice :D 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    MrEd95 said:
    That's Yelena from her purple power's animation, with 5* Iceman and Holiday Costume Mysterio behind her
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Srheer0 said:

5* Aunt May? 4* Happy Hogan?
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    MrEd95 said:
    That's Yelena from her purple power's animation, with 5* Iceman and Holiday Costume Mysterio behind her
    Oh! I thought they were reusing the previous year's loading screen because it hasn't loaded for me yet.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ***Mod note: Removed off topic comments. Please keep this thread on topic. Thanks!
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Srheer0 said:

I just realized...... Not until you said that did it dawn on me. "Who needs a Monster Truck?". That was the quote..... 

What if this new 5 star is going to be Rhino? We need a Sinister Six member who buffs other Sinister Six members... and the quote fits perfectly for him and would be a great tie in with the movie. 

And if this discussion continues then maybe we should move to the patch notes thread instead. 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Venomous said:
    Srheer0 said:

I just realized...... Not until you said that did it dawn on me. "Who needs a Monster Truck?". That was the quote..... 

What if this new 5 star is going to be Rhino? We need a Sinister Six member who buffs other Sinister Six members... and the quote fits perfectly for him and would be a great tie in with the movie. 

And if this discussion continues then maybe we should move to the patch notes thread instead. 

Why would Rhino buff other Sinister Six members? That seems an odd choice of power to me. Would he not be a tanking/high damage sort of character? I actually prefer him as a member of The Sinister Syndicate but we have literally none of that original team in game so I guess he would get a S6 membership.
    I guess Rhino *could* be a surprise villain in the film but he is not one of the 5 we have seen from trailers who are confirmed so it would be a bit strange for him to be an MCU tie-in to a film he isn't in? I guess "Spider-Man" villain covers it BUT I don't remember ever getting a tie-in character to an MCU release that was purely thematic as opposed to an actual direct link.
    Or I guess...spoilers??!?!?! :#
    What would be cool is if we got Lizard and Electro swapped in as SS bosses (I guess lose Carnage and Vulture?) but I doubt that will happen.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Venomous said:
    Srheer0 said:

Why would Rhino buff other Sinister Six members? That seems an odd choice of power to me. Would he not be a tanking/high damage sort of character? I actually prefer him as a member of The Sinister Syndicate but we have literally none of that original team in game so I guess he would get a S6 membership.
    I guess Rhino *could* be a surprise villain in the film but he is not one of the 5 we have seen from trailers who are confirmed so it would be a bit strange for him to be an MCU tie-in to a film he isn't in? I guess "Spider-Man" villain covers it BUT I don't remember ever getting a tie-in character to an MCU release that was purely thematic as opposed to an actual direct link.
    Or I guess...spoilers??!?!?! :#
    What would be cool is if we got Lizard and Electro swapped in as SS bosses (I guess lose Carnage and Vulture?) but I doubt that will happen.
    A Sinister-6 booster would fit thematically with Kingpin. Maybe Kingpin will get the Hulk treatment. Or not, it will be interesting to be sure.