What's New MPQ - Updated 12/28/21

Options

Comments

• TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not an obvious one on the clue. Got plenty of shot in the dark guesses.
    As already mentioned Sasquatch. When I think of monster trucks my mind goes to Bigfoot and Gravedigger. Who needs Bigfoot when you have Sasquatch? I got nothing for Gravedigger.
    Who needs monster trucks? So you have something that crushes, smashes and destroys in what is often called a demolition derby.
    Carl "Crusher" Creel aka the Absorbing Man.
    The Destroyer Armor.
    The Agents of SMASH. Somebody we don't already have in the game like A-Bomb?
    Abomination? 
    But its hard honestly seeing any of those being a 5* character.

• mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm interpreting the clue as someone big/strong who crushes things easily. Personally, I'd love a 5* Rhino (dear god not the Giamatti version!) but I don't know if he's popular enough to be a 5* (but was Electro?). 

Abomination would be cool too. Someone from the Wrecking Crew maybe? Hercules? Red She-Hulk? Sasquatch? 
  • RGV123
    RGV123 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Maybe the Man-Thing would need a monster truck.  Absorbing Man would be cool though.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    wymtime said:
    is there’s this season going to be a normal season or is there something special?  We just had a shortened season instead of a regular one?
    We will be having another holiday season but this offseason is an extended offseason so the next season will start on December 9th (not this week).
    @LakeStone
    why would we make a short season to have an extended offseason?   This just seems like bad planning.  Is there any reason for this?   
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pick 3 off-season events are always so grueling for some reason. I do hope we get some of the format switching ones like BFF or Evergreen along the way.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think we need the Track Suit Mafia as goons in MPQ. Maybe with a new PvE event. That would truly reinvigorate the game. 
    Bro, that's a great idea, bro.
  • primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    Transformers are monster trucks. One of the last movies in the Transformers universe was Bumblebee, starring Hailee Steinfeld. She also plays Kate Bishop in the Hawkeye series so I predict a 5* Kate Bishop.
    Um, Transformers aren't monster trucks
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Maybe they are directly referencing that movie Monster Trucks, where the trucks have CThulhu aliens living under the hood from a few years ago? And like, who needs them because we have Shuma Gorath coming to the game?
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Transformers are monster trucks. One of the last movies in the Transformers universe was Bumblebee, starring Hailee Steinfeld. She also plays Kate Bishop in the Hawkeye series so I predict a 5* Kate Bishop.
    Um, Transformers aren't monster trucks
    That depends on the Transformer.
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    SHE-HULK?

Another MCU title coming soon, could be her. 5* would be great!

FIN FANG FOOM?

He’s a monster. 🤷🏻‍♂️

DEATHLOK?

Because I need it to happen.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Deathlok!!!!!
    Deathlok is a cyborg from a post-apocalyptic future who time travels back in time and we all know what mode of transport they prefer:
    But then we have this...
    Now I'm so confused!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    This is interesting, I don't recall hearing any hype for this at the time

https://monstertruck.fandom.com/wiki/Marvel_Monster_Trucks_Live
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Abomination? 

Abomination was in a Marvel Movie recently, Shang-Chi. I believe that is the only requirement for being a 5*.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jacklag said:

Abomination? 

Abomination was in a Marvel Movie recently, Shang-Chi. I believe that is the only requirement for being a 5*.
    Would be nice to have another Shang Chi character tie in.  I can't recall any other MCU tie in that only got 1 character.  Hell, Black Panther got 3.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Still sad we got no Flaptain and Bucky content.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Options
    That one was odd. Maybe they’re saving Zemo? A rework of Flaptain and WS might have been a good compromise if they wanted to release non MCU characters instead.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jacklag said:

Abomination? 

Would be nice to have another Shang Chi character tie in.  I can't recall any other MCU tie in that only got 1 character.  Hell, Black Panther got 3.  

Spider-Man Far From Home maybe with Mysterio? That got a Boss Event though to be fair. I could have some sweet Razor Fist action!
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even though we have a Sharon Carter support.  They definitely could have gone the extra mile and given us a 5* Power Broker.