What's New MPQ - Updated 12/28/21

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I heard Big Wheel is our annual joke character like 5* Deadpool is. I don't remember this being an annual affair during Q4 of year 2017 to 2019.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What about Pietro and Wanda Maximoff? They are mutants in the comics and enhanced people in the MCU which could make them "half mutant".
    Sadly they are no longer mutants in the comics, that got retconned. It also means Luna is no longer part mutant either.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I heard Big Wheel is our annual joke character like 5* Deadpool is. I don't remember this being an annual affair during Q4 of year 2017 to 2019.
    I guess Spider-Ham was maybe meant as a joke? Big Wheel is next level though.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thor is half mutant?!?

Also someone guessed Vulcan on Reddit and that seemed plausible
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I don't think Thor is half mutant in the Marvel Universe sense of the word because mutants are human beings and Thor is an alien. 
  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Adam X, The X-Treme….also a half mutant. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Thor is half mutant?!?

Directly from the Marvel wiki:

Asgardian/Mutant Hybrid Physiology: While Thor was for a long time purported to be biologically half-Asgardian on his father's side and half-Elder God on his mother's side; he is in truth half-Asgardian and half mutant, with his birth mother also being an avatar of the cosmic entity known as the Phoenix Force. As such Thor possesses a number of superhuman attributes common among the Asgardian and other gods. However, due to his unique birth, some are considerably more developed than those of the vast majority of his race, including his strength, endurance and resistance to injury.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    helix72 said:
    Thor is half mutant?!?

Directly from the Marvel wiki:

Asgardian/Mutant Hybrid Physiology: While Thor was for a long time purported to be biologically half-Asgardian on his father's side and half-Elder God on his mother's side; he is in truth half-Asgardian and half mutant, with his birth mother also being an avatar of the cosmic entity known as the Phoenix Force. As such Thor possesses a number of superhuman attributes common among the Asgardian and other gods. However, due to his unique birth, some are considerably more developed than those of the vast majority of his race, including his strength, endurance and resistance to injury.
    Thank you. That is ludicrous but also it's a comic book, what are you going to do...

• DAZ0273
    Options
    Well there ya go!
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is there anyone else other than Cable who has had a significant portion of their body replaced by mechanical parts? They would be half mutant, half cyborg.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Ptahhotep said:
    Is there anyone else other than Cable who has had a significant portion of their body replaced by mechanical parts? They would be half mutant, half cyborg.

Nebula.  

Nebula is a mutant? I guess if Thor is then anything is possible. What about Wolverine? I suppose replaced isn't quite accurate but "enhanced"?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Your boy Omega Red has cybernetic tentacles. j/s
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    The other half of mutant is mut - 5* Lockjaw?!?!?
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    The other half of mutant is mut - 5* Lockjaw?!?!?
    Pizza Dog or Cosmo?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd totally be down for Cosmo.
  • iamcevrus2
    iamcevrus2 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For actual mutants: Warlock, Omega Red, Fantomex, and Lady Deathstrike. Klaw is mutant but falls under the "make more sense to release near Black Panther".
    Part mutant: I could see Stryfe and Madelyne Pryor qualify due to being clones of mutants, making them true-mutant adjacent.
    Non-mutants: I agree Antman would qualify but you'd like to think they'd keep him until Antman 3 was closer. Same with Bill Foster (both Goliath and Antman versions)

But what if "mutant" is to literal and is instead "mutated"? This alone gives us 3 versions of Spider-Man to play with: Man-Spider (which would've been a better "joke" character than Big Wheel), Ben Reilly, and Kane. Absorbing man falls under "mutates" too.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since I’m clueless I’ll say Jasper Sitwell
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    For actual mutants: Warlock, Omega Red, Fantomex, and Lady Deathstrike. Klaw is mutant but falls under the "make more sense to release near Black Panther".
    Part mutant: I could see Stryfe and Madelyne Pryor qualify due to being clones of mutants, making them true-mutant adjacent.
    Non-mutants: I agree Antman would qualify but you'd like to think they'd keep him until Antman 3 was closer. Same with Bill Foster (both Goliath and Antman versions)

But what if "mutant" is to literal and is instead "mutated"? This alone gives us 3 versions of Spider-Man to play with: Man-Spider (which would've been a better "joke" character than Big Wheel), Ben Reilly, and Kane. Absorbing man falls under "mutates" too.
    Deathstrike is a mutant? I guess she was in the X-Men movie but was she retconned in the comics also then? Likewise Klaw? I am starting to doubt I understand what a mutant is to be honest.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    **Mod note: Removed a few off-topic posts. Please refrain from accusing someone of posting datamined information. It isn't very helpful and complicates matters since the accusers are basically incriminating themselves by making such posts.

Keep in mind it is possible for a user to guess correctly.

If you do believe someone is posting datamined information, please report the post or PM a moderator. Please do not accuse or engage the user in question publicly. Thank you.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @DAZ0273 Thor being half mutant is a recent development done by Jason Aaron. While he did some really cool stuff with Thor in his early run, I think he has gone a little too overboard and his current run on the Avengers titles has left much to be desired. 

As far as I am aware, the whole Thor being a half mutant has yet to be acknowledged by any of the X titles.