Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I need to get caught up on comics..
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thor’s mother may be the Phoenix, but the Phoenix isn’t a mutant, it just likes them a whole bunch. Also, you aren’t a mutant just because your parents are.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Kwahder said:
    Thor’s mother may be the Phoenix, but the Phoenix isn’t a mutant, it just likes them a whole bunch. Also, you aren’t a mutant just because your parents are.
    That's a fair point but keep in mind that supposedly the Phoenix gave birth to Thor in the mutant Firehair's body and when she confronts him about the matter, it is in the image of Firehair. 

A counter-point would be Rachel Summers who was also born to Phoenix Jean Grey and her mother is considered to be Jean, not the Phoenix Force. 

Honestly, it's such a convoluted and unnecessary retcon of Thor-lore that I am keen to just reject it outright in my headcanon. I guess Jason Aaron and Donny Cates have something planned and whether that touches on Thor potentially being a mutant or not is something only time will tell. 

But knowing how these things tend to play out in the comic book world, I imagine someone somewhere down the line will try to do something with it now that the seed has been planted so to speak. 
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, maybe it is Namor. It's time for a 5* now, isn't it? We had two of the Phoenix Five in a row, maybe the other 3 are coming late, the first of which is Namor
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Jacklag said:
    Well, maybe it is Namor. It's time for a 5* now, isn't it? We had two of the Phoenix Five in a row, maybe the other 3 are coming late, the first of which is Namor
    I've been asking for Phoenix Namor for a while and there's now even been 2 versions of that concept in the comics. Anything better than the classic version would be cool with me.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    Thor is not a mutant because my apocalypse gets stunned playing both. The End :p
    Okay, that was pretty good :)
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Fantomex?
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Fantomex?
    It is seriously about time.

• Blackstone
    Options
    Fantomex?
    It is seriously about time.

He's been my survey request for a while now.

I feel like I'm being teased with this clue though.

If any company folks are reading this: his powers would lend themselves to in-game abilities quite well... And I'd break my hoard and spend money to cover him.

Just saying.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd love to see Fantomex but can't think up a good set for him, maybe a passive that moves around the board (like the AIM enemy) for Ship? Some sort of jump-infront or AP-steal to represent his future-sight? A conditional do-damage for his tactical ability?
  • Blackstone
    Options
    I'd love to see Fantomex but can't think up a good set for him, maybe a passive that moves around the board (like the AIM enemy) for Ship? Some sort of jump-infront or AP-steal to represent his future-sight? A conditional do-damage for his tactical ability?
    Maybe transferring certain damage to enemies and a stealth mechanic while EVA takes out enemy special tiles.... Actually, EVA could be on the board to prevent damage to fantomex, but only when it's on the board for balance.

I don't know. I just like the character and the hint seems in line with him.
  • Blackstone
    Options
    Ptahhotep said:
    Is there anyone else other than Cable who has had a significant portion of their body replaced by mechanical parts? They would be half mutant, half cyborg.
    Fantomex has nanobots in his blood and an external nervous system.