Why Developer inaction kills playerbase activity within the game.

124»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why can't we have both? Keep the old ones for newer players/players who enjoy them and add something different for players who find them stale and are looking for a new direction/expanded use of rosters.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2021
    I'm just waiting for the day when we get a 4v4 mode for pvp.

Haven't intentionally done a lightning round in well over a year. Only do it if I need the "daily pvp win" and I can't do a SIM match. 

Would be interesting to see a 4v4 mode. Gives more flexibility than in pick 3 formats. 

Maybe they could also do a PVP where you can't switch which enemy character you are targeting.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suggested a thing like that too. 
    4vs4, when downing a characters enters the 4th in the bench, and collecting TU for making a selected change for your bench. 
    It would be really neat to have this on a special LR for advanced players, and this mode should reward many health packs.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    4vs4 sounds interesting, but I think even more interesting if you couldn't tell who the 4th opponent was until they showed up in the match.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,804 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zalasta said:
    4vs4 sounds interesting, but I think even more interesting if you couldn't tell who the 4th opponent was until they showed up in the match.
    They kind of sort of already have a way to do this that would be pretty cool -- in limited doses.

I'm stretching what you said a little, but it *sounds* like a wave vs wave fight, where both you and your opponent are a wave.  You'd pick 3 characters and then however many extras that join the fight when one of your 3 goes down.

The fights would take forever, so I wouldn't want to play an entire event in that format, but in smaller doses it could be very fun and would create a ton of meaningful and interesting strategic choices for players.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 4th character should be showed in the TU card, and accesible only when downing one. I think there is no need to change any mechanism in game for to do that. And who knows, running it and playing people could like it, and being a LR format no one would complain too much.
    It would be a great change indeed.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,804 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why limit it to just 4?

Just imagine the kinds of horrific defensive teams you could set up if it was, say, a 6v6 wave fight.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    whole roster wave fight...