Anyone skipping Shang-Chi ?

Options

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After tearing through Simulator at SCL 10 with boosted Shang-Chi like a hot knife through butter (including the infamous challenge node featuring Sinister / Medusa / Carnage) it is worth to get two totally useless 5* characters while champing him.  
    I heartily second this.  It was the single fastest Simulator SCL10 run I have ever done.  And I think I only used one healthpack the whole time.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We won't know who the next 5 is before Odin leaves LLs ?
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    tonypq said:
    Yes, but if you're pulling for SC, he rotates out before that next 5-star enters LL.   I guess you'll be able to decide if that next 5-star is better than SC, but I can't imagine that will be the case (as good as SC is).
  • tonypq
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Zalasta said:
    tonypq said:
    Yes, but if you're pulling for SC, he rotates out before that next 5-star enters LL.   I guess you'll be able to decide if that next 5-star is better than SC, but I can't imagine that will be the case (as good as SC is).
    I'm definitely interested in getting more info on the next 5 before I start pulling. For me I'm really trying to decide if I'd want Odin or Gamora more. I don't push SCL 10 PVP past the first CP reward and don't usually do simulator at all. So for me I don't think waiting for Gamora makes much sense, I'm not in dire need of her yellow for what I do. I can pull a few and get her down the road if I want.

But I feel like Odin I'd use more. For tough challenge nodes in SCL 10 PVP  or just saving health packs by tanking a bit. I also found him handy against tile spam NPCs, once his red gets going he can deplete their AP in longer fights and make it so they cannot drop any tiles. I understand when people mention he's not great when boosted due to having to take a lot more damage to jump in front. However he will still eat some heavy hitting powers against boosted CN enemies and his match damage boosted will still have him tank colors in some teams. He also seems fun to mess around with defense heavy teams, with characters we already have or will get in the future. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I never skip a 5. However, I’ve had Shang-Chi champed and Odin as well, so I’m still pulling mostly to put extra levels on Shang-Chi. I won’t stop when I finish Ultron. 

If Shang-Chi doesn’t seem like a must have, he isn’t being played properly.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Just a note, if you are achieving the winfinite using Purple to place crits by charged nodes you can easily kill off the opponents team before getting to true heal using his red. It is a little surreal, haha.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zalasta said:
    tonypq said:
    Or you can just pull for both of them? Doesn’t have to be in the same LL. Pull for SC now. Wait for the next 2 to rotate out before you pull for the next 5 once SC is out. 
  • tonypq
    Options
    It's Odin leaving next right ? Then Shang I thought ?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tonypq said:
    It's Odin leaving next right ? Then Shang I thought ?
    yes  odin then shang chi. 

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Options
    SC is really good and much more fun to play than most characters in the game.  Thankfully RNG has been kind to me and I have received more of his covers than the other 5* and I haven't really opened my mini-hoard for him yet.  I pulled a few of his covers when he first entered and pulled a very small number of tokens recently and have him at 5/1/3 with 2 extra reds saved and I am at 475 shards.  I think I am going to go with Gamora over Odin so I am just waiting a bit longer.  I also still have a bunch of milestone shards saved up that I could use to finish him off if I simply decide to continue hoarding instead.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You know how the match damage numbers rise up from the board to the top of the screen? In a recent match I saw ~575K damage float up after activating SC's purple power and placing a strategic crit. Granted, he is boosted, but I also only have him at 12 covers yet. He is amazing on offense.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Able to consistently get 200k+ when unboosted. Everyone is already long defeated before getting to 5 combo during this boosted PVE so haven't seen the insane numbers but 500k doesn't surprise me
  • tonypq
    edited November 2021
    Options
    So I ended up cracking my hoard. I champed Shang, Odin, and Ultron. Started with about 250 some pulls between LL tokens and CPs, and ended up with 1982 CPs left. I'm pretty happy and can save my CPs towards my next hoard. I ended up pulling over several different periods. 

Last night I had a terrible streak of probably 25 to 30 pulls and no 5s, I stopped and figured I'd try to pull today and see how my luck is. Had better luck today, also still had quite a few milestone rewards for *5 shards. Helped me finish Shang without having to go through the rest of my CPs and hope RNG got me the last 3 covers I needed. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champ em all. Boosted 5s being what they are, champ them all.

I’ve been so excited to try Shang the way everyone has hyped him up (wish I had him now for Sim). But Monday. Oh Monday… he shall be mine. I have Odin champed, Shang at 1 cover, Gamora at 2 and Ultron at 1. I have about 900 pulls so will pull for all three and stop at least when Shang-Chi is champed (don’t know if it’s worth going past that and putting extra levels on him). 
    A) He is worth it.  Oh boy, is he worth it.  One has to adjust play a little bit as you look at the board very differently but it's fun to have a new way to think about the game.

B) I also am not sure if extra levels are worth it or not.  In this boosted PVE, when teamed with boosted Col, it was a cakewalk.  VB PVE does not have SC boosted so might be good to test him with boosted Col and see what happens.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Monday LL will be in fire. I have 120 pulls and it's the final chance for SC.
    Mine is at lev 461 but more levels and a bit health more will be so handy. I hope godess RNG can skip the infamous ultron and give a lot of gamora covers.
    When SC exits I will have so much time to hoard again until sersi and another one appear.
    About the godboost, I said it once. SC boosted is the God of Destruction, unboosted is the Deadliest Man in the Galaxy.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Shaun is at 450 and I'm not going for more levels - the goal is to go winfinite as soon as possible, more health gives you more time and even higher match damage ends the match faster but he still depends on the board.

granted, with onslaught even a bad board can turn in your favor with a match 4 and some tu tiles, with gladiator hulk as third it's even possible to win without touching anything or Shaun going winfinite in turn 1.
    sure everything is faster with Shaun adding 1000 points more damage for every combopoint but with the color changing ability of the next 5* I rather continue hoarding
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Out of curiosity, what is the highest hp people have seen in an opponent? I seem to be able to do 150k with a lvl 330 SC at 5/3/4 at 10 combo points on red match 4s with the charge tile missing. I might have missed a variable perhaps.

Lokigator, Hulkbuster, and SC is fun but can fail hard, lol. I’m looking forward to Sersi so I can trade out Loki.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Out of curiosity, what is the highest hp people have seen in an opponent? I seem to be able to do 150k with a lvl 330 SC at 5/3/4 at 10 combo points on red match 4s with the charge tile missing. I might have missed a variable perhaps.

Lokigator, Hulkbuster, and SC is fun but can fail hard, lol. I’m looking forward to Sersi so I can trade out Loki.
    You mean the biggest Shang-Chi hit you've done?

Mine is championed as of today.  I've seen numbers over 200,000 (at 12 covers) with the boost in PvE.

But this really needs to be an unofficial forum contest, with screenshots as evidence.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2021
    Options

You mean the biggest Shang-Chi hit you've done?

Mine is championed as of today.  I've seen numbers over 200,000 (at 12 covers) with the boost in PvE.

But this really needs to be an unofficial forum contest, with screenshots as evidence.
    try Shaun with rogue and killmonger against someone with purple as strongest color, winfinite your way to 14 purple, create a match5 with 2 or even more crits and charged tiles on purple with 10 combo points.

I swear I saw 500k+ 

can anyone help with the math on that?
    a match 5 with, let's say 2crits and 3 charged purple, boosted by killmonger and rogue against onslaught, switch, etc?