shardmas then milestonemas.....

tupacboy
tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
What do/are you think/hoping for this year?

Personally hoping for some means to target a 5* other then shards.. kind of like a personal fan favs store....

and maybe some other means of upgrading supports... 

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Supportsmas would be something different for sure, but I'm not that confident I'd totally want a complete overhaul of that system unless adding a new support into the release schedule to slow down the overall pace is coming with it. Like 4/5/Support rather than 4/5/4/5
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    Something akin to "Dat Other Required Character" and "The Bigger Enchilada". Basically, a way to earn a 4-star cover every day (presuming we have the character slotted) just like we've been earning 3-star covers. In a few months, once we hit 122 4-stars, even giving out one cover per rotation means that we won't get three covers over the course of a year.

If you scour the forums, you'll find that this has been requested numerous times, beginning when the number of 4-stars was approaching the number of 3-stars.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    How does one even get support tokens these days? I've got over 2M red ISO with nothing really to spend it on. I've collected one 5*, and three 4* supports since supports became available. It looks like there's 8 supports I don't even own, including the six infinity stones. Such a good idea that seems to have been abandoned.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    They run a monthly support event that gives a guaranteed R3 support. 

If you want advanced support token, you can get it by playing really hard for pvp season.

Based on the above, you should be able to determine how precious supports are. They used to have weekly 2 days supports events with 100 or 250 items vaults including support tokens and specific support that is available for one month. Placement rewards give vault tokens to the Support Vault store. Too bad too many players complain about being "forced" to play and they took that out. So, you have to blame them.

Edit: here are the links to the Support Circuit Events. They even had Master Token in the vault.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76990/updates-to-earning-supports-updated-1-24-19

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/77040/new-event-support-circuit-1-24-19#latest

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something akin to "Dat Other Required Character" and "The Bigger Enchilada". Basically, a way to earn a 4-star cover every day (presuming we have the character slotted) just like we've been earning 3-star covers. In a few months, once we hit 122 4-stars, even giving out one cover per rotation means that we won't get three covers over the course of a year.

If you scour the forums, you'll find that this has been requested numerous times, beginning when the number of 4-stars was approaching the number of 3-stars.
    This combined with the chance to acquire 250 5* shards a week would be lovely (The Crashier Titans?). My vote for the 4* would be to replace the cp in the Behemoth Buritto with the character required. It isn't a big deal to require three specific characters to be able to play and would keep players like me from making a mockery of it by just steamrolling it with Polaris and friends. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    The Spicy Token vault always has a support token in there, so if you’re hitting the daily quests and using Ghostpool you’ll get four shots at a shot at a token, which will almost invariably be a 1-2*
  • HoundofShadow
    You also get a guaranteed 4* cover and Beginner Support token from Spicy Token Vault every 14 days. That's as generous as they can go. Expecting them to go from one more 4* cover every 14 days to one more 4* cover every day is a big deal or a big jump.

The best gifts they give are those unannounced ones. 

I want to see supports being activated for pvps. Not all, maybe for special ones.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd love a 5* crash, with really great rewards, that's difficult enough that it's not beatable unless you have that 5* championed.

Mostly I'd love that because of the volume of complaints it'd generate, but still!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited October 2021
    I'd love a 5* crash, with really great rewards, that's difficult enough that it's not beatable unless you have that 5* championed.

Mostly I'd love that because of the volume of complaints it'd generate, but still!
    I've been thinking we were due for a 5* crash for awhile now too. What would be an appropriate reward for that? Shards for the character you're using?
  • entrailbucket
    It'd have to be something really, really good to overcome the optimizers' resistance to spending resources on the bad characters. 

Giving shards of the character you're using probably wouldn't do it (because they wouldn't champion a bad character just to earn shards for a bad character).
  • entrailbucket
    PiMacleod said:
    It'd have to be something really, really good to overcome the optimizers' resistance to spending resources on the bad characters. 

Giving shards of the character you're using probably wouldn't do it (because they wouldn't champion a bad character just to earn shards for a bad character).
    Hmmm... I like this idea and the thought around it.  To make the rewards worthwhile, how about we circle back to the Milestones thing...

Make a new Milestone quest thing.  Call it "5* Crashes Completed" or whatever.  You get the point I think.

Completing a 5* Crash gets you a win on this milestone.  For this milestone, have the rewards be increasing amounts of wildcard 5* shards, so that you (the player) could technically choose where to place them.

It wouldn't have to be a ton of shards at first.  Make it like 25 shards here... then 35, then 50... keep ramping up as long as you keep completing "1 win", "3 wins", "5 wins", "10 wins", etc.

This could be incentive for the "gotta champ them all crowd", which seems to the spirit of the game anyways.
    I love it! 

Just to be clear, if they did this, the outcry would be absolutely *nuclear*.  Just imagine the first time they ran the Banner or Wasp crashes! 

The fights would need to be difficult, unwinnable without a champion.  They'd definitely have to lock out team ups, like the crash does now.

But the advantage of this scheme would be that you could use the rewards you earn to go back and champion the old/bad 5* that you previously skipped.  It's devious.  I imagine people would complain about that aspect as well, which makes it perfect.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    PiMacleod said:

Hmmm... I like this idea and the thought around it.  To make the rewards worthwhile, how about we circle back to the Milestones thing...

Make a new Milestone quest thing.  Call it "5* Crashes Completed" or whatever.  You get the point I think.

Completing a 5* Crash gets you a win on this milestone.  For this milestone, have the rewards be increasing amounts of wildcard 5* shards, so that you (the player) could technically choose where to place them.

It wouldn't have to be a ton of shards at first.  Make it like 25 shards here... then 35, then 50... keep ramping up as long as you keep completing "1 win", "3 wins", "5 wins", "10 wins", etc.

This could be incentive for the "gotta champ them all crowd", which seems to the spirit of the game anyways.
    I love it! 

Just to be clear, if they did this, the outcry would be absolutely *nuclear*.  Just imagine the first time they ran the Banner or Wasp crashes! 

The fights would need to be difficult, unwinnable without a champion.  They'd definitely have to lock out team ups, like the crash does now.

But the advantage of this scheme would be that you could use the rewards you earn to go back and champion the old/bad 5* that you previously skipped.  It's devious.  I imagine people would complain about that aspect as well, which makes it perfect.
    As a member of the "Gotta Champ Them All" crowd, I fully support this incentive.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    If we get a five star crash then I would rather have something like the four star crashes. Some of them being difficult even if your character is championed and some that are doable even with only one or two covers.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Yeah I agree that like the Crash, you would want them to be winnable by a 5-6 cover character and not hard-require a champ, and also like the crash there are going to be characters who can do it with less covers, and I guess there are going to be some who will struggle even champed just by the nature of the quality noodle draped across the tier. Also if stuns are disabled that would be a disaster for somebody like Iceman whose whole deal is stunning, and Hulk is going to have a hard time since he kills himself just by existing regardless of opponent (if he goes up against a flyer like Vulture, that could be a real dirty matchup). 
  • toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Yes it feels like this would be self-defeating if only winnable by a championed 5. Making it similar to the existing crash, winnable sometimes even when under-covered and the reward being a cover or shards for that character gives it purpose towards the champ them all goal.
    I'd also be happier if the reward for the behemoth was switched to a cover or shards for the 4-star instead of 2 CP, but that's off-topic and because I'm just looking for more ways to climb Mt. 4-Stars..
  • entrailbucket
    If no one likes it, then...mission accomplished!

Seriously though, something that works like the 4* crash, that rewards you for having all the characters at a decent level, feels long overdue. 

Giving out generic shards is probably too good a reward, if you only need to have the character rostered to win. 

Giving out shards for that specific character seems counterproductive -- if you can win the fight, you probably don't need them, and if it's, say, Wasp, nobody wants them anyway.  So I'm not sure what a good reward would be.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2021
    They sell 5* shards (~500) bundles frequently. I doubt they are going to give you lots of favourite shards for completing easy task. 

As a reference,

PvPs
    T10 placement gives you
    25-75 specific 5* shards in SCL 9, and between 100-150 in SCL 10.

Currently, there are zero 5* shards

as progression rewards in here.

PvEs
    T10 placement gives you 25-50 5* shards in SCL 9, and 125-150 in SCL 10.

For progression rewards, it's 50 5* shards in SCL 9 and 250 in SCL 10.

If they were to make the 5* crash easy to win for majority of the players who has that 5*, the number of shards will be "pathetic". It would be between 50-100  specific shards. If only 1% of the player can win the crash, the number of shards will increase by a lot and I'm expecting 250-400 5* shards. The frequency of 5* crash will affect the number of shards given.

If they were giving favourite shards, the frequency of 5* crash would affect the number of 5* favourite shards given too. Every 5 days means 6 sets of favourite shards a month. You need approx 3 LT pulls a day to catch up Latest. That's 90 LTs a month, which is equivalent to 270 5* shards. I think we are looking at 30 5* favourite shards per crash. If this causes players to feel insulted, it's probably the right amount.

I would rather they put specific 5* shards in pvps, shield sims and pvp season on an alphabetical rotation basis instead. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    They sell 5* shards (~500) bundles frequently. I doubt they are going to give you lots of favourite shards for completing easy task. 

As a reference,

PvPs
    T10 placement gives you
    25-75 specific 5* shards in SCL 9, and between 100-150 in SCL 10.

Currently, there are zero 5* shards

as progression rewards in here.

PvEs
    T10 placement gives you 25-50 5* shards in SCL 9, and 125-150 in SCL 10.

For progression rewards, it's 50 5* shards in SCL 9 and 250 in SCL 10.

If they were to make the 5* crash easy to win for majority of the players who has that 5*, the number of shards will be "pathetic". It would be between 50-100  specific shards. If only 1% of the player can win the crash, the number of shards will increase by a lot and I'm expecting 250-400 5* shards. The frequency of 5* crash will affect the number of shards given.

If they were giving favourite shards, the frequency of 5* crash would affect the number of 5* favourite shards given too. Every 5 days means 6 sets of favourite shards a month. You need approx 3 LT pulls a day to catch up Latest. That's 90 LTs a month, which is equivalent to 270 5* shards. I think we are looking at 30 5* favourite shards per crash. If this causes players to feel insulted, it's probably the right amount.

I would rather they put specific 5* shards in pvps, shield sims and pvp season on an alphabetical rotation basis instead. 
    I think your looking at it the wrong way here.
    Currently the Crash rewards an LT which has 15% chance of being a 5*. So 15% of 500 shards is 75 shards. So each 4* crash is worth roughly ~75 shards. A 5* crash would have to reward more than that. Say 100 shards toward the your 5* favorite (chosen at random if you have more than 1 favorited) if the difficulty is such that 6-8 covers gives someone a reasonable chance to win the crash (how 4* crashes work). If the difficulty is higher then more shards would be needed.
    KGB