shardmas then milestonemas.....

1235»

Comments

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 496 Mover and Shaker
    I have the same recollection as @ThaRoadWarrior. Though I barely benefited from the extra rewards being given out after the outcry, I felt that it people were being given what was promised. I'm a firm believer in communicating change before it happens and spinning it to your advantage. You may then have to remain in communication/outreach mode, but sometimes you have to put in the work to get things to roll your way.

Shards themselves are bittersweet for me. The moment they introduced them, I championed them in every thread, possibly annoyingly so. For me, it still is an awesome idea as it's allowed me to roster 4* characters and get Kitty from 4 covers to 8 covers (from 2/0/2 to 2/4/2... and she'll be 2/5/2 shortly). Where I would constantly complain was in the reduction of the HP in multiple locations. While I'm still rostering everybody Pokémon style, it's HP that I want; once I've got everyone, I'll be up in arms about iso drought. (Don't get me wrong, I'm iso poor, but it's baby step slow progress and Im not missing out on anything, unlike losing a cover.)
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    Except, because of that reaction, we went from a situation where we got partial retro rewards in big batches to a situation where we get zero retro rewards ever.  Potentially they planned to make every 4* a feeder, or feed 5* with multiple 4*, and that is now completely off the table. 

For many players that's ok.  The new system works better for them.  For other players it's not -- they're being deprived of partial retro rewards that they could use, because a small, loud group would find that offensive.  How do we know how big the groups are?  We don't.

Was the devs' reaction/the new system predictable?  I'm not sure.  I do think that any sort of player/fan rebellion is probably going to have some unintended consequences, because players and fans don't have control over decisionmaking and will never have control. 

This strikes me as an example of those unintended consequences -- "ok, if you're so upset by reduced retro rewards, we'll give you *no retro rewards at all* from now on."
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the current rollout is fine except for the fact that feeders are few and far between - it would be ideal if old 5s just got a feeder after a certain amount of time rather than will they/won’t they every 4* release. The way they tried to do it at Shardmas was like how gift cards used to work so long ago where they would just quietly hemmorage money if you didn’t use them fast enough, which is a trash value proposition to the customer.
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    its almost time (maybe... lol)... was hoping for some annoucement today...