When to use CP and LL tokens

Comments

• Speed283
    Speed283 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    I was about to pose the question if I should use 500 of my 6,000 CP on Shang-chi. I have 3 days to get him. I am definitely leaning towards using the points on him.
    Any other opinions?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    You should just pull LT. Don't use 500 cp. You could get Odin cover along the way as well. 500 CP is 20 pulls. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Don't use cp points when the character is still in LL store.
    Apoc is a perfectly fine character too and personally I prefer him to okoye.
    However you will be pulling the others 2 so it's up to you if waiting for another store.
    It depends on how and where you will use them.
    If you have enough kitty then you might consider pulling for ultron.
  • Speed283
    Thanks again Hound and Bad
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Go for it, if you don't level up fully it shouldn't affect your mmr. 
    Just make sure you have enough roster slots for all the 4 stars 
  • Speed283
    What should I use CP on? Or just continue to save them?
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Use your ll tokens and then just use what cp you need to fully cover the 5 stars
  • Speed283
    Thanks Jimsta 
  • Speed283
    I just looked… it would cost almost ALL of my CP to fully cover Shang, let alone anyone else. Is it worth it?
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Good luck mate👍
    Remember you don't necessarily need to level up your 5s although it will be tempting. 
    I personally think you could hit 1200 with shang chi and chavez alone... 
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Use your cp to open packs don't use cp to level up 
  • Speed283
    Ok thanks 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 790 Critical Contributor
    Speed283 said:
    I currently have 24 max champed 3* and 21 4* with 13 covers (none max champed)
     Is it too soon to start using my 6000 CP and 240 (or so) LL tokens?
     Thanks for any and all opinions!
    I'm a little late to the party, but I'll throw my 2 cents in. Going off of your roster alone makes it difficult to say. Everyone has already given good answers, but my answer changes based on your goal or play style.

If you want to collect and champ them all, then spending your LT now is a bit early. One approach to collecting is to only champ the ones you use. The rest can be soft-capped (left at 13 covers, unchamped).

If you would like to be more competitive in 4* land, then focus instead on trying to champ the rest of the meta 4* characters.

If you're trying to move up into 5* land as soon as possible, then spending your LT might be the way to go. I would hold onto the cp for future stores featuring 5* characters you are trying to build.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,588 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you aren't going to pull the anni store, sit around and wait until the next 5* is announced. If you want shang chi then you can decide if you want Odin or the next 5*. If the next 5 is real good you can just wait for Odin to rotate out.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Some players have this idea that you should hoard until you have enough to have a good chance of getting 5* to a champable state. Personally I don't agree with that as when you are in 3*/4* land, a 5* character with even a few covers (preferably at least one of each colour) can already be a game changer. Also, some of the best characters keep popping up in stores so you can always finish them off later - I now have Apocalypse ready to champ after pulling from 3 different fan favourite stores over the course of a year (as well as a few covers from other sources) but he proved to be very useful in the meantime too. Kitty is also very good, so I would definitely recommend using your CP on the fan favourites store. I agree with Bad on Shang-Chi and Odin, so would suggest using LL for those.
  • Speed283
    Thanks everyone - I used 145 out of the 255 LL.
    I now have 12 covers for Shang, 9 for Electro and 7 for Odin.
    Should I stop at this point?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is his trio's build

Shang-Chi: 5/4/3
    Electro: 5/3/1
    Odin: 1/2/4

I would stop if i were you. Your pull rate is 19.3%, which is excellent.

Your Shang Chi build is great.

You've gotten the most important colour for Electro as a 4* player: her yellow. You'll probably see a  number of Juggernaut/R4G + Polaris/GotG teams. If you have Wanda's green power instead, you would be taking 1 damage against Juggernaut team. 

As for Odin, at that build, he isn't that helpful yet.

Let's wait for more players to give you their takes.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Congratulations on your pulls!
    With that covered SC you can punch really high.
    Now try to exploring electro. If you like her and you want more covers,think that her time is running out in a week.
    The odds at pulling however will tend to compensate at 14% in long pulls so you can expect less 5*s.
    By the way that SC setting is almost the same when I recorded those 2 videos(4/5/3) https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/85697/loving-sc-boosted
  • Speed283
    Thanks all for your input!
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Well done mate, do you play scl10 pve?
    Can finish shang chi that way