Loving SC boosted!

Options
Bad
Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
He can fight hand to hand on CN and end the battle unscathed! Some proof here.
https://youtu.be/SV_V8IlXUaU

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,406 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's clear he is a dps monster. I will chase him when odin leaves. He can slot into a number of different pairs and be the best third on any team available.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shang-Chi has me thinking that if the anniversary store does not have useable characters for me (Kitty and/or BRB) then I will hoard until Odin leaves then pull from LL until SC rotates out. Praying to Tymora the entire time because I probably won’t have 300 pulls. But he should be in next years anniversary so he will be mine
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's the perfect "first 5*" because you don't have to worry about matchmaking at all -- he can beat anything you see.  It will take practice to get good with him though, and he's never going to be a guy you can use while you watch tv or run on a treadmill.  He's also bad on defense, but at that stage, defense isn't a huge concern anyway.

I have a feeling that some players who 550'd SW and Colossus, thinking these characters made them immune to attacks, will get very upset when they constantly lose to lvl450 Shang-Chi.  I expect complaint threads here.

Once I champion him I might even start playing shield sim again, just to make sure a few players who 550'd SW and Colossus will constantly lose to lvl450 Shang-Chi.
  • dianetics
    Options
    entrail you are probably right, if you missed col5 SC is your best shot to move up right now.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm ready to get him champed but hate the waiting game. Especially when it doesn't look like I'm gonna end up using any of the other characters.
    Will hijack this thread for a second and ask the question as to what is the best option at the moment
    Electro, Odin and Shang-Chi
    Odin, Shang-Chi and Ultron
    Shang-Chi, Ultron and ?
  • dianetics
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Just wait until the next 5 is previewed and make your decision.

I am waiting for odin to drop out because i already covered electro.

Odin is worse than electro and ultron, so...if you want SC puil for him now or after Odin drops out.

Your best bet is to wait to see who is coming next.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled for him right on his entry on LL. I have already 12 covers plus 1 saved.
    I champed electro too, but I'm busy with SC lol.
    For me electro is more interesting than odin and ultron of course.
    Waiting for the next 5* and losing her is too risky imo, or at least when she takes her exit I will save a decent hoard for the future.
    And then I will think on try to champ odin or totally pass on ultron, and because of that reason odin will be unfinished.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I'm ready to get him champed but hate the waiting game. Especially when it doesn't look like I'm gonna end up using any of the other characters.
    Will hijack this thread for a second and ask the question as to what is the best option at the moment
    Electro, Odin and Shang-Chi
    Odin, Shang-Chi and Ultron
    Shang-Chi, Ultron and ?
    Easy decision for me since Ultron would pair well with Polaris and Grocket. If I was a 5* player I look at my roster. If Colossus and 5witch were my best characters I would pick Electro. If Kitty and BRB I would pick Ultron. I would only wait if I was picking Ultron. Odin would have good 4* partners but without Heimdall in the 5* realm he is a little suicidal.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With a decent board and boosts, Shang-Chi can pretty much beat anyone turn 1. I was messing around in Simulator yesterday and was beating Switch+Colossu5+Apoc teams turn 1 or 2 regularly. Now, I'm pretty sure I lost every single retal, so he's not the best on Def, but who is?
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    Borstock said:
    With a decent board and boosts, Shang-Chi can pretty much beat anyone turn 1. I was messing around in Simulator yesterday and was beating Switch+Colossu5+Apoc teams turn 1 or 2 regularly. Now, I'm pretty sure I lost every single retal, so he's not the best on Def, but who is?
    I've found that when you hit them for 75 points, they rarely retal for 1!
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    He's the perfect "first 5*" because you don't have to worry about matchmaking at all -- he can beat anything you see.  It will take practice to get good with him though, and he's never going to be a guy you can use while you watch tv or run on a treadmill.  He's also bad on defense, but at that stage, defense isn't a huge concern anyway.

I have a feeling that some players who 550'd SW and Colossus, thinking these characters made them immune to attacks, will get very upset when they constantly lose to lvl450 Shang-Chi.  I expect complaint threads here.

Once I champion him I might even start playing shield sim again, just to make sure a few players who 550'd SW and Colossus will constantly lose to lvl450 Shang-Chi.
    I play this game on my treadmill, I don’t understand why it will be difficult?
  • Borstock
    Options
    Borstock said:
    I've found that when you hit them for 75 points, they rarely retal for 1!

I'm rarely worth 1. Plus, the score that shows up on a retal is unreliable since it isn't calculated in real time. That, or maybe just people like hitting me.
  • TheRiddler
    Options
    Bad said:
    I pulled for him right on his entry on LL. I have already 12 covers plus 1 saved.
    I champed electro too, but I'm busy with SC lol.
    For me electro is more interesting than odin and ultron of course.
    Waiting for the next 5* and losing her is too risky imo, or at least when she takes her exit I will save a decent hoard for the future.
    And then I will think on try to champ odin or totally pass on ultron, and because of that reason odin will be unfinished.

That is my debate right now. I really don't see myself using Odin or Ultron. So its taking that gamble as to whether or not Electro is worth potentially missing out on the next one.
    Also when does she roll out and when does the Anniversary store come out? Because I have about 380 total pulls right now but its about 200 LLs and 180 in CP. So that is also a factor in my situation. Maybe pulling for Electro isn't worth pulling for without knowing whats in the Anniversary store as I could pull more then and then save more to pull for Shang-Chi as he is about to exit.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Electro will be in until Oct 18, and Odin will leave Nov 15. But I don’t know when the anniversary store (if there is one, since we haven’t had a survey recently) will open. 
  • entrailbucket
    Options

I play this game on my treadmill, I don’t understand why it will be difficult?
    I was using that as an example.  Unless you're some sort of match-3 savant, you'll need to concentrate on the game and choose your moves carefully to go infinite with Shang-Chi.  Most people would find it difficult to do this while doing some other activity.

It's not like using an Okoye + passive team where you just match TU and the enemy melts, or even Polaris, where you just match special tiles and occasionally stun.
  • TheRiddler
    Options
    Electro will be in until Oct 18, and Odin will leave Nov 15. But I don’t know when the anniversary store (if there is one, since we haven’t had a survey recently) will open. 

The last two years the Anniversary season has started on October 1st and announced the last week of September. So going by that we should find out this week and it be next week.
    Also the current PVP season ends around that same time.
    Either way we surely would know by October 18th now looking at it.
    And the No. 1 reason that it will be that time is because I'm getting married next weekend and going on honeymoon the following week. So that will be Anniversary week without a doubt.
  • Borstock
    Options

The last two years the Anniversary season has started on October 1st and announced the last week of September. So going by that we should find out this week and it be next week.
    And the No. 1 reason that it will be that time is because I'm getting married next weekend and going on honeymoon the following week. So that will be Anniversary week without a doubt.

That'll teach you to choose a DC Comics nom de plume!
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options

Usually as the gem season ends the anniversary season begins , so I presume 8 days from now , around October 3 or 4.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm jealous you can have fun with him now. I have to wait till 15 November to champ him. In the meantime, I'll use Karnak as a substitute when I feel like going winfinite.