Class of 2020 PVP

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@turbomoose said:
    This is going to be another week of pain isn’t it

Apoc i hulk teams everywhere, onslaught and Adam warlock will be there too

Yes, 11 weeks of the same boost list in regular pvp, pve and extra pvp was a pretty terrible idea.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,785 Chairperson of the Boards

Hopefully I can get out early with a single 5* and trade hits with similar like minded folk. Who am I kidding, if I present an easy team I will get nothing but level 600 triple 5*.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

Give 8 Team Ups - why MPQ why?!?!?! We have given enough team ups this year -you need to stop this!!!!!

• DAZ0273

No wait - 12 team ups!!!! 12!!! Goddammit!

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

By the time we get to class of 2023 it will be 16 TUs's. At least we have a long time to give them away (just got 5 of them done now thanks to an alliance mate).

The 30 stuns pretty much guarantees you need to use Polaris for a bunch of fights. That may be even more annoying for 5* players who rarely use 4* characters.

KGB

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

By the time we get to class of 2023 it will be 16 TUs's. At least we have a long time to give them away (just got 5 of them done now thanks to an alliance mate).

The 30 stuns pretty much guarantees you need to use Polaris for a bunch of fights. That may be even more annoying for 5* players who rarely use 4* characters.

KGB

Ghostpool red.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023

Chasm can be used in the non-2020 PVPs or PVE. As long as you put a 2020 character with him. It should register the start of each match as three stuns with a 2020 character.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

Maybe the Devs get a Bonus for increased TU since last year. It's all SMART Goals

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

@Vhailorx said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Vhailorx said:
    Hmm, Apoc is the best all around character from 2020, but he has so many viable partners that i

@LavaManLee said:
    Chasm can be used in the non-2020 PVPs or PVE. As long as you put a 2020 character with him. It should register the start of each match as three stuns with a 2020 character.

If only chasm had a great partner in the 2020 class. . . ;)

• LavaManLee

Just used Chasm no problem to finish that Quest. Took Chasm/5Magneto/5Deadpool into the Campaign and constantly retreated. 10 times = 30 stuns. Check.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor

@DAZ0273 said:

This. The TU related quests are ridiculous. I like the limited choices on character selection, it's fun to use teams outside the usual picks. The TU stuff is just silly and I can't figure out why they keep including it.

• nwahs086
    nwahs086 Posts: 83 Match Maker

I climbed to 50 wins with Apocalypse, Yelena, and Polaris. Only wiped a few times, but it was a decent climb team with boosts. I also never faced iHulk because he kills Polaris quickly. Once I reached 1000, I hit 20-25 underleveled teams. Done for the week.

• DAZ0273

Nobody wants my team ups! After all I did for this Alliance, I can't even give these things away!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    Nobody wants my team ups! After all I did for this Alliance, I can't even give these things away!

If your alliance isn't using MBW TUs, then they're doing something wrong. I live on 1* MBW, Juggs and Spidey TUs

• DAZ0273

@Punisher5784 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

If your alliance isn't using MBW TUs, then they're doing something wrong. I live on 1* MBW, Juggs and Spidey TUs

I have no idea what they are doing! Apart from not asking for team ups!

• LavaManLee

@Punisher5784 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

I don't use TUs so must be doing something wrong. :-)

Unless I'm using Okoye, I avoid TU tiles like the plague. And if I use Okoye, I don't want to spend them.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

@nwahs086 said:
    I climbed to 50 wins with Apocalypse, Yelena, and Polaris. Only wiped a few times, but it was a decent climb team with boosts. I also never faced iHulk because he kills Polaris quickly. Once I reached 1000, I hit 20-25 underleveled teams. Done for the week.

How did you climb with this team? It's so very slow. Even skipping ihulk, one enemy cascade when facing Onslaught or ghost pool (or even Karnak + a 5*) can burn through apoc in no time.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

Predictable teams are the strongest of course but I've quite enjoyed some Sinister trap-based shenanigans, and the couple of times I got Magneto airborne against tile spamming Apocalypse were fun.

I'm enjoying this class more than the previous one so far.

• DAZ0273

Magneto does cause Apocalypse problems. Not enough problems that the final answer was not his deserved death at my hands but yeah, he took me by surprise.

• DAZ0273

I see Onslaught's cascadey-ness has not changed... :|