Comments

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,210 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Akoni said:
    Srheer0 said:
    BRB/Carnage/Polaris - worst team to face against

BRB/Apocalypse/Polaris - easiest team to beat

This year will probable be the last run of Class of 2020, seeing how they didn't start from 2019 this year.
    They could do a class of 2099. Where you can only use OML and Spiderman 2099. That would be amusing as an April fools joke. 
    Don't laugh. That's a very possible event. It'll likely be a pick-2, though, with Miguel or OML randomized at the 1.
    Cable and Bishop should be useable for a 2099 event as well.  I'm not sure specifically what year in the future they are from but they are both time travelers so they can go to any time they want to.

Apocalypse is immortal, he could just live until 2099.  Ultron and vision don't age being robots.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a thought: It would be neat to see something like "Classes of the 1960's" that is locked to every character released during that decade. Then do one for the 70's, 80's, and so on. 
  • MODrax
    MODrax Posts: 1 Just Dropped In

Class of 2020

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,297 Chairperson of the Boards

@MODrax said:
    Class of 2020

Though both BRB and Carbage are in the 2019 Class. Will another 2 drop in to replace them?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:
    Holy thread necromancy, batman.
    I thought hound was back!

Me too, ha ha!

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor

@Scofie said:

@MODrax said:
    Class of 2020

Though both BRB and Carbage are in the 2019 Class. Will another 2 drop in to replace them?

This old thread is about the Anniversary-based Class of 2020.
    The current wave of Ten-Year celebration "Class of" events have all been calendar-based.

Carbage and BRB were released after the 2019 Anniversary, but in the calendar year 2019. That's why they were in this week's 2019 celebration PVP. Those released in late 2020 (Meh-gneto and Adam Warlock, iirc) will be added to the 2020 celebration PVP.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023

Hmm, Apoc is the best all around character from 2020, but he has so many viable partners that i expect we will see some variety in this year compared to last.

Apoc/Polaris is a classic, but she is so squishy that I think people will look for an all-5* alternative to leave out.

There are also some characters with decent defensive value that may well show up, like killmonger, deapool. Yelena too, although the fact that all of apoc's actives are below her threshold limits her value.

There are two passive aoe characters too in ihulk and AW, though plays as well with apoc as they do with okoye.

I don't see an obviously dominant option, like there was with with brb/kitty in the 2019 event.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@Vhailorx said:
    Hmm, Apoc is the best all around character from 2020, but he has so many viable partners that i expect we will see some variety in this year compared to last.

Apoc/Polaris is a classic, but she is so squishy that I think people will look for an all-5* alternative to leave out.

There are also some characters with decent defensive value that may well show up, like killmonger, deapool. Yelena too, although the fact that all of apoc's actives are below her threshold limits her value.

There are two passive aoe characters too in ihulk and AW, though plays as well with apoc as they do with okoye.

I don't see an obviously dominant option, like there was with with brb/kitty in the 2019 event.

Except that Kitty wasn't eligible for 2019.

• Vhailorx
    edited September 2023

@Bowgentle said:

@Vhailorx said:

Except that Kitty wasn't eligible for 2019.

True! My mind must have flattened all of the kitty teams I saw in 2018 and the brb teams I saw in 2019.
    But also largely irrelevant to the point of my post which was to discuss the 2020 class and likely teams for later this week.

• DAZ0273

I assume it is OK to zombie this thread? If not then I can copy and paste to any new one but here are the 2020 5* options:

6 Feb 2020 Mister Sinister (Nathaniel Essex)
    5 Mar 2020 Havok (Classic)
    2 Apr 2020 The Hulk (Immortal)
    30 Apr 2020 Yelena Belova (Black Widow)
    14 May 2020 Apocalypse (Classic)
    11 Jun 2020 Onslaught (Psionic Entity)
    9 Jul 2020 Killmonger (Erik Stevens)
    20 Aug 2020 Wolverine (Samurai Daken)
    17 Sep 2020 Heimdall (The Gatekeeper)
    15 Oct 2020 Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance)
    26 Nov 2020 Magneto (Age of Apocalypse)
    24 Dec 2020 Adam Warlock (Infinity Watch)

4*

Polaris
    Some other people I guess

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor

Welcome to Apoc iHulk week!

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

Yeah, Apocalypse is a no brainer and I can't see two better options than iHulk.

I'll try and put out something different but with those two being so strong and likely to be in most rosters it's going to be a struggle.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

I guess I'll do Apocalypse, Hulk and Onslaught. Those are the only 5*s I have fully covered

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,210 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023

In pick 2 pvp it seems like Apoc and hulk will be the obvious choice, but in pick 3 apoc/onslaught/magneto should be fun with magneto blowing up 2 colors with his blue and onslaught blowing up team up ap. Cascades galore.

• DAZ0273

I would like to use Deadpool as I haven't had a boost week with him champed but he quite badly overlaps with Apoc on his colours. I could bankrupt myself and champ Onslaught I guess but Adam and iHulk look decent choices maybe.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,697 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    I would like to use Deadpool as I haven't had a boost week with him champed but he quite badly overlaps with Apoc on his colours. I could bankrupt myself and champ Onslaught I guess but Adam and iHulk look decent choices maybe.

Don't sleep on Deadpool's passive damage and RED stun. As you already noted, the overlap stinks, but he can still be a helpful third and annoying on defense. If I'm low on healthpacks, I avoid him.

• Vhailorx
    edited September 2023

@Borstock said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Don't sleep on Deadpool's passive damage and RED stun. As you already noted, the overlap stinks, but he can still be a helpful third and annoying on defense. If I'm low on healthpacks, I avoid him.

I agree. His passive is annoying on defense, and the fact that his black is only 6ap can cause real headaches if the ai gets some lucky cascades.

• DAZ0273

Dear MPQ players,

Please please feel free to play lots of Polaris! Every match if you can! Unleash the Magnet-y goodness!

Love,

Daz

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 783 Critical Contributor

This is going to be another week of pain isn’t it

Apoc i hulk teams everywhere, onslaught and Adam warlock will be there too