Class of 2020 PVP

HoundofShadow
HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
Here are your boosted 5*:

Apocalypse, BRB, Carnage, Deadpool, Havok, Heimdall, Killmonger, Mister Sinister, Onslaught, iHulk, OMD, Yelena

Here are your boosted 4*:
Anti-Venom, Hellcat, Karnak, Carolina, Legion, MODOK, Maria Hill, Misty Knight, Negasonic, Northstar, Polaris, Superskrull, Wollfsbane.

What teams are we going to see?

Colossus/Apocalypse/Wanda?
BRB/Carnage/Polaris?
Apocalypse/Onslaught/5PX?
Apocalypse/Onslaught/Carnage?
Apocalypse/BRB/Carnage?

Who are you going to use for pick-3?

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have never been a part of an anniversary event so do not know the rules. Is it you only pick characters from the list? If not, I guess BRB/Polaris/Grocket. If so then BRB/Polaris/Karnak. Maybe Karnak will tag along in place of Grocket anyways, we shall see.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2021
    Don’t have the stomach to use Carnage, Apoc+BRB+5pool/Polaris depending on team facing.

i think it’s pick only from the list too.
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Prob BRB Polaris and Karnak for me
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Sadly, I don't have BRB yet, and my Karnak only has 4 covers, so it's Carbage/Apoc/Polaris for me. But they do surprisingly well so far when I'm playing them. Not so much on the revenge attacks, though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was using BRB/Carbage/Polaris up to about 300 points, but switched the much more fun to attack with team of Karnak/Onslaught/Killmonger who can create crit-spam on 2 colors for maximum nonsense. We'll see if it can float, but it is pretty nice on offense.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have Apoc & BRB champed so those two + pick one other. So far I have used Onslaught, Yelena, Polaris, Hellcat and Karnak.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,586 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m guessing the best three are brb apoc and Polaris. I don’t have enough covers for brb and apoc to be effective. So I’m running heimdall killmonger Polaris. No wins on defense don’t think I’ll push hard for this event
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    With enough luck, you can Make a winfinite with iHulk and Karolina. Just keep making her airbourne like you would vulture. If an ally is Airbourne, then he will just keep resurrecting and getting more match % damage up to the cap.

Combinations of Apoc, BRB, Polaris and Karnak will probably be the fastest and most popular teams. Killmonger and onslaught combinations probably being the next most used. And specific C5rnage and Polaris teams could be popular. 

Northstar can work really well with Apoc because he can get you Black and Yellow AP for a cheapish blue cost. 

Maria Hill's pink traps deal quite a lot of damage when maxed out. 

D5ken and C5rnage seem like an obvious duo. Chase black, and profit off of D5kens repeaters. Maybe use Antivenom with them for more cheesy healing on D5ken. 

Negasonic and Heimdall might work together. I don't have many covers on him to test. 

• HoundofShadow
    Class of 20XX locks out all other characters who are not from that particular period.

I see quite a number of Polaris/BRB/Heimdall. I suppose it's due to his true healing and their feeding blue aps, which allows Heimdall to also reduce ap cost for green and other blue power.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I thought early on in Heimdall’s release he would see play with BRB because his already cheap blue got cheaper every time you fired it by putting out a fortified blue CD. Obviously that meta never really materialized in standard PVP.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    I thought early on in Heimdall’s release he would see play with BRB because his already cheap blue got cheaper every time you fired it by putting out a fortified blue CD. Obviously that meta never really materialized in standard PVP.
    I think that would have been the case if BRB put out protects on damage for each repeater. The fact that they do not suggests that would have been crazy broken. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    It was more that  he does about 12k damage when he puts out a fortified blue cd, which for 3ap is a very high damage output.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally settled on BRB/Carnage/Polaris after wiping with several other teams.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    BRB/Polaris/Karnak here

Love events like this when characters are locked out and some metas become unavailable. would love to see events like this running more regularly, run it alongside the normal events so people don't cry (I know, they would). 

Still think there should have been a blip event after Endgame where half the roster are unavailable
  • HoundofShadow
    BRB/Carnage/Polaris - worst team to face against

BRB/Apocalypse/Polaris - easiest team to beat

This year will probable be the last run of Class of 2020, seeing how they didn't start from 2019 this year.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor

This year will probable be the last run of Class of 2020, seeing how they didn't start from 2019 this year.
    They could do a class of 2099. Where you can only use OML and Spiderman 2099. That would be amusing as an April fools joke. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    That was the worst PvP event in the history of MPQ.  It was like shield sim, but somehow even worse.  Please never boost Polaris, Beta Ray Bill, and Carnage during the same event again.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    That was the worst PvP event in the history of MPQ.  It was like shield sim, but somehow even worse.  Please never boost Polaris, Beta Ray Bill, and Carnage during the same event again.

Don't look at or play the next PvP event... Ya ain't going to be happy. 😆

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 790 Critical Contributor
    Srheer0 said:

They could do a class of 2099. Where you can only use OML and Spiderman 2099. That would be amusing as an April fools joke. 
    Don't laugh. That's a very possible event. It'll likely be a pick-2, though, with Miguel or OML randomized at the 1.