What's New MPQ - Updated 10/18/21

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dianetics said:
    I admit many of the names are surely important in the Marvel-verse, but in importance value not even top 200?
    From a fan standpoint most of the more memorable characters are spider-verse villains.
    Surely Red Skull, Crossbones, Jigsaw, Toad, Shocker, Rhino, and several others are more important and deserve a spot above Omega Red.
    I love characters like Death's Head II and Bushmaster, but I doubt I would ever seen them in a major market promotion opportunities. Omega Red could be recognized by the early 90s kids which is a key market demo for Marvel properties.

And yet Batroc Ze Leaper was in a major MCU movie AND a Disney + series!
    In all seriousness - early reports had Omega Red as a potential villain in Falcon & Winter Soldier tied into Russia's Super Soldier programme and presumably Winter Soldiers past. Obviously they abandoned that but it does seem that he was on their radar at some point.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    MegaBee said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    OK I will play, lol!
    Some shocking admissions! Dude - where is Ch'od? Where is D-Man? Silverclaw! Drom the Backwards Man? For that matter - Discus! Swordsman, Mastermind, The Spot, Gladiator (Shi'ar), Gladiator, Hyperion, Nighthawk, Doctor Spectrum, Whizzer (both versions), Sasquatch, Puck, Guardian, Snowbird, Big Bertha, Doorman, Scorpio, Harpy, Richtor, Warlock, Phoenix (Rachel Summers), Magma, Mirage, Bullet, Ammo, Bushwacker, Enchantress, Ulik, The U-Foes, Typhoid Mary, The Elf with the Gun, Malekith, Kurse, Silvermane, The Spider-Slayer, Molten Man, Manslaughter, Tigra, Wonder Man, Graviton, Titanium Man, Killraven, Spymaster, Dominic Fortune, Captain Ultra,  Razorfist, Zaran the Weapons Master, Zzzaxx, Nomad, Tiger Shark, Attuma, Merrano the U-man, The Scarlet Centurion, Immortus, Nathaniel Richards, Maestro, Callisto, Caliban, Leech, Madrox the Multiple Man, Triton, Madcap, Destiny, Pyro, Avalanche, The Grizzly, Hypno Hustler, Vanguard, Darkstar, Ursa Major, It the Living Colossus, Solo, Lorelei, Vertigo, Songbird, Beetle, Wingless Wizard, Super Adaptoid, Dragon Man, The Shroud, The Grim Reaper, Count Nefaria, Scalphunter, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Firestar, Impossible Man, Morgana Le Fey, Oddball, The Crimson Crusader, Imp, Justin Hammer, Selene The Black Queen, Moondragon, Pip the Troll, Werewolf by Night and most importantly RAZORBACK!
    This tinykitty just said Zzzaxx...

Hey, look just because he once got defeated by Hawkeye shooting an arrow through him into a puddle..
    I'm more amazed I got away with The Spot to be honest.
    The Spot has the single greatest real name (Johnny Ohn) since the Rainbow Raider (Roy G. Bivolo).
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You say that, but Bushmaster was the villain in Luke Cage Season 2! I think that's the beauty of Marvel's strategy at this point. No character too small and all that.

Jessica jones spent all the first season fighting kilgrave, so villains are pretty expendable. 
    Beautiful intro song, by the way.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Batroc was also in Marvel Heroes too and Omega wasn't. I don't get Batroc appearing anywhere honestly.
  • MegaBee
    Options
    dianetics said:
    Batroc was also in Marvel Heroes too and Omega wasn't. I don't get Batroc appearing anywhere honestly.
    Because Batroc ze Leaper is AWESOME.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    MegaBee said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    OK I will play, lol!
    Some shocking admissions! Dude - where is Ch'od? Where is D-Man? Silverclaw! Drom the Backwards Man? For that matter - Discus! Swordsman, Mastermind, The Spot, Gladiator (Shi'ar), Gladiator, Hyperion, Nighthawk, Doctor Spectrum, Whizzer (both versions), Sasquatch, Puck, Guardian, Snowbird, Big Bertha, Doorman, Scorpio, Harpy, Richtor, Warlock, Phoenix (Rachel Summers), Magma, Mirage, Bullet, Ammo, Bushwacker, Enchantress, Ulik, The U-Foes, Typhoid Mary, The Elf with the Gun, Malekith, Kurse, Silvermane, The Spider-Slayer, Molten Man, Manslaughter, Tigra, Wonder Man, Graviton, Titanium Man, Killraven, Spymaster, Dominic Fortune, Captain Ultra,  Razorfist, Zaran the Weapons Master, Zzzaxx, Nomad, Tiger Shark, Attuma, Merrano the U-man, The Scarlet Centurion, Immortus, Nathaniel Richards, Maestro, Callisto, Caliban, Leech, Madrox the Multiple Man, Triton, Madcap, Destiny, Pyro, Avalanche, The Grizzly, Hypno Hustler, Vanguard, Darkstar, Ursa Major, It the Living Colossus, Solo, Lorelei, Vertigo, Songbird, Beetle, Wingless Wizard, Super Adaptoid, Dragon Man, The Shroud, The Grim Reaper, Count Nefaria, Scalphunter, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Firestar, Impossible Man, Morgana Le Fey, Oddball, The Crimson Crusader, Imp, Justin Hammer, Selene The Black Queen, Moondragon, Pip the Troll, Werewolf by Night and most importantly RAZORBACK!

Hey, look just because he once got defeated by Hawkeye shooting an arrow through him into a puddle..
    The Spot has the single greatest real name (Johnny Ohn) since the Rainbow Raider (Roy G. Bivolo).
    Blackagar Boltagon sits quietly alone feeling sad.

If Flaptain and Bucky season 2 doesn't have them teaming up with Red Guardian to fight Omega Red, I don't even know what is happening at Marvel anymore.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    You say that, but Bushmaster was the villain in Luke Cage Season 2! I think that's the beauty of Marvel's strategy at this point. No character too small and all that.

Jessica jones spent all the first season fighting kilgrave, so villains are pretty expendable. 
    Beautiful intro song, by the way.

Actually it depends on the hero and his/hers Rogues gallery.
    Jessica Jones spent all her first season fighting Kilgrave because she has nobody else of note to fight against. I don't remember much about Season 2 to be honest.
    Spider-Man, the FF, X-men, Avengers group of books have plenty to choose from so you can get away with them being disposable. No Green Goblin didn't harm Spider-Man 2 because we had Doc Ock. It is properties like Luke Cage and Iron Fist (who had their most famous villain stolen by X-Men!) that have some of the worst Rogues gallery out there where you have to make the best of what you have or steal somebody from another Rogues list (really X-Men, that was unnecessary!)
  • dianetics
    Options
    Really I think Luke Cage and Iron Fist should have had a buddy cop season and dumped both second seasons of Luke and IF. I liked both first seasons, but I think IF season 2 and Luke Cage season 2 were the worst netflix marvel shows.
  • MegaBee
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    MegaBee said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    OK I will play, lol!

Blackagar Boltagon sits quietly alone feeling sad.

I will never stop loving the fact that Black Bolt's real name is BLACKAGAR BOLTAGON.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I'm surprised those two characters didn't just come out as a tandem Heroes for Hire show straight out of the gate myself. I preferred LC2 to LC1, but Iron Fist was a complete waste of time in my opinion. JJ season 2 was similarly a nothing sandwich for me. I'm hearing a lot of rumbling from the rumor mill that Charlie Cox DareDevil and Bernthal Punisher may roll up into the modern MCU, perhaps as a HULU original show or something, but we'll see what ultimately comes of that. 
  • dianetics
    Options
    I'd love to see Bernthal Punisher again or Thomas Jane, or Ray Stevenson (though he may be too old now).
    I thought all three did a great job playing Frank Castle.
    Charlie Cox was fine, but I don't think his DD would translate well to the box office screen even though I did love season 2 of DD, which was probably my favorite netflix show of all time.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2021
    Options
    let’s see if I can do 100 from memory without looking anything up…

boom, did it! Only cheated a little with some variants
    DAZ0273 said:
    OK I will play, lol!
    Some shocking admissions!

No Speedball, lists are trash.
    Given our actual roster: I think a third Runaway, SOME 5* web user(s) (Ben?), Zemo, Kang and Hercules are pretty glaring omissions. There's also some real low-effort power-color change characters that I think could do well, like Hydro-man from Sandman's set (but on blue) or Toad from Nightcrawler (but yellow/green).
  • Timemachinego
    Options
    dianetics said:
    Really I think Luke Cage and Iron Fist should have had a buddy cop season and dumped both second seasons of Luke and IF. I liked both first seasons, but I think IF season 2 and Luke Cage season 2 were the worst netflix marvel shows.

Woah woah, IF season 2 was way better than the first and actually teased a promising 3rd season by the end.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    let’s see if I can do 100 from memory without looking anything up…

boom, did it! Only cheated a little with some variants
    DAZ0273 said:
    OK I will play, lol!
    Some shocking admissions!

No Speedball, lists are trash.
    Given our actual roster: I think a third Runaway, SOME 5* web user(s) (Ben?), Zemo, Kang and Hercules are pretty glaring omissions. There's also some real low-effort power-color change characters that I think could do well, like Hydro-man from Sandman's set (but on blue) or Toad from Nightcrawler (but yellow/green).
    Speedball was #7 on my list though?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    dianetics said:

Woah woah, IF season 2 was way better than the first and actually teased a promising 3rd season by the end.
    Saying IF Season 2 was "way better than 1" is kind of like saying rubbing vinegar in your eyes hurts way less than using hot sauce. Not really lining up for either one, my dude. I will say that the last 2 minutes of the last episode of the last season of IF was teasing something interesting, but I don't know if I was holding my breath for it.
  • Timemachinego
    Options
    Speedball was #7 on my list though?
    Control F failed me, my sincere apologies!
    Saying IF Season 2 was "way better than 1" is kind of like saying rubbing vinegar in your eyes hurts way less than using hot sauce. Not really lining up for either one, my dude. I will say that the last 2 minutes of the last episode of the last season of IF was teasing something interesting, but I don't know if I was holding my breath for it.
    For the most part I liked what they were doing in season 2 and was excited for what they teased; the failure of season 1 was just SUCH a hump to get over that it literally couldn't be worth the effort. Very much a turd polishing situation, unfortunately.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm sorry but no one can name 100 characters that should be in the game and leave BATMAN off their list.  Come on, guys!
  • MegaBee
    Options
    I'm sorry but no one can name 100 characters that should be in the game and leave BATMAN off their list.  Come on, guys!
    You mean Nighthawk?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only if we also get a Dark Claw that can't be used on the same team as Batman or Wolverine.
  • dianetics
    Options
    I’ll put it this way in season 2, iron fist did not feel like the central character to his own show. The entire time it felt like he was passing the torch to Colleen Wing.
    the first season was him finding his identity and power. and in the following season he was already prepared to give it up and move on.