boosted 5* in pvp: how are you feeling about it after a few weeks

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would it be better if the boosted amount was reduced to, say, 50 levels?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about boosting 4* to 5xx, followed by 3*?
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2021
    How about boosting 4* to 5xx, followed by 3*?
    I'd love to see a bigger boost to 4's and 3's accompany these boosted 5's. Or at the very least, a bigger boost for the featured 3* characters.

For example, I fear even a level 412 Loki will be a quick snack for boosted Panthos...es? Panthosi? And Loki pvp is usually a chance for the (also boosted this time) 5* Hawkeye to try and be more usable... :( 

But then, some people are complaining about big health pools already, so IDK...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    It has been pretty different from event to event. This Valkyrie one for instance I have no kind of float point at all, it's about as much of a bloodbath for me as when I transitioned to 5* play in the first place with just Ghost Rider. I can bounce back up easily enough, but it appears my usual float around to 1200 style won't cut it this time.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it is good based on the small sample size in both PvE and PvP.  Ask me again when a few of the good 5* I missed are boosted though...
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    In a gotta champ em all game I wonder when was the big idea to hyper level only okoye. Now hulkoye teams are feeling pretty sad and easy to beat.
    And when the 5*s getting better, the champing all players will have a sweet and deserved edge.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's nice to see some different teams out there.  That being said, they are the same teams, now just 100 levels higher with a higher hitpoint pool.

I'm still on the fence.
  • Codex
    Codex Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Bad said:
    In a gotta champ em all game I wonder when was the big idea to hyper level only okoye. Now hulkoye teams are feeling pretty sad and easy to beat.
    And when the 5*s getting better, the champing all players will have a sweet and deserved edge.
    That is only in PvP. That hyper level Okoye and baby champ ihulk are still kings in PvE. 

And PvE has the better rewards so I would still hyper level Okoye 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they reduced the 5* boost nobody would use the boosted 5s at all.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2021
    Bad said:
    I don't know what you're seeing in pvp but in my bracket the 550 hulkoye players that were taking the top spots are now taking the exact same top spots after the boosts, so it doesn't seem like they are feeling bad at all. 

Although one of those hulkoye players did switch from using 550 okoye and 490ish hulk to 550 okoye and 500 wanda.

There has been no change in pve placement as far as I can tell either.
  • Beefhammer69
    Beefhammer69 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    I don't know what you're seeing in pvp but in my bracket the 550 hulkoye players that were taking the top spots are now taking the exact same top spots after the boosts, so it doesn't seem like they are feeling bad at all. 

Although one of those hulkoye players did switch from using 550 okoye and 490ish hulk to 550 okoye and 500 wanda.

There has been no change in pve placement as far as I can tell either.
    Don’t tear down his soapbox. He’ll spend his last dying breath muttering the words “stupid hyper-leveled okoyes.” Just let the old man yell at clouds. 

Now as far as what I’m seeing in PvP, there’s a LOT more diversity in teams now, especially when a good 5 is boosted (Bobby) or even a previously meta 5 who’s just skyrocketed in health (Bolt). In terms of facing these teams, nothing has really changed much. They have some quirks (lot of health allows them to weather the storm until they can get rolling/high match-dmg) but they’re mostly just high-point punching bags from over-eager previously retired players. The only times I’ve ran into issues is when the boosted 5 is 500+ pre-boost. The damage can start racking up really quickly with those teams, and it’s kind of refreshing to have to think about the match a bit, though that novelty may wear off soon with Panthos boosted next week and Apoc/Onslaughts boost week in the not-too-distant future. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    How are we feeling about the current art for charged tiles now that Bolt is everywhere for a few minutes? I kind of think they're still getting lost.
  • Bad

Im talking about teams, not about top players. 
    I saw just 1 ihulkoye team on this event.
    Codex said:

And PvE has the better rewards so I would still hyper level Okoye 
    Proportionally to the time invested and the obligatory disponibility in the exact time, it has the same rewards.
  • BriMan2222
    Bad said:

Im talking about teams, not about top players. 
    I saw just 1 ihulkoye team on this event.
    You weren't though.  You specifically stated "hyper level only okoye"  You specifically called out players that have a hyper leveled okoye only, not just hulkoye teams in general.  Of course lvl 600 characters are able to deal with average lvl 450 hulkoye teams easily enough.
  • Bad
    You weren't though.  You specifically stated "hyper level only okoye"  You specifically called out players that have a hyper leveled okoye only, not just hulkoye teams in general.  Of course lvl 600 characters are able to deal with average lvl 450 hulkoye teams easily enough.
    And top players do they have only okoye maxed? Because I dont see that on their rosters.
    You are making your own conjectures.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    The top of the PvP leaderboard is never going to change.  PvP placement is about 10% roster, 45% out of game communication, and 45% willingness to try hard.  You need all 3 to win but overall roster/meta roster is not the determining factor.
  • BriMan2222
    edited June 2021
    Bad said:
    And top players do they have only okoye maxed? Because I dont see that on their rosters.
    You are making your own conjectures.
    Like I said, I don't know what pvp bracket you are playing so I can only speak for my own, but the top 10 for each pvp usually includes myself with lvl 517 apocalypse, 494 collosus, and 480 brb as my top characters.  The very top couple of spots of the leader board are the players with multiple 550's and every other person in top 10 is 550 okoye and then much much lower lvl characters, and most of the top 25 also are 500 plus okoye with much lower lvls for every other character.  This was typical before boosts, this is how it looks after boosts.
  • Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    MrPlow said:
    I used to go grind for 75 wins but now it's just too much.  Unless they change it back I'm only doing 13 wins.  It's just not fun anymore and I'm also considering just quitting PVP completely.
    I agree, 75 wins is getting harder and harder. if only every time a team lose to you counts as a win, I'll be ok keeping it the way it is. Despite the fact it's harder to win and time consuming. More teams are losing to me, now more then ever.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Wow, this Loki PvP is a total bloodbath lol. What an event to boost Panthos.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Wow, this Loki PvP is a total bloodbath lol. What an event to boost Panthos.
    There seems to be quite a lot of Panthos out there too, not a huge surprise to be fair though.
    My Thanos isn't even champed but boosted to 467 it didn't take long to slaughter Loki and Court Death is just hitting so hard with Apocalypse boosting it (next time, baby!). No idea how this is going to end up.