**** Morbius (The Living Vampire) ****

Options

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akoni said:
    Kwahder said:
    He seems more of an anti-Polaris, and maybe anti-Throg, depending on what kind special tiles he acts on.
    mdreyer93 said:
    Looks fun and I LOVE the art! cheap powers, Polaris and Medusa counter, true heal.... Yes, please
    Yes, he can be a real asset against Medusa/Polaris teams ! Interesting !
    KGB said:
    He's going to totally wreck the Polaris meta (esp in Sim) with his Black and his other powers are super cheap too.
    Like others, I wonder what counts as a special tile (CD's, traps, invis etc).
    Might be fun to run him with Sabretooth (no overlap) and double dip when matching enemy strikes.
    KGB
    He's not just wrecking the Polaris meta.  He is going to hurt the BRBitty and Gritty meta also.  One match of an enemy special tile with full black, three more are gone and Kitty isn't boosting anything and then she is easy picking.  This will be very interesting to see unfold.
    I am going to disagree with all of you... sort of. He has potential to wreck Polaris teams, but where he will really shine is in Polaris/Anti-Polaris teams. Expect to see Polaris users rocking him in order to have an edge over other Polaris teams. His black passive allows Polaris to fully utilize her blue now by creating enemy Strike tiles, then matching them for both Polaris and Mobius passive power activation. His blue is good as a second fire for blue AP or as a back-up in case Polaris is stunned or sent airborne. If the enemy gets a jump start with BRB or Grocket, Mobius's purple might keep Polaris alive long enough to reverse the field. Honestly, his purple traps are actually fairly weak against BRB and Polaris because they swarm the field so quickly that the trap tiles will be replaced frequently. 
    I am thinking that with everyone running Morbius, Karnak and America become more effective than Polaris/Morbius shenanigans. In pick 3 matches that is, where you can bring along Beast on offence and leave Morbius on defense. In Pick 2, Polbius might become a thing. 
    In PvE, Polaris is still the undisputed champ. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I want to know why this isn't a 5 or a there isn't a 5 with a a similar power set?

Is there a purposeful meaning that there aren't any 5 start counters to 5 star meta's? 

I understand making useful and even 4 stars that counter 5 star meta's to a certain extent but almost every single 4 that has been released lately is leaps and bounds better than the 5's outside of the numbers when it comes to health and damage..

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,713 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    tonypq said:
    Another great 4*, they've been on a roll. Really nice abilities and tool set that serves a purpose. It's sad  they have released such good 4s and simultaneously such trash 5s. 

Yep they have churned out so many great 4*s that I will barely use except sim for a section of my wins. This si why i still think pvp should be one 5* max. You end all those game breaking metas and we can pick from a huge selection of 4*s to use. The game would be so much more diverse.
    You could run 3x5* in sim. I think they should trial it in an event.

As for hulk I have no idea why they haven't created a green special tile spammer than puts down 4x of really low special tiles every turn. Even if they are only 1HP.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It’s more important to punch above your weight than to meet your weight class. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Either 5 pvp needs to be added into a rotation or it needs to be a thing all of it's own that offers increased rewards..
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I want to know why this isn't a 5 or a there isn't a 5 with a a similar power set?

Is there a purposeful meaning that there aren't any 5 start counters to 5 star meta's? 

I understand making useful and even 4 stars that counter 5 star meta's to a certain extent but almost every single 4 that has been released lately is leaps and bounds better than the 5's outside of the numbers when it comes to health and damage..

Could be that they want people having to spend money to chase those existing 5* meta's?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My question is does that black passive work on special tiles in multiples....
    So if you make a match that has say 2 strike tiles does it remove 6 more special tiles? Because it is pretty much worded the same way as with Polaris and hers works that way.
    If that is the case the potential is here for this to really cut down Gritty and even Britty.

Based on the wording of the power, it should activate multiple times if have multiple enemy special tiles in the match.  This should include special tiles in the row or column destroyed by a match-4.
  • TheRiddler
    Options
    So I'm thinking of plenty of pairs that might possibly give you winfinites in PVE with this against goons that do primarily do damage with CDs.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I'm thinking of plenty of pairs that might possibly give you winfinites in PVE with this against goons that do primarily do damage with CDs.
    There's going to be lots of great combos, and Morbius could definitely keep minions from ever getting their CDs to go off, but none of his powers are able to go true winfinite.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    What enemy are 4* players facing that would benefit from that maximum health reduction power? I wonder if that's boostable by Okoye the way Anti-Venom's health/damage is, and if so what that might do to the Hulk meta (if anything)? Anybody ever test that with Old Man Daken's green, I assume it works the same?
  • TheRiddler
    Options
    What enemy are 4* players facing that would benefit from that maximum health reduction power? I wonder if that's boostable by Okoye the way Anti-Venom's health/damage is, and if so what that might do to the Hulk meta (if anything)? Anybody ever test that with Old Man Daken's green, I assume it works the same?

It 4* it might be useful against Medusa teams? IDK. I can' think of too many 4* teams that it is an issue.
    If anything I think Morbius potentially helps Okoye and Hulk. He seems targeted at Kitty, BRB and Polaris etc. For example against Britty just one match and those protect tiles can be gone in Round 1.
    I can't see how he would work against them because he requires some setup and as a 4* would seemingly be dead by the time they are matching those trap tiles.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just took the great luxury to try to prove OMD. Against an okoye and hulk baby champed. Hulk level 450 reviving with 18k health. I fired 2 times his green. After some battle I downed him and he revived with 18k as the mark on his health was high than his power. I fired a third time and he revived the same. I fired a fourth time and he revived with 9k health. I fired a fifht time and he killed winter warrior and he didnt revive anymore.
    As my daken deals 9500 with  green it is needed to fire 5 times for not reviving anymore. 
    Now it would be fine if hulkoye teams used special tiles: never saw one.
    And morbius deals random damage so you can figure it now.
  • TheRiddler
    Options
    Is OMD the only character currently with that mechanic?
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ... they will never break the game...
    So... 
    Bishop was nerfed by mistake? 
     ;)
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Kolence said:
    ... they will never break the game...
    So... 
    Bishop was nerfed by mistake? 
     ;)
    Fair point.

Bishop (and Worthy) broke the game for those who had 5* champs, but not for solely 4* rosters (or those with undercovered, underlevelled 5*). They did so by punishing a simple match-3 made by any champ or high-levelled 5*, when making a match-3 is the fundamental building block of the game. None of the recent strong 4* punish that mechanic.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Something had to be done about Bishop, but I still think they were too heavy handed with HammerCap.
  • argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Options
    Either 5 pvp needs to be added into a rotation or it needs to be a thing all of it's own that offers increased rewards..
    I like this idea. Some of the more interesting PvP (imo) has been the Combined Arms events.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wait... Did i read that correctly?

I never thought of it that deeply, but if i interpretted correctly, does OMD's green reduction of max health cause iHulk to revive with less health?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Bad said:
    I just took the great luxury to try to prove OMD. Against an okoye and hulk baby champed. Hulk level 450 reviving with 18k health. I fired 2 times his green. After some battle I downed him and he revived with 18k as the mark on his health was high than his power. I fired a third time and he revived the same. I fired a fourth time and he revived with 9k health. I fired a fifht time and he killed winter warrior and he didnt revive anymore.
    As my daken deals 9500 with  green it is needed to fire 5 times for not reviving anymore. 
    Now it would be fine if hulkoye teams used special tiles: never saw one.
    And morbius deals random damage so you can figure it now.
    When you say "stopped reviving anymore," you mean he is perma-dead while other team mates are alive?

And you could seed the board with either flavor of Carnage, or perhaps Colossus eventually, if you were going to try this with Morbius.