Puzzle Gauntlet - Strikes/Enemy Strikes character recommendation

Options

Comments

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Punter1 said:
    Used Gwenpool for the remove enemy special tiles.  Saved up 27 Purple then used the remove enemy specials power in her 'sploits.  Was targeted so you can run it for attack and protect. 

Gwenpool 'sploits codes — D3 Go! Forums
    I used Quasi-Sonic Scream, cleared the board, all enemy special tiles gone.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    For clearing all enemy special tiles, I took my 5Doom, softened him up in PVE with Thanos, took him to that node, let him die and his passive took care of everything for me after 2 turns.  :D
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Punter1 said:
    Used Gwenpool for the remove enemy special tiles.  Saved up 27 Purple then used the remove enemy specials power in her 'sploits.  Was targeted so you can run it for attack and protect. 

If you have even one black cover for GEDoom just let him die first and all enemy SAP tiles gone
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Punter1 said:
    What character recommendations to generate strike & enemy strikes for current Puzzle Gauntlet?
    Looks like the enemy strike one is set-up for you to generate protect, then the enemy Loki flips them to strike to win.  Elektra Black power is missing so the only black power for the enemy is Loki.  Running with BRB & Polaris to get the protects up first
    If you don't have BRB, 4* Wasp works.  Generate strikes and right before loki can cast black, flip all your strikes to shields.  
  • lvsmr2
    lvsmr2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Any suggestions for the fortified and also the charged tile one? The AI keeps taking them away and firing off their powers too quickly. 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don’t get the concept behind the puzzle gauntlet. I would have to make a spreadsheet of all my characters who create strike tiles and support each other. I have to check every single character to see who creates strike tiles - no idea. Do people have time to do this complex analysis and setup? Maybe it’s easier if you have a very mature roster, but with a all 2* championed and a handful of 3*, this is a nightmare not worth the effort required to figure out all the complexities. I thought I had it figured out, and with 8 strikes on the board and 15 black AP in the bank, fired 3* iron fists green power and got to 10 strike tiles - adding 2 instead of 6, so there is some unknown rule preventing the act - so failed soon after.

The puzzle gauntlet is just a complicated exercise in frustration.
    For better or worse, this is geared towards 4* plus Vets. It's what we've been crying out for, use more of our roster in unique and creative ways, instead of the norm in events where you just use the current meta ad-nauseum with no variation.   

The puzzle gauntlet is just a complicated exercise in fun.  Bringing the Puzzle back to mPq

Also most of us who have been playing for a while have a good idea on what most the characters do.  This event should help teach newer players too on some of the more creative ways to use characters.  That being said, I even forget on the more niche powers and missed the Bolt & Dr Doom were the easy solution for one of the nodes, that's why I came here to both help and be helped.  

Good news is the rewards aren't that exciting so do what you can.  There are options in 3* land that will help with most nodes, and even a couple of 2*s that can assist.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Punter1 said:

2* Mags could do the same thing, too. For those without Black Bolt.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,062 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    lvsmr2 said:
    Any suggestions for the fortified and also the charged tile one? The AI keeps taking them away and firing off their powers too quickly. 
    Bolt if you have him creates 1 or 2 per turn (depending on covers you have for him).
    The important character to use is Lockjaw. He creates 8 for 8 green. So once you have 24 Green you are good to go. If you team him with Bolt (or other charged tile makers) you may only need 16 Green esp since some of the AI characters make charged tiles too.
    KGB
  • MoosePrime
    Options
    lvsmr2 said:
    Shuri is good for the fortified tiles one, her red fortifies a bunch of tiles.  4* Black Panther's yellow repeater puts out fortified tiles.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lvsmr2 said:
    Fortified
    If you have Heimdall, have his blue reduce the cost of 4* BP blue to 3 (brought 3* Iron Man to fuel everything).  Get to 27 blue and it's over (2 fires of Heimdall blue onto blue tiles (12 ap, 6 fortified tiles), 5 fires of 4* BP Blue (15 ap. 15 fortified tiles).    

Charged 
    Thoress, Lockjaw, 3* IM or Vulture.  Gather AP to fire Thoress blue and Lockjaw Green.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,267 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used Vulture/Throg/Carbage to clear all the specials. Vulture's black/blue will handle up to 4 of them while creating green for Throg to engage in Nonsense. Throg is hilarious if there is a LOT of enemy specials in play. Mine is unchamped, 4/4/5 if you're curious. only has like 3k hp...

I had the hardest time with the charged tiles one. I took 5torm/Negasonic/Lockjaw and eventually did it on try 1, then attempted replacing 5torm with SHuri to make things cheaper but that was just a little help. Negasonic's green with someone who can snipe that tile for you on turn 1 when it will generate 6 charged tiles is probably the move.
  • lvsmr2
    lvsmr2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. My Bolt isn't great but I ended up using Lockjaw with 1/2 5* Thor to fuel his green and it worked. For the fortified, I used 3* IM with Shuri and 4* Blk Panther which worked great. 

Thanks again everyone. 
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brilliant solution to the Fortified puzzle, Waddles.  I was trying Prowler and C4rnage with 4BP, and Misty's Bionic Beatdown just crushed me every time.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Y'all. That charge tile node killer team is as follows:

Throg/Any 5* (i used Profe$$or X)/Venom (eddie brock)

Make basic 5* matches until all the yellows are full of enemy protect tiles and you have enough green to fire off Throg's green (use Profe$$or X's purple to make more), and then you know, just win as Throg turns the ENTIRE board into a charge tile dreamland for you. I went back in for a 4th clear after this team occurred to me (I always forget about EB Venom's deal), and it took like 6 turns.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Brilliant solution to the Fortified puzzle, Waddles.  I was trying Prowler and C4rnage with 4BP, and Misty's Bionic Beatdown just crushed me every time.
    I used Shuri/P4nther/Heimdall for that one myself. P4nther is a slept on fortifier, his yellow and blue both spam them out in bulk.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Clearing all special tiles is easy even with 3*s. I used Loki's black to convert all strike tiles, She-hulk's blue to get a couple of attacks (and her red to clear a few) and Star-Lord's purple to convert the rest.

The fortified tiles one was definitely very tough as I have no Shuri or Heimdall. I went with 4*Panther, Magik and Mr. Fantastic. Not sure Mr. Fantastic was the best choice. You definitely need to get Misty Knight out of the way first, but even then it takes ages.

I think a general tactic for many of these is to not fire powers as soon as you have the AP, but wait until you have enough to fire a few at once.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Y'all. That charge tile node killer team is as follows:

Throg/Any 5* (i used Profe$$or X)/Venom (eddie brock)

Make basic 5* matches until all the yellows are full of enemy protect tiles and you have enough green to fire off Throg's green (use Profe$$or X's purple to make more), and then you know, just win as Throg turns the ENTIRE board into a charge tile dreamland for you. I went back in for a 4th clear after this team occurred to me (I always forget about EB Venom's deal), and it took like 6 turns.
    I'm going to have to try this out. Seems like it would be fun with Carbage double matches.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I could not even finish the first node with 10 friendly strikes using Polaris, R&G and BRB. I counted nearly 20 strikes and that did not help. Am I missing something?
  • MoosePrime
    Options
    qandols said:
    I could not even finish the first node with 10 friendly strikes using Polaris, R&G and BRB. I counted nearly 20 strikes and that did not help. Am I missing something?
    That first node is attack tiles (the fist icons).
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    qandols said:
    Probably that they were attack tiles and not strikes?