Puzzle Gauntlet - Strikes/Enemy Strikes character recommendation

Options
SlicerDicer
SlicerDicer Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
What character recommendations to generate strike & enemy strikes for current Puzzle Gauntlet?

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Own strikes is the easy one: Polaris and someone who brings strike tiles: R4cket.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,062 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Enemy Strikes:
    3/4* Elektra
    3* Patch
    4* Sabretooth
    5* Phoenix

KGB
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Star-Lord 4* with a Cap Marvel team up or Sabretooth team up.
  • SlicerDicer
    Options
    what about attack tiles? I think those are the fists.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnage works for attack tiles. If you don't have Polaris 3* Wolverine puts out strike for both teams as well. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess he is C4rnage now. I'm not sure about Carbage. 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What character recommendations to generate strike & enemy strikes for current Puzzle Gauntlet?
    Looks like the enemy strike one is set-up for you to generate protect, then the enemy Loki flips them to strike to win.  Elektra Black power is missing so the only black power for the enemy is Loki.  Running with BRB & Polaris to get the protects up first
  • SlicerDicer
    Options
    Punter1 said:
    Looks like the enemy strike one is set-up for you to generate protect, then the enemy Loki flips them to strike to win.  Elektra Black power is missing so the only black power for the enemy is Loki.  Running with BRB & Polaris to get the protects up first
    ah i c.  isn't there a character that puts up like a bunch of 1 pt protects?
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What’s with these choices. Mostly locked out on my end. 4* Black Panther with a BRB team up for the protects. Have him at 5/5/3 and boost his ap.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Focusing on the special tiles was a good decision.  I found this puzzle quest to be really engaging.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Used Gwenpool for the remove enemy special tiles.  Saved up 27 Purple then used the remove enemy specials power in her 'sploits.  Was targeted so you can run it for attack and protect. 

Gwenpool 'sploits codes — D3 Go! Forums
  • Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don’t get the concept behind the puzzle gauntlet. I would have to make a spreadsheet of all my characters who create strike tiles and support each other. I have to check every single character to see who creates strike tiles - no idea. Do people have time to do this complex analysis and setup? Maybe it’s easier if you have a very mature roster, but with a all 2* championed and a handful of 3*, this is a nightmare not worth the effort required to figure out all the complexities. I thought I had it figured out, and with 8 strikes on the board and 15 black AP in the bank, fired 3* iron fists green power and got to 10 strike tiles - adding 2 instead of 6, so there is some unknown rule preventing the act - so failed soon after.

The puzzle gauntlet is just a complicated exercise in frustration.
  • SlicerDicer
    Options
    I don’t get the concept behind the puzzle gauntlet. I would have to make a spreadsheet of all my characters who create strike tiles and support each other. I have to check every single character to see who creates strike tiles - no idea. Do people have time to do this complex analysis and setup? Maybe it’s easier if you have a very mature roster, but with a all 2* championed and a handful of 3*, this is a nightmare not worth the effort required to figure out all the complexities. I thought I had it figured out, and with 8 strikes on the board and 15 black AP in the bank, fired 3* iron fists green power and got to 10 strike tiles - adding 2 instead of 6, so there is some unknown rule preventing the act - so failed soon after.

Hence why i asked in the forum :).  I am a collector type so i have all 1* thru 4*,  but not too concerned about their level so some of these won't work.
  • KGB
    edited March 2021
    Options

He only creates strikes on Red tiles so if you only had 2 open Red tiles that's all he can create.
    This is definitely geared toward 4* and above rosters. It would be almost impossible to complete with a 3* roster. Then again you do get a week to do it so maybe if you work hard at 1-2 a day you could complete about 1/2 of it with some luck. Some parts with fortified tiles can't be done at 3* level and below.
    KGB
  • KGB
    Options
    I finished the whole thing without any boosts or teamups (wanted to do it that way)
    Bolt/5* Doom is perfect for removing all the enemy strikes since they clean the board entirely. Sabretooth might do it in 4* land since you are chasing strikes.
    Ironically I had to do the one where you need 12 strikes 3 times even with using Grocket/Polaris as the AI got crazy cascades/matches in the first 2 battles to remove almost all my strikes so it was easier to restart at 6 and try again than work up from 1-2.
    A couple times I took in wrong teams (fortified tiles and charged tiles ones) and had to retreat and change teams to win. It's frustrating to have Shuri and see zero Red in 20 turns forcing me to redo the battle just to increase Red luck.
    Went 0-2 trying to improve my Lucky from Rank 3.
    KGB
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dogface said:
    Own strikes is the easy one: Polaris and someone who brings strike tiles: R4cket.
    Can't. For own strike tiles you have Wasp, Lady Thor, 4BP, 3 Star-Lord, and 3Beast as your only characters to choose from. And you can only pick 1 of them. 
  • Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The iron fist description says “creates strength 88 red strike tiles”, so the fact it is limited to using ONLY red tiles is a hidden requirement. If it said “turns available red tiles into strike tiles” that would be different.

tried the HAVE 10 ENEMY STRIKE TILES AT ONCE three times. I got up to 4 before all my characters died. And though NONE of my characters created any strike tiles, at one point I had 18 friendly strike tiles on the board. On the 12 FRIENDLY STRIKE TILES, the Best I could do with the strike tile producers I can identify was 10. 3* storms black attack made the friendly ATTACK tiles really easy, but otherwise it looks like I am done with the puzzle gauntlet after exactly 1 node, so, not so much fun.
  • KGB
    edited March 2021
    Options

dokiy said:
    Dogface said:
    Can't. For own strike tiles you have Wasp, Lady Thor, 4BP, 3 Star-Lord, and 3Beast as your only characters to choose from. And you can only pick 1 of them. 

Your goal there is just to live long enough for the enemy Patch to create the strikes for you with his green.  BP/Beast can create some and Star-Lord can steal some and of course there are some that drop from the top on your turn. You just have to be patient and a bit lucky. I accidentally 'lost' by killing them both once before I got the strikes on the 2nd try. Make sure to deny Purple or Thanos will prevent strikes from dropping and Patch's Green from giving you strikes you need.
    KGB
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just beat the 16 of Your Own Strike tiles with 3Starlord. Held onto my purple and green until Wolvie hit Berserker Rage, then flipped his tiles with purple and had 14/16 strikes, cast green since that doesn't destroy your own tiles and hoped for some luck and got a few more to drop for 16/16. 
  • SlicerDicer
    Options
    used Magneto (classic) for the enemy strikes. enemy loki converted all 9 protects to enemy strikes.